Actors from other HBO Shows

Oorag

I've noticed a fair degree of cast cross-over between HBO shows. The Wire, Deadwood, True Blood, and Generation Kill all seem to share a few actors with other shows. Off the top of my head, Rome seems to be an exception, but there's no reason ASOIAF couldn't include them on the trend. So I suggest thinking about actors you like from other HBO shows. Most of them who haven't gone on to bigger things, like Ian McShane, are probably still open to doing another TV series and already have some history working with HBO.

Well, I've got a handful cast cross-over ideas, I just couldn't pick a role for some of them.

Garret Dillahunt (Deadwood, John from Cincinnati)
Paul Ben-Victor (Wire, JfC)
William Sanderson (Deadwood, True Blood)
Chris Bauer (Wire, True Blood)
Dayton Callie (Deadwood, JfC - okay, virtually everyone from Deadwood:)
Zeljko Ivanek (Oz, True Blood - okay Oz was a long time ago, but he's terrific)
Tim DeKay (Carnivále, Tell Me You Love Me)
Lee Tergesen (Oz, Generation Kill)

I think Garret Dillahunt might pull of an interesting Jaquen H'ghar (however, in my mind the role is already taken by Callum Keith Rennie), and William Sanderson with his sly - and hilariously funny - style would be an excellent choice for Qyburn (in which case, of course, the dark side of his performance would be dominant). As for the others, I have no idea.

[quote]Alexander Skarsgård (Generation Kill and True Blood) - I can see him as Jaime[/quote]

I'd love to see him in the series, but with at least a second season of True Blood already ordered up I don't think he'll be able to. The Rhaegar guest spot maybe?

Archived