Why I like...

Aldarion

On 1/18/2020 at 6:39 AM, Reekazoid said:

While I completely believe that dallying in Essos and attempting to change the fabric of its society is an ineffective strategy for regaining the Iron Throne,  I don't think I could call it irresponsible.  After all , if it's her throne to win back, she can go and win it back whenever she darn well pleases, right?

But +1 for Young Griff having a better political strategy and the superior clarity of purpose.  I would also assert that he has way better advisors.

I would call it irresponsible - by remaining in Essos, she is allowing Lannisters to consolidate their power, which would only mean more suffering when she did go to conquer Westeros. Young Griff only went West when he acquired means to do so, that is when he stopped being a puppet, but when he did, he went straight to Westeros.

On 11/26/2019 at 4:41 PM, Big P said:

Why I like.... Daenerys Targaryen

Because she is doing what a great leader who has been empowered with dragons is doing: fighting against slavery.  That is what a good person should do and that is what she is doing.  Aegon is not interested in ending the slave trade.  He's only interested in claiming what he believes to be his birthright.  There is no question who the better person and the better ruler is.  That would be Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen. 

Aegon may be real but he is not in a position to prove his claim.  DNA testing has yet to be invented.  He doesn't offer enough to make the houses change their allegiance from the Tyrell-Lannister faction to his side.  He will have the Martells on his side but Doran will not start a war as the under dog.  I'm guessing Doran will die and Arrianne will pull Dorne into war with the Iron Throne and lose.  All this will not happen overnight.  Daenerys, meanwhile, will have time to build her power base in the East and continue to draw influential exiles like Ser Barristan and Archmaester Marwyn to her noble cause.  She is Azor Ahai, the one who brought back the dragons.  The lords of Westeros will open their doors and beg her to come.  They will soon get tired of the created by the Baratheons, Starks, Tullys, and the Lannisters.  It will be time for the return of a Targaryen ruler and the dragons.

Archived