What is going to happen between Brienne, Jaime and Lady Stoneheart?

Odej

21 hours ago, Mister Smikes said:

How is this my problem?  I don't expect her ever to go back there.  It isn't even what Stoneheart asked of her.  And if she decides to disobey Stoneheart and spare Jaime, that is even less of a reason for her to go back there.

At the moment I am arguing that, whether she kills Jaime or not, there is no reason to believe Pod and Hyle are alive, (and no reason to believe she will return to the BwB).

And if she kills Jaime, it will because she swore to serve Catelyn, and because she screamed a word symbolizing acceptance of her mission.  Anything more requires a complete renegotiation of their relationship after Brienne is cut down.

You are conflating very different things.  You can survive indefinitely with an elevated chin from a tightened noose.  Pods feet were dangling before Brienne's feet were dangling.  That's what matters.

Only in the sense of her chin being elevated by the tightening of the noose.

You completely miss the point.  Hanging did not kill instantly in "The Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge" either.  Hanging almost always kills, because the hangman almost never cuts you down, no matter how many words you scream.  Lem is like most hangmen -- he is carrying out a sentence under orders.  He does not have discretion, as far as we know.

Still, we can imagine Brienne being cut down.  Nothing is absolutely impossible.  And (if you ignore the whole zombie thing) there is even some evidence for it since we've seen her walking and talking.  But this does not require anyone else being cut down.

We can even, if you like, imagine all 3 being cut down.  But "I can imagine it and you can't absolutely disprove it" is not a very compelling argument.

Other than the fact that they were hanged.  LOL.  

She was asked to choose between her loyalty to Jaime and her loyalty to Stoneheart, whom she had swore to serve.

She was not asked to decide whether she likes Pod better than she likes Jaime.  That would require a complete renegotiation of the original terms offered here.

That's what oaths are for.  Her oath to serve Catelyn.  Her agreement to accept the mission (via the word she screamed).  There has been alot of buildup and foreshadowing regarding oaths.  You just declared all that to be completely irrelevant.

Exactly.  Either she keeps her oath, kills Jaime, and doesn't go back.  Or she breaks her oath, spares Jaime, and doesn't go back.

If I were in Brienne's shoes, I would feel justified in breaking any oath I made.  But Lem does not seem to mind serving her.

I don't know what her zombie mind considers reasonable.  But why not?  She expects Lem to carry out her orders, presumably without hostages.  And Brienne, like Lem, claims to have been her loyal servant.  

Sorry, but your just talking nonsense now. If she is never going back to LSH, then why is she killing Jaime?

The facts point to Pod and Hunt being alive. Brienne is alive, and she was strung up first. And if they are dead, there is not reason to lie to Jaime, no reason to even approach him at all, just continue her quest to find Sansa.

No, she didn't scream the word to symbolize her acceptance of anything. She screamed the word to save her life. The only reason she would carry out this mission is that she knows Pod and Hunt will die if she doesn't.

All the rest is just more nonsense, and I have a policy of not wasting time arguing with nonsense. So I'm out. Goodbye, and good luck.

Archived