Bald Heads and Cut Hands

YeniAy_Ottoman

Hello, everyone. I wanted to discuss something. I realized something about bald female and cut/burn hand male. 

First women...

GRRM bald some women; Dany, Arya, Cersei and Pia.

Dany killed his husband and let die his brother.

Arya killed so many people and she goes...

Cersei killed his husband, Jaime thing and more...

Pia sleeps with everyone...

We know these characters have lost their hairs later.

Now male...

Davos was smuggle, it's a crime, sin... Stannis punished him for this.

Jaime lost his hand, he pushed Bran and killed his king and touched Cersei... These are crimes and sins... Even he said it is a punishmed for these crimes/sins.

Theon betrayed to Starks, took WF and more... He lost his some hand fingers.

What about Jon's hand? His hand burned. It's black now.

Well, We need to speculate on this. If this is about being sinner, then we should looking for a sin about Jon. What Jon did with hands? If Jonarya theory is true, it could be his sin. He often stroked Arya's hair and she blushes when he does this(mostly i guess). Or something i do not recall.

(Or this is not about being sinners... Black Hand... Well, Dance of Dragons 2? Danys's bad color ise greeen and her color is black... Jon's hand burned and became black, it is bad something for him and we think Jon's dragon will be Green Rhaegal.(The Greens and The Blacks) )

Orrrrr it's nothing. :D

What are you thinking about bald women and cut hand male? It is something or nothing?

(My english is not well, sorry about bad grammer.) 

I believe a bald head is supposed to be compared to an egg. The heads of the women are shaved (or their hair is burned off) when they are about to be "reborn" - Dany is reborn in the funeral pyre when her dragons hatch; Cersei is reborn in her walk of shame from the Sept to the Red Keep; Arya is reborn as Arry.

Finding a common explanation for the men who lose fingers or experience injuries to their hands is a complex question.

There is a set of symbols around balls and juggling that has to do with obtaining and/or hatching a dragon. Because of the slang term "balls" (in English, at least) there may be a connection between sexual potency and the ability to juggle: Littlefinger tells Catelyn that he is a good juggler and that he could handle Varys if Varys had any balls. I think the loss of fingers for Davos is related to this juggling symbolism if only because "smuggle" and "juggle" rhyme. But I haven't figured out all of this symbolism.

There may also be a connection to loyalty. Davos becomes a dedicated servant of Stannis after Stannis cuts off his fingers. Great Jon Umber becomes a loyal supporter of Robb Stark after Grey Wind eats a couple of his fingers. Theon becomes Reek after Ramsay cuts off his fingers. I don't know how to connect Qhorin Halfhand to this, except that he urges Jon Snow to go undercover with the wildlings. Qhorin lost part of his hand in combat with wildlings.

I think the burned hands may have a different explanation or meaning. Jon Snow burns his hand pulling down flaming curtains. Curtains are part of the symbolism of walls. (In the description of Winterfell, there are references to the curtain walls around the castle, for instance.) Victarion Greyjoy tells someone that he cut his hand on a thorn because a white rose sigil represents the man whose sword caused the infected cut on Victarion's hand. After Moqorro treats Victarion's injury, he emerges from his cabin on the ship with a black hand from which smoke is rising. More burning symbolism. I think it's possible that the symbolism around Jon Snow and Victarion's injured hands has to do with gaining immunity, like Achilles being held over the fire by his mother.

You're right about Jaime losing his tainted "kingslayer" hand. He makes a great effort to train with his left hand, though, so he can still use a sword with this remaining hand. This could be symbolic of Jaime being reborn as someone other than the kingslayer. The gold hand that he uses to hide his maimed arm is good for picking up a wine glass but not much else.

Theon believes that he is unable to use a sword after Ramsay cuts off his fingers. He does use one, though, to cut the throat of Ralf Kenning, the suffering Ironborn captain who is supposed to be in charge at Moat Cailin after Victarion leaves. Perhaps Theon using a sword in spite of his injury is related to Jaime's determination to master sword skills again, too.

Davos, Jaime, and Theon lost their fingers.  I buy the possibility of a connection.  Redemption for a past sin.  Maiming removes an ability and thus the character develops into something different.  Bran loses his legs and becomes the 3 eyed crow.  Theon is vain and the loss of his fingers makes him a mockery.  Jaime is not going to change until he learns humility and that change could make him a meaner man.  Has he really changed.  He knows about the Jeyne-Arya swap and played along.  Jon; however, only got burned.  It's in a different league from the previous three.  Jon's is an injury without a long term effect.  Daenerys' hands and hair are George Martin's tools to keep us guessing.  It probably doesn't have any story significance and it may remain an inconsistency because George doesn't want a clean story with definitive rules.  Definitive rules of magic ruins the mystery.  Cersei's hair did not make her better.  It's a temporary humiliation.  Kevan thinks the humiliation of the walk took away her authority.  We will see. 

Archived