Who do you think was the one to betray Arianne?

Aemon XVII

I could see 3 different options.

Arys - this would offer a greater explanation for why he rode to his death. And even if he wasn't the snitch, I think his shame and guilt overwhelmed him and he wanted to reclaim his honor. He does take his KG vows very seriously, but wearing a giant, white KG cloak on a secret mission seems foolish. Then again, some people love their uniforms.

Darkstar - seems too obvious a candidate, but he's weird and we don't know much about him so he's still on my list for now.

Tyene - while she lacked certain details of the QM plot, she was very much aware of it. Tyene being the betrayer would be the most heartbreaking scenario in this case. If it is Tyene, I think we would see a change in Arianna as a character. Maybe not a major change, but enough that it would really impact her story and decision-makings.

On 12/12/2023 at 9:07 PM, Aemon XVII said:

also why did Arys charge at Areo being clearly outnumbered?

"Honorable" suicide.

As for who betrayed Arianne, I never thought about it much tbh, because I never really cared. I always took for granted that Arianne and Sand Snakes were already under "discreet" observation. I know I would've done it if I were Doran.

I didn't have the impression that "Who?" was relevant to the story. Arianne says that she was careful but there were too many people, for my liking at least, involved in her plot. And the only important lesson from that is what Hotah says (shrugging); "Someone told. Someone always tells."

That's absolutely true in this world as in our world. A word, a suggestion, a hint and all goes crumbling.