AGOT Mafia 55

House Targaryen

[quote name='Idomeneus' post='1449121' date='Jul 21 2008, 09.05']Well nobody is saying he's the only killer, so I don't know why you're saying that. He has every chance of being a killer that anyone else, including you and me, has. And people haven't really been that talkative lately. You and Neoptolemus just showed up, so it may get more thrilling, but I'm probably going to be busy for the next few hours.

I would love nothing better than for him to show up. We can forget all about this, and go find some other sap who did nothing wrong.[/quote]
Sorry, I was kinda straw manning on that one. But the premise still stands, it's unlikely he's a killer (just as unlikley as any of us), there's nothing at all in his posts that suggest he might possibly be the killer (yeah, I know, I have a bad sense of humor). Personally, I'd ratehr risk the chance that our Gods may find another mortal to play with, then just completely waste the day one lynch.

[quote name='Ajax the Lesser' post='1449129' date='Jul 21 2008, 12.11']Sorry, I was kinda straw manning on that one. But the premise still stands, it's unlikely he's a killer (just as unlikley as any of us), there's nothing at all in his posts that suggest he might possibly be the killer (yeah, I know, I have a bad sense of humor). Personally, I'd ratehr risk the chance that our Gods may find another mortal to play with, then just completely waste the day one lynch.[/quote]
A) I highly doubt a replacement will be available. Say what you will, I expect midkills.

B) "Waste a Day 1 lynch" is kind of repetetive don't you think? No matter who Diomedes chooses to kill, the evidence will be flimsy and insubstancial.

[size=1][i]dice.....dice......dice......[/i][/size]

[quote name='Achilleus' post='1449128' date='Jul 21 2008, 09.11']And 18 minutes is long enough for a “tumbleweed” post?[/quote]

Well, the half-hour or so before that had been quite active, though I agree that there are usually far longer breaks without speech and ice-breaking comments.

Re: Teucer,

I would rather we (Diomedes!) killed someone genuinely suspicious rather than someone who simply doesn't show up, but since it's only day 1, and a quiet day 1 at that, it may be hard to do so.

If Teucer was going to be replaced by someone very active, then I'd say we shouldn't kill Teucer today.

If Teucer is gonna die in a modkill anyway, with no replacement, there's no real point in killing him then, except to use the power.

There's the argument that if we take someone else out and Teucer dies anyway we could lose two innocents. But that's not guaranteed. Teucer could be a killer. If we take someone else out, they could be a killer.

Teucer's pretty much guaranteed to die anyway unless they show up in, what, two hours? Less?

Kill 'em when we get to 15-30mins left, otherwise don't bother, is what I say.

[quote name='Neoptolemus' post='1449148' date='Jul 21 2008, 12.29']Well, the half-hour or so before that had been quite active, though I agree that there are usually far longer breaks without speech and ice-breaking comments.

Re: Teucer,

I would rather we (Diomedes!) killed someone genuinely suspicious rather than someone who simply doesn't show up, but since it's only day 1, and a quiet day 1 at that, it may be hard to do so.

If Teucer was going to be replaced by someone very active, then I'd say we shouldn't kill Teucer today.

[b]If Teucer is gonna die in a modkill anyway, with no replacement, there's no real point in killing him then, except to use the power. [/b]

There's the argument that if we take someone else out and Teucer dies anyway we could lose two innocents. But that's not guaranteed. Teucer could be a killer. If we take someone else out, they could be a killer.

Teucer's pretty much guaranteed to die anyway unless they show up in, what, two hours? Less?

Kill 'em when we get to 15-30mins left, otherwise don't bother, is what I say.[/quote]

the point is we don't risk losing 2 innocents on day one when the numbers are already low. it buys us a little more time.

and you seem to contridict yourself here...the highlighted part is the opposite of your last sentense.

[quote name='Achilleus' post='1449161' date='Jul 21 2008, 09.38']and you seem to contridict yourself here...the highlighted part is the opposite of your last sentense.[/quote]

It's not really contradictory. If Teucer's gonna die, it is pointless to kill them anyway, except to use the power. As the general consensus is to use it, then wait until last possible moment to do so. Teucer might even show up very very late, though it's ever so unlikely.

And after all, it's always nice to beat the gods to it, isn't it :P

[quote name='Agamemnon' post='1449122' date='Jul 21 2008, 11.05']I remain confused as to why people keep talking about lynching other players. There is no lynching in this game. There is only the King choosing who will die. We can all agree that a certain person should die. We could all even type his name and underline it. But in the end, the King could decide it's in his best interest to kill the person leading the charge or someone who didn't "vote" or someone who waited to vote, etc.

I guess my point is, these are not normal circumstances we're in so I'm not sure why some people are pretending that its business as usual.[/quote]

Lynch simply refers to the day-kill, regardless of monarchy or democracy. The King might attempt to interrogate players or something of the sort, but otherwise he'll probably defer to the mob and whatever seems to be the most popular case of the day.

I'm not going to kill Teucer. A modkill is like a free die-rolled lynch, and I'm not wasting that. Every lynch and kill that's decided by people who are NOT evil is good for the innocents.

Now, that being said, I would appreciate more votes and input. Also, if the Kingmaker is someone other than Teucer, I think it's best they reveal now so I don't kill them by accident. There's no reason for the FM to kill the Kingmaker, since a new one would just be appointed from the pool of innocents, so we shouldn't have to worry about the KM being nightkilled.

[quote name='Diomedes' post='1449172' date='Jul 21 2008, 11.44']Now, that being said, I would appreciate more votes and input. Also, if the Kingmaker is someone other than Teucer, I think it's best they reveal now so I don't kill them by accident. There's no reason for the FM to kill the Kingmaker, since a new one would just be appointed from the pool of innocents, so we shouldn't have to worry about the KM being nightkilled.[/quote]

Well, the Kingmaker is a CI... and he's sure not to be elected as King (and thus healed), so I'd say he wouldn't make a bad choice for a nightkill myself. To boot, it's also a rather uninformative kill.

[quote name='Diomedes' post='1449172' date='Jul 21 2008, 12.44']I'm not going to kill Teucer. A modkill is like a free die-rolled lynch, and I'm not wasting that. Every lynch and kill that's decided by people who are NOT evil is good for the innocents.

Now, that being said, I would appreciate more votes and input. Also, if the Kingmaker is someone other than Teucer, I think it's best they reveal now so I don't kill them by accident. There's no reason for the FM to kill the Kingmaker, since a new one would just be appointed from the pool of innocents, so we shouldn't have to worry about the KM being nightkilled.[/quote]

Then kill me cause the innocents will lose before by day 3 anyway.

When we have 20 players, of hell, even 15 a mod kill doesn't really hurt the innocents, but when our numbers are this low, IT DOES!.

Don't just throw the game away. If we end up with 2 innocent kills today we will most assuredly lose this game.

I still think Teucer would be the best choice, but that is obviously thrown out of the books.

The question now remains: what to judge on? Who has been suspicious enough to kill with so little information to go by? Menelaus with his "symp clue" that only seemed like a symp clue to one or two people. Achilleus who was the target of the so-called symp clue?

Phil, who has come across as quite bloodthirsty. First with his repeated attempts to make the alleged symp clue a fact and than immediately jumping on the "kill Teucer" bandwagon?

Ajax the Greater, who has posted a bunch of silliness, which can be construed as getting his name out as a poster without posting anything of significance?

Idomeneus, who is pushing so hard for the random kill that is 3 to 4 times more likely to kill an innocent than a FM?

What do we, or Diomedes, base this vote on?

[quote name='Agamemnon' post='1449197' date='Jul 21 2008, 11.55']I still think Teucer would be the best choice, but that is obviously thrown out of the books.

The question now remains: what to judge on? Who has been suspicious enough to kill with so little information to go by? Menelaus with his "symp clue" that only seemed like a symp clue to one or two people. Achilleus who was the target of the so-called symp clue?

Phil, who has come across as quite bloodthirsty. First with his repeated attempts to make the alleged symp clue a fact and than immediately jumping on the "kill Teucer" bandwagon?

Ajax the Greater, who has posted a bunch of silliness, which can be construed as getting his name out as a poster without posting anything of significance?

Idomeneus, who is pushing so hard for the random kill that is 3 to 4 times more likely to kill an innocent than a FM?

What do we, or Diomedes, base this vote on?[/quote]

Day ones will be day ones, but people should still vote! Even the silly votes that are thrown around at the beginning can help. Vote for your gut, for the best "case", for night, for a die roll, for the lowest poster, for whoever, but people should take voting more seriously even if this is a Kingmaker game. Votes are very useful to catch bad guys: lynch mobs, voting patterns, vote-hopping, jumping on the lynch train... all of this disappears without votes. The fact that it's day one shouldn't be more of a problem than it has been in any previous mafia game (though I'll concede this has been a pretty lame and inactive day, even for day one standards).

[quote name='Achilleus' post='1449093' date='Jul 21 2008, 08.43']I took a look at Patroclus. I was trying to figure out about his reaction to his misunderstanding Phil when he said an FM wouldn’t be replaced. Taken in context, I had no problems knowing what Phil meant. I wasn’t sure if it was a language issue or if he was suddenly worried.

Looking over his posts, I am still not sure, but in addition to the rp, he has some very odd posts that make no sense at all.[/quote]

This is not a defense of Patroclus, but it may aid your reading of Patroclus' difficult-to-understand posts to watch Battlestar Galactica. A brief explanation: Most of human civilization was wiped out by a bunch of robots called Cylons, also called Toasters by the survivors. The survivors have been infiltrated by models of the robots who look exactly like humans, but who are working to wipe out humanity completely. There was a BSG minigame a long time ago, and I suspect Patroclus is referencing the show.

But I otherwise agree that his behavior is suspicious. I will think on it.

Ok, here's my suspect list--granted, it's half the people in the game, but there are also many who I don't suspect for one reaosn or another.

Give me your opinions on these people:

Achilleus
Idomeneus
Patroclus
Ajax the Lesser
Ajax the Greater- included because he's made virtually no contribution so far

Achillies, Apears to be a logical player. And someone who could be of help to us Innocents provided he himslef is innocent. Likewise he could be dangerous if evil. As far as I am aware the only point against him is my "symp clue" - which I know was just a bit of RP with someone who had shown up before I had to leave the thread.

Ido, Is Playing a dangerous game. Ido knew the random dice for a kill would cause him some problems and not make any friends. IMO FM rarely take this option, if they can avoid it. If he is evil then its a WIFOM game. I would place him on the more likely innocent side because of this. (I don't agree with his theroy however)

Pat and Lesser and Greater will come back to in a moment (although I am not gonna have a go at anyone for being a low poster - pot and kettle spring to my mind)

I'd rank Achilles and Idomeneus as the worst kills, they both seem pretty sincere to me (even if I really don't agree much with either of them).

Big Ajax and Patroclus I don't like, they post little, and what they post lacks substance, I'm also suspicious of Patroclus for the initial vote on the man who wasn't there. I still think it's an easy cop-out. Patroclus didn't actually try to rationalize it all unlike Achilles and Philoctetes (though the jury's still out on whether that's good or bad :unsure: ).

Little Ajax I don't really like much either. His style is conveniently wishy-washy, and hence suspicious. He has a vote on Big Ajax for which he doesn't give much of a reason. Could be self preservation? :P

I really hope I get lynched for referencing BSG, that'd be worthy of the wiki.

Seriously, what suspicious have I done? I honestly never realized what "The FM can't be replaced" meant, though it was late here (and why I had to leave, which apparently is suspicious).

[quote name='Patroclus' post='1449416' date='Jul 21 2008, 15.12']I really hope I get lynched for referencing BSG, that'd be worthy of the wiki.

Seriously, what suspicious have I done? I honestly never realized what "The FM can't be replaced" meant, though it was late here (and why I had to leave, which apparently is suspicious).[/quote]

I have never watched BSG (at least not the current one) so I had no idea what you were talking about. When someone makes odd comments it is weird and/or odd...which were the things I called your posts. I also said I didn't think you a likely FM.

[quote name='Achilleus' post='1449427' date='Jul 21 2008, 15.21']I have never watched BSG (at least not the current one) so I had no idea what you were talking about. When someone makes odd comments it is weird and/or odd...which were the things I called your posts. I also said I didn't think you a likely FM.[/quote]

An odd comment and everyone loses their cool. You could tell them you're the FM and kill someone and they wouldn't care, it's what's expected, but mention Crete once, upset the established order and everyone goes crazy!

Archived