Mafia 54: Return of the Cannibal

Shadowbaby

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1428949' date='Jul 6 2008, 00.12']Whitehill became very active again, suggesting us to lynch on statistical reasons instead of suspicions. He says statistics is proof also, which is actually wrong.[/quote]

If you can't understand my argument based on possible partners, then I'm not sure what else I can say. You're hopeless.

[quote]All fits.[/quote]

[b]Myatt[/b]

Now what?

Figure I might as well vote for him. Nobody wants to lynch Strong, Grandison, or Tyrell, so that leaves me with 3 people who I don't want to lynch as options - Myatt, Brax, Templeton. Of those, Myatt has the most potential tier 2 partners. So I'm willing to compromise and vote for him. He's at least a better choice than the other 2.

I think it's very obvious that I wouldn't do that if he was my partner. I could easily choose to vote for Templeton or Brax instead right now.

All that said, I think you people are being insane for not wanting to lynch one of Strong, Grandison, or Tyrell.

[quote name='House Whitehill' post='1428959' date='Jul 6 2008, 00.36']If you can't understand my argument based on possible partners, then I'm not sure what else I can say. You're hopeless.[/quote]
I understand your argument and agree it's valid, but, still, statistics isn't proof.
[quote]I think it's very obvious that I wouldn't do that if he was my partner.[/quote]It's WIFOM. If he is your partner, you would look bad if he would be lynched without your vote, which was rather probable.

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1428966' date='Jul 6 2008, 00.48']It's WIFOM. If he is your partner, you would look bad if he would be lynched without your vote, which was rather probable.[/quote]

No, its not.

ETA - Removed the rest of the stuff. I had the vote count wrong.

It is day 4.

7 players remain: Brax, Grandison, Myatt, Strong, Templeton, Tyrell, Whitehill.

4 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

4 votes for Myatt (Templeton, Strong, Grandison, Whitehill)
1 vote for Brax (Myatt)

2 players have not voted: Brax, Tyrell.

House Myatt has been Lynched and is dead. You all feast on Raosted Lamb, before going to sleep.
SPOILER:
Myatt is not the SK so no CF for you

It is Night, Please send in your PM's.

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1428978' date='Jul 6 2008, 01.10']Anyway, it's close to impossible that we both will live through the night.
So, if you want some more discussion, let's do it now.[/quote]

What's there to discuss? I would have never voted for my partner in that situation. It would have been pointless, and counterproductive this close to the endgame. If I felt I had to change my vote, I would have opted for the case against you or the one against Brax.

[quote name='House Whitehill' post='1428982' date='Jul 6 2008, 01.14']What's there to discuss? I would have never voted for my partner in that situation.[/quote]I would, if I was in your place and guilty.
And if I was in your place and innocent, I won't defend from Templeton's accusations. Why to bother if there is no immediate threat of being lynched and God knows what might happen on the night?

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1428988' date='Jul 6 2008, 01.24']I would, if I was in your place and guilty.
And if I was in your place and innocent, I won't defend from Templeton's accusations. Why to bother if there is no immediate threat of being lynched and God knows what might happen on the night?[/quote]

I don't think there's ever been any indication that you and I play a similar style of game. :rolleyes:

Anyway, if its not clear, I defend against pretty much everything. Probably even more so when I'm innocent than evil. Illogical thinking offends my sensibilities, and I can't bring myself to let it stand without some sort of response.

EDITED to better comply with the alt rules.

I must say I'm quite convinced all the evil guys were on that Myatt lynch. That last vote by Whitehill without bothering to push his other suspects in the slightest and without bothering to wait to see if either me or Brax would be willing to support his alternative lynch proposals which he thought were all better than Myatt reeks of opportunism and of evil strategy.

I'm not sure if it looks like FM or SK. That last interaction with Strong could possibly be a distancing charade if they're partnered.

I have lots of time today, so I'm going to continue with my reading. If I die in the morning and the game doesn't end I really hope you heed what I'm saying.

Huh.. I go to bed drunk, wake up and the day is already over? What's the rush? At least you should be thankfull I was fairly rational last night. Last game I played I ended up embarassingly drunk and told everyone in thread (in as much as one could understand anything I wrote) that I knew that xxx was evil and that we should all vote for him -which I did. XXX was my FM partner :P...

.. bah, I started writing up my suspects and all when I realised it was night still..

[quote name='House Tyrell' post='1429040' date='Jul 6 2008, 04.46']I must say I'm quite convinced all the evil guys were on that Myatt lynch. That last vote by Whitehill without bothering to push his other suspects in the slightest and without bothering to wait to see if either me or Brax would be willing to support his alternative lynch proposals which he thought were all better than Myatt reeks of opportunism and of evil strategy.[/quote]Whitehill said he miscounted votes and I tend to believe him regardless of if he is guilty or not. It would be silly to end the day deliberately, in both cases.

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1429048' date='Jul 6 2008, 05.15']Whitehill said he miscounted votes and I tend to believe him regardless of if he is guilty or not. It would be silly to end the day deliberately, in both cases.[/quote]

It's also silly to cast a vote for a lynch you say you think is less than optimal in such a crucial day (knowing if you're voting for the wrong person the bad guys can just use your misplaced vote to lynch him).

Whitehill says he thought the case against Myatt was the only one with any chance of going through, but I hadn't even had my say in the day yet, and Brax hadn't voted (he might have voted for Grandison in retaliation if Whitehill was thinking of making a case against him). Myatt could probably be swayed to vote for anyone other than himself if it came to that (and I think Whitehill said he preferred a Brax lynch to a Myatt lynch). Note that the statement that the Myatt lynch was a foregone conclusion is specially silly if you think there are only 2 people voting for Myatt and 5 people aren't.

[quote name='House Tyrell' post='1429053' date='Jul 6 2008, 05.28']It's also silly to cast a vote for a lynch you say you think is less than optimal in such a crucial day (knowing if you're voting for the wrong person the bad guys can just use your misplaced vote to lynch him).[/quote]Yeah. He was too bothered with proving he wasn't partnered with Myatt (which might be because in fact he was).

By the way, why you expect to be killed?

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1429080' date='Jul 6 2008, 07.28']Why not?

...I wonder whom we are waiting for. Did Grandy forget to send a provisional?[/quote]

I don't think he was guilty...he was my last choice as a lynch today.

Whitey didn't think him the most likely choice either, yet still lynched him. That worries me.

I'm heading into work, but will be on when I get there.

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1429075' date='Jul 6 2008, 06.07']Yeah. He was too bothered with proving he wasn't partnered with Myatt (which might be because in fact he was).[/quote]

Maybe.

[quote]By the way, why you expect to be killed?[/quote]

I said "if" I die, but the main reason I think I might is that there really aren't that many of us left to target.

Archived