R + L = X

Mike Dilger

On 7/23/2019 at 6:42 AM, Mike Dilger said:

Why don't you address why Jon Snow has no Targaryen traits?

That's a pretty lame evidence, we have Duncan the small, Baelor Breakspear,  Daeron son of Maekar, you don't need to have a silver hair to be a Targaryen, heck even the Baratheons have a Targ blood.

20 hours ago, Mike Dilger said:

As for other traits potentially being Targaryen (being thinner, behavioural, etc), I'm not convinced the associations are any better than random. Again, I haven't run the numbers.

This, and the hidden prince trope, and a bunch of other things, are not me presenting a case. The combination of all of them are an explanation why I didn't bother with initially answering your "why doesn't Jon have Targaryen traits" question.

20 hours ago, Mike Dilger said:

As for the question about Wylla's travels, I will have to look into that more later. Thanks for presenting that case.

Well, like I said, it can all change with new info. Its just a developed narrative that fits all the data points better than any other I've seen anywhere.

Another point to note on Wylla. We haven't heard from her at all. Even Edric's information doesn't actually say (or indicate either way) Wylla claims (or even believes) that she is Jon's mother. Only that Edric, and his sister Allyria*, believe it. 
*What do we know about Allryia Dayne? She'd Edric's sister, supposedly. She's been betrothed to Lord Dondarrion for at least 6 years but is not yet married. Why such a long betrothal and no marriage? the usual reason would be her youth, given Dondarrion is in his early-mid twenties. So it seems likely she's under 20 years old, possibly under 16, and thus also not around at the time of Jon's birth - or much too young to have been aware of what was happening at least.

A speculation (ie more or less unevidenced theory) I rather enjoy (its not originally mine) is that Allyria Dayne is in fact Ashara's daughter. Ashara got pregnant at Harrenhal, probably to Brandon Stark, was disgraced from court and lost her position, returned to Starfall, had the baby in privacy where it was claimed by her mother as her sister in order to provide a better future for the child and lessen the family dishonour, and Asharas child was declared lost. That would fit all the known evidence.... :)

Archived