Sandor's bloody cloak in the cedar chest

5) See my avatar. This is what I wanted the Hound to look like. Why, oh, WHY did they give him that fluffy-looking hair and that beard?????? I'm definitely on board with Rory McCann so when I found this pic of him . . . <thud!> Short hair, no beard . . . I could sop him up.

Meant to also say that although I don't much love Rory's beard, I think they could have some fun in Season 2 if he mysteriously starts shaving and looking a bit tidier, for reasons known only to him (and to US!!!). :dunno:

And please, Henry Cavill as Renly ... that was a missed golden opportunity, for sure.

I enjoy this thread since we can talk about hotties here. I think Joffrey is perfect in a Draco Malfoy sort of way (this is not original to me, another poster said it way back though i don't remember who). I don't think curly hair would have worked, either for him or for Jaime, in the show. that's a visual that is nice in concept but might come across as too extravagant on screen.

Seconded, thirded, fourthed the detestation of pretty boys. I went through a phase in my late teens when i thought Orlando Bloom was a hottie. Then I Came To Jesus. Benicio del Toro: ugly yet hot. Clive Owen: scarred up face yet smokin hot (his acne scars are actually a +1 to hotness). Javier Bardem: ugly yet fucking hot. Orlando Bloom: looks like a girl. Fucking Robert Pattinson? Fucking gross. Any dude that is prettier than me without makeup on does not count as a hottie. Suzette, it's good to hear from another gal who likes beards. Srsly, if a guy can grow a nice beard, grow the gd beard! it looks manly. My husband does me the huge favor of growing a big red beard each year through hockey season. It is HOT. Heavy eyebrows are also a must.

I think Rory McCann is smokin hot but not as the Hound (btw Starbird, what is that picture from? It is awesome and smouldering). Which I guess is part of the point. Really, I don't think he does the long hair thing well; it distracts from how gigantic he is. So it's like his base natural hotness +/-: +10 hotness for being gigantic and muscle-y; +50 million hotness for being scottish (duh); -10 hotness for bad hair. And his hair just looks like he needs a shampoo, but we know that the hound is too fierce for shampoo b/c he bathes in 100% pure manliness and don't need that shit.

To, uh, return to the point of the thread... Agreed that I doubt she has that cloak. LF threw together a chest of clothes for her; it's the first of many ways that he's created a situation where she is completely and utterly dependent on him for everything, including the clothes on her back. She doesn't seem to have that token item of herself like Arya does (Needle), so she's relying on an inner sense of independence and her memories, some of which she of course invents!

That line in FfC when she thinks to herself "he took a kiss and a song and left me nothing but a bloody cloak"? That's an interesting moment: it almost seems to me like he's become yet another epic fail at her notion of The Hero (even though half of that story is her own invented memory). So that line always read to me something along the lines of the jaded girl who fell for the frat-boy's pick up lines and is now like "bitch don't even text me anymore." But regardless, the cloak symbolism is now one of disillusionment. She's growing up.

Oh, and lastly. Yes, show-Renly. Just, no. Renly's supposed to have leading-man looks and serious charisma. FAIL.

I had a pretty boy phase too. Not so much anymore. I only brought up Orlando Bloom because on the scale of pretty boys, or leading boys this casting of Loras seems off to me. Like he just isn't Robert Pattenson enough. Like if I was 12 I might go... Meh.

Littlespider you might be rightabout the curly hair. It might be why I hate Loras.

OMG georgie b! I LOVE Henry Cavill!! I didn't think I could have loved tv GOT any more, but if they had been able to get Cavill as Renly... :drool:

As for pretty boys, younger girls seem to like the"prettier" boys, and as we mature (and learn...) we like the more "manly" men. I do think HBO missed the mark on Loras.

When LOTR was in the theaters, one of my students was telling me how much she loved Legolas. When she asked me who I thought was cute, I answered, "Aragorn." She said, "Ewww, he's dirty!" And I thought to myself, "Mmmm hmmmm..."

Long live HFG!!!

I never thought of Henry Cavill for Renly but how perfect!!

I think Sansa relationship with Sando show that. How you girls want the clean cut pretty white night

As women the girls grow up to want the dirty, ruff grity man

Generalizations of corse not everyone is the same.

SS and HFG forevs

Archived