Mafia 60.5 Wild Cards by GRRM.

Lannister Guard

It is day 1.

12 players remain: Eight of Spades, Five of Clubs, Four of Spades, Jack of Diamonds, King of Clubs, Nine of Clubs, Queen of Spades, Seven of Diamonds, Six of Hearts, Ten of Hearts, Three of Diamonds, Two of Hearts.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

6 votes for Queen of Spades (Seven of Diamonds, Six of Hearts, Four of Spades, Jack of Diamonds, Five of Clubs, mystery vote)
2 votes for King of Clubs (Three of Diamonds, Eight of Spades)
2 votes for Nine of Clubs (King of Clubs, Two of Hearts)
1 vote for Seven of Diamonds (Nine of Clubs)
1 vote for Six of Hearts (Queen of Spades)

1 players have not voted: Ten of Hearts.

4 - that was plenty elaboration if that's all you want to type. Thanks. I was just curious about the path you followed behind the posts.

7 and 8 - I also wondered about the FM team not making a big effort to deflect attention from Queen. It's not enough to make me change my vote for Queen though. They simply might not have an easy way to deflect attention. King's tilt at the low posters could very well be an attempt at such a deflection, especially in conjunction with this day lengthening. It wasn't a very spirited attempt though, if that's what it was, but perhaps too much spirit would be immediate suspicious.

I don't see why a one-time power to change the day length would be expended on the first day with little at stake, even if King does have something keeping him tied up IRL for a few hours. It would be slightly more plausible for a recurring power.

[quote name='Seven of Diamonds' post='1631569' date='Dec 27 2008, 21.45']OK... day lengthening, mystery votes. No one said it would be vanilla.

Does someone who is a little more current on the past few game than I am have any comment on whether mystery votes usually come from team evil or team good?[/quote]
I've never played in a game with a mystery voter on this site. On another site, I've seen it used both by evil and innocent factions.

Rereading Four:

13 posts:

2 joke posts

Post 3: votes Queen for not being committed enough to his case
Post 4: complains to King that picking on the lowest poster is too easy
Post 5: replies to King’s question about seven by saying that he has generally positive felings about seven
Post 6 : complains that he couldn’t do much because there wasn’t many people around
Post 7: makes some interesting comments about some players
Rest of the posts seem fairly reasonable and normal.

So in conclusion I don’t find Four suspicious at all –well, I mean, I’m hardly going to PI him after one day, but nothing he has done strikes me as suspicious so far.

This mystery vote is very interesting. I suppose that our best guess is that someone has the ability to cast two votes, but do we think that both votes have to be on the same person or not? And there's a possibility that it could just be a random thing. I doubt its a coincidence that the mystery vote is on the top lynch target. Obviously if whoever wields the mystery vote spoke up, that would help, but if you are innocent, then don't, obviously.

So we have mystery votes? I mean, what is this? Should it not be pretty easy to find out who placed the vote, or does the person have another vote aswell?

Looking back at [b]King[/b], he seems to be a bit indecisive in his actions, and that's never a good sign. My case on 7 doesn't have any real value atm, but I'll still hold a small suspicion. But atm, King or Queen does seem the best option, and I think I'll favour King.

[quote]sorry, it is a mystery vote.[/quote]

Oh, these [i]are[/i] some interesting roles. This will be a fun game.

I do think the role reveal makes King look less guilty.

[quote]So we have mystery votes? I mean, what is this? Should it not be pretty easy to find out who placed the vote, or does the person have another vote aswell?[/quote]

If it wasn't an extra vote, then 4, 5, 6, 7, and Jack are cleared of the mystery vote.

Hi there I am finally back. :)

Yep, 'twas me who extended the day. The reason was that I knew that I wouldn't be able to return before the day ended. And since some people here stated that they didn't like King too much, I thought I'd be better around when the day would end. Certainly a selfish reason, man.

My power has been a one-time power, that is.

Ok, now that I'm back, I'd like to know why we are still lynching Queen, and why we would get more informations by lynching an active player. That doesn't make sense at all in a non-CF game, comprende? I'd still like to lynch someone like 9 or 2 who have contributed nothing.

I still don't see the case on Queen. Could someone repeat it for me?

Now, I'm off for dinner and then I will take a hot bath. Expect me back in one hour.

[quote name='King_of_Clubs' post='1631594' date='Dec 27 2008, 17.11']Yep, 'twas me who extended the day. The reason was that I knew that I wouldn't be able to return before the day ended. And since some people here stated that they didn't like King too much, I thought I'd be better around when the day would end. Certainly a selfish reason, man.
My power has been a one-time power, that is.[/quote]

:stunned: so you used up a potentially very useful power up today, for entirely selfish reasons, despite the fact that the lynch was unlikely to change and so you were likely to be safe anyway.

And we are told that there is no mod CF, my suspicion is that there may well be a player CF out there. Almost certainly we will have some kind of finder.

[quote name='King_of_Clubs' post='1631594' date='Dec 27 2008, 17.11']Hi there I am finally back. :)

Yep, 'twas me who extended the day. The reason was that I knew that I wouldn't be able to return before the day ended. And since some people here stated that they didn't like King too much, I thought I'd be better around when the day would end. Certainly a selfish reason, man.

My power has been a one-time power, that is.

Ok, now that I'm back, I'd like to know why we are still lynching Queen, and why we would get more informations by lynching an active player. That doesn't make sense at all in a non-CF game, comprende? I'd still like to lynch someone like 9 or 2 who have contributed nothing.

I still don't see the case on Queen. Could someone repeat it for me?

Now, I'm off for dinner and then I will take a hot bath. Expect me back in one hour.[/quote]
Well without CF, we can assume we have some sort of finder. Eventually the finder will reveal his investigations and we will be able to tie people to each other using those investigations. Lynching 9 or 2, who have little or no ties to anyone else, will not provide us with that information on down the road. Of course, we will have to lynch them if they continue to be non-participatory.

The original case on Q is jumping on Jack in the beginning when he voted for night. On top of that Q OMGUS'd a case on 6 when he voted for her. Panicking after 2 votes is shifty. Others have stated that they felt he was wishy washy about Jack... backing off his vote after recieving a little pressure.

[quote name='King_of_Clubs' post='1631594' date='Dec 27 2008, 17.11']Yep, 'twas me who extended the day. The reason was that I knew that I wouldn't be able to return before the day ended. And since some people here stated that they didn't like King too much, I thought I'd be better around when the day would end. Certainly a selfish reason, man.

My power has been a one-time power, that is.[/quote]
Just wanted to say that I think this is perfectly acceptable. Selfish, yes, but fine.

[quote]Ok, now that I'm back, I'd like to know why we are still lynching Queen, and why we would get more informations by lynching an active player. That doesn't make sense at all in a non-CF game, comprende? I'd still like to lynch someone like 9 or 2 who have contributed nothing.[/quote]
I've got a better question for you: why [i]shouldn't[/i] we be lynching Queen? Being suspicious is slightly more lynch-worthy than being useless, I'm afraid, and we shouldn't count out a player CF anyhow.

[quote name='Three of Diamonds' post='1631612' date='Dec 27 2008, 17.33']Being suspicious is slightly more lynch-worthy than being useless, I'm afraid, and we shouldn't count out a player CF anyhow.[/quote]
King, I need to mention, if I change my lynch vote from Queen, it will be to you... someone both suspicious and useless.

Any clue as to where Q is? Why hasn't he shown up today. He said he'd be back.

His last post:
[quote name='Queen of Spades' post='1631121' date='Dec 26 2008, 23.41']Alright. Well, I think I'll retire to bed for the moment, Ill be back tomorrow. Im leaving my vote on Six for the time being, but Im happy to change if more suspicious behaviour becomes evident.[/quote]
It gives off the vibe of someone who has given up.

Archived