MAFIA 58

Ser Spidey

[quote name='House Botley' post='1567950' date='Oct 26 2008, 17.44']So, staying [b]suspicious, staying under radar [/b]and making on-committal post is always [b]a good combination [/b]to keep yourself alive for a while.[/quote]

don't you feel these are rather contradictory?

[quote name='House Harlaw' post='1567957' date='Oct 26 2008, 15.56']don't you feel these are rather contradictory?[/quote]

No?

Staying under radar always prevents you from getting PI. If you are not PI you are suspicious. What helps you is the fact that the others are even [i]more [/i]suspicious because the focus is on them.

Auto Vote counter not working, Hopefully I have not made any mistakes.

It is day 1.

10 players remain: Botley, Farwynd, Goodbrother, Harlaw, Kenning, Merlyn, Myre, Orkwood, Saltcliffe, Volmark.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

3 votes for Merlyn ( Farwynd, Goodbrother, Orkwood)
1 vote for Farwynd ( Botley)
1 vote for Saltcliffe ( Myre)
1 vote for Orkwood (Merlyn )
1 vote for Myre ( Volmark
1 vote for Harlaw ( Kenning )
1 vote for Goodbrother (Salty)

1 players have not voted: Harlaw

erm I'm going to bed in a few mins, and I don't think spider is arround.

Your may have to wait till euro morning to get results from any lynch and the new morning.
But don't forget to send in your PM's. (you could do if Lynched person is innocent kill xxx. If guilty kill YYYYY )

[quote name='House Botley' post='1567966' date='Oct 26 2008, 18.05']No?

Staying under radar always prevents you from getting PI. If you are not PI you are suspicious. What helps you is the fact that the others are even [i]more [/i]suspicious because the focus is on them.[/quote]

There are always players who are not PI who are not acting suspicious.

I read your post as not simply being not PI, but actively being a little suspicious. Very different from what you are saying now.

Unfortunately, there really isn't time to look at this further today, but tomorrow you'll top my list.

[b]Merlyn[/b] to get the lynch.

t is day 1.

10 players remain: Botley, Farwynd, Goodbrother, Harlaw, Kenning, Merlyn, Myre, Orkwood, Saltcliffe, Volmark.

45 votes for Merlyn ( Farwynd, Goodbrother, Orkwood, Myre[b]Harlaw[/b]))

1 vote for Orkwood (Merlyn ,
1 vote for Myre ( Volmark
1 vote for Harlaw ( Kenning )
1 vote for Goodbrother (Salty)

1 players have not voted:

yeah and my internet crashed before I could edit.

BTW can you predict when I'm gonna count the votes and refrian durring those 5 mins ;) Anyone who fails should send me a cookie.

edit pritty please

[quote name='House Botley' post='1567950' date='Oct 26 2008, 17.44']This answer is no defense, but a deflection of suspicion. It seems that you have forgotten that both SK have to survive until the end of the game. Sticking your head out on day 1 already is the first step towards the grave.

So, staying suspicious, staying under radar and making on-committal post is always a good combination to keep yourself alive for a while.[/quote]
No defense? Well of course not I didn't put [DEFENSE] tags around what I said because it wasn't a defense. I am trying to figure out if you are trying to blend different behavior of evils by accident or if you are just spouting out whatever you think might be evil because it fits the behavior of a few players. "Sticking your head out on day 1 already is the first step toward the grave"? Seriously man? Hyperbole just does not cut it. Generally, being PIed on day 1 sticks pretty well, even if someone drops off the radar a bit in subsequent days. Neither SK have any fear of death tonight, so your theory is a load. Truth is, it depends on the player. Some people will be happy to stay in the forefront and control the game while they are evil, some don't. There isn't any behavior on Day 1 that consistently points to guilt. Later on in the game, there are some things we can perhaps look at, at this point though, there simply isn't and your assertion that it exists is completely wrong and absurd.

I am going to keep my vote on Merlyn for now so that we have a chance at a lynch because Botley would have to be my top suspect at this point.

I'm afraid Merlyn is the only option at this point.

From what they said, Goodbrother, Merlyn, Volmark and Kenning won't be back. Orkwood has not posted for a while and given his previous posting times it's likely he won't be around to change his vote.
No idea where Saltcliffe is.
Leaves me, Botley, Harlaw, and Farwynd. Even if we team up, it's not enough. And I don't have any reasons not to vote for Motley.

So yeah, my vote stays. And I'm going.

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1567842' date='Oct 26 2008, 15.38']:stunned: An OMGUS mixed with "gut"?

Seriously. You've spent all day silent, then you come in with the amazing insight that I make sense, talk a lot, but give you a gut ache?

Wow. Seriously, wow. I'm not sure i've ever been left so speechless before. I talk a lot and make a lot of sense... So have... to... go?

Please. Break it down for me.

If your gut really screams that the green erection is guilty, please! At least track down what it is that makes you think that?[/quote]

Ok, basically i'm sorry everyone i've only been able to spend about half an hour on this game so far, which is nowhere near enough, and my orkwood vote was the best i could come up with. Yeh i know intestinal voting is bad, but i honestly didn't have time for anything better. I have time now (well i'm sposed to be working but never mind), so if you rfrain from killing me for a little while i'll go back and see what i think about everyone and then you can kill me.

[quote name='House Blackfyre' post='1567970' date='Oct 26 2008, 18.12']t is day 1.
45 votes for Merlyn[/quote]

Good grief. Do the mods have it in for me or something?

[quote name='House Myre' post='1567976' date='Oct 26 2008, 17.17']I'm afraid Merlyn is the only option at this point.

From what they said, Goodbrother, Merlyn, Volmark and Kenning won't be back. Orkwood has not posted for a while and given his previous posting times it's likely he won't be around to change his vote.
No idea where Saltcliffe is.
Leaves me, Botley, Harlaw, and Farwynd. Even if we team up, it's not enough. And I don't have any reasons not to vote for Motley.

So yeah, my vote stays. And I'm going.[/quote]

I will be around for another half hour at least. Maybe a tad longer.

I'll only be half here though.

@Botley: I kind of was hoping to try and help move the game along, but my internet connectoin keeps bugging out on me.

[b]Remove vote[/b]

With regards to who people want to who people want to vote off atm.

Farwynd - One post of decent content! That I see anyway and whole lot of joking around, not productive, but does not really give off SK vibes.

Saltcliffe - In retrospect responding to Myre as I did, was probably not the best idea, but hell I was drunk and it was 1 in the morning, I wanted to have a little fun. But I would be willing to vote here.

Volmark - seems to just really dislike Myre and for reasons I do not fully agree with/understand. Only thing I get here is that he wants myre dead, a sperm whale for his avi and has issues with GoodBrother.

Myre - Yes is a tad bit aggressive and vocal, not the typical MO for someone playing an SK. If he is, I am impressed.

Orkwood - I can not really get a read on, his posts are a combination of day 1 playing around and content posts.

Merlyn - Who the hell is Merlyn? Non existant till now.

Harlaw - Got here lateish, but is making up for it, has taken some flak for the wording of one of his posts. Has some content.

Kenning - Got here late, did a drive by vote. Not a lot of content. Seems a little suspicious to me, enough to vote for on day 1.

It is day 1.

4 votes for Merlyn ( Farwynd, Goodbrother, Myre, Harlaw)
1 vote for Harlaw ( Kenning)
1 vote for Myre ( Volmark)
1 vote for Orkwood ( Merlyn)

2 players have not voted: Orkwood, Saltcliffe.

Spidey-mod is going to sleep. You get your results tommorow Euro morning, ok?

Day ending is 2 hours later than Blacky's sig says, and night lasts for 8 hours after the day ends. As simple as that.

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1567985' date='Oct 26 2008, 17.24'][b]Remove Vote[/b]

You half half an hour or so to convince me.[/quote]

Maybe you should read Farwynd's contribution so far.

Hint: it started when he got suspected.

As many others have already pointed out, we won't get a perfect case on day 1, but we have some indicators that might help us to sort some players out:

1) Players which have been busy:

Harlaw, Myre, Orkwood, Botley

2) Under radar players:

Saltcliffe, Farwynd, Volmark

3) Players that have an obvious lack of participation:

Merlyn, Kenning

Goodbrother is not on my list, since I don't suspect him at all.

Ok, why voting for Farwynd?

1) He has done nothing to develop suspicions.

2) He has only voted Merlyn, claiming it was a joke. His vote is still on Merlyn, and as far as I remember he never suspected anyone else.

3) Is over-defensive. I don't think that an innocent player would panic like him only because of one vote. It's pretty obvious that he is afraid.

4) He has been under radar.

5) He tries to defend himself by pointing out possible holes in my theory. He says however that he isn't defending himself, but that he truly thinks that SK that try to avoid being NKed and lynched belong to the realm of fantasy. Fact is, that this is the very thing that an SK does, almost every time. Since we have two SK, it is likely that one of them has done exeactly what I was describing. Farwynd or Saltcliffe, perhaps Volmark or you, Orkwood.

6) In comparison with Merlyn, he looks less genuine. Merlyn did not even try to shift the suspcion on another lynchable player, so if he is an SK, he has nerves of steel. I think lynching him is a huge mistake.

Finally another thought: from my POV it is rather unlikely that Merlyn is one of the SK, so I guess that one or both of the SK also came to that conclusion by now. If the two SK are clever, they try not to lynch an SK today, so lynching Merlyn makes a lot of sense for them. My bet would be that at least one of them is already sitting on the Merlyn mob.

Goodbrother – siad hasn’t received role after mods said RI’s would not get role – disquieting. Votes for drum for no reason and then me for being rubbish – keeps it there till now. Assessment – not suspicious

Orkwood – talks a lot, makes a lot of sense, but my gut says fishy

Volmark – one substantial post, which is one more than me I know – basically hasn’t done anything to make me be suspicious or the opposite

Farwynd – just jokes really so far

Saltcliffe – accuses goodbrother and volmark of being too-RI-to-be-RI in his first post. A bit…odd in his style, but to me at least sounds pretty genuine. Is voting goodbrother, who I don’t find suspicious, but not for stupid reasons.

Botley – interesting. Initiated the whole CI/PI Goodbrother PM scandal. Then CI’d Goodbrother for no particular reason, which struck me as quite a bizarre move. Actually on reconsideration, I see Botley’s reasoning and it makes sense. Quite a jocular style and generally convincing, but there is a thought in my mind that Botley could be a skilful baddie

Harlaw – I have no read at all. Strange. But I think an SK would at least be some kind of character, even if they were good and made themselves seem unsuspicious. So this is a point in harlaw’s favour. But really, I’ve got nothing.

Myre – I think Myre is trying too hard. He initially votes for Saltcliffe, because Saltcliffe had suspected the two main talkers and said that was safe, but I’m not so sure. Basically, this case doesn’t seem like it is genuine to me. Then backtracks when questioned. All of this is fair enough, and not massively suspicious, but it doesn’t fill me with confidence either (yeh yeh middle of the road). But this has all been gone through in thread, I don’t have any original thoughts, and I am satisfied with Myre’s explanations

Kenning – votes for Harlaw with little justification and doesn’t say anything much else. Would an SK do this? It’s all WIFOM I guess.

Ok, my suspiciousness list:

Orkwood,
Volmark,
Farwynd,
Myre,
Kenning,
Botley,
Harlaw,
Goodbrother,
Saltcliffe

I have proven to be rubbish at these lists in the past, but you might find it helpful anyway. I’ll try to make my suspicion of Orkwood more coherent in my next post.

[b]Merlyn[/b] has to go back onto my vote, seeing as I have to go. I was hoping Merlyn would convince me otherwise, show he had some value.

Botley, I appreciate the case on farwynd. I'm not totally convinced, but I could consider hopping over if it wasn't for the fact that doing so would increase the chances of no lynch. Depending on the night's action, I will happily support an early case on far tomorrow.

Archived