Mafia 60.5 Wild Cards by GRRM.

Lannister Guard

[quote name='Jack of Diamonds' post='1631105' date='Dec 26 2008, 23.03']You're right. I have been middle-of-the-roading. I'm reluctant to cast a vote for someone without some basis. I'm just listening for now.

I was tempted to throw out a vote behind the current top choice, just to see what the momentum does for the discussion. But that might play into their hands. It would be easy for the FMs to coordinate a couple of votes behind one person to get an early appearance of momentum.[/quote]
Well as long as you can support your vote with an argument, then you aren't casting it without basis. Also, we know someone is going to get lynched, and it's a fairly good bet that they will be innocent (we won't know either way becuase there is no CF.) But over all, it's OK, because we will look at who voted for whom later in the game and use them to make decisions.

But if you are going to throw your vote behind a top lynch choice, you had better do so with reason, or it just makes you look more scummy. Mind you, you have two strikes against you: 1) vote for night, 2) middle of the roading. If you add you vote to a top candidate just because, then that will also look bad.

Oh, the joys of mafia! And the reason so many noobs are lynched early.

[quote name='Queen of Spades' post='1631114' date='Dec 26 2008, 23.20']Seven, what are your opinions currently?[/quote]
LOL... you can't tell?

I think you look bad for your position on Jack and your case on 6, which is weak and awfully OMGUSy..

I think Jack is acting like a noob, and I am willing to let him get by with it for now, but he is on thin ice.

King middle of the roads, and needs to land somewhere.

And there are a lots of people who need to post, I'd vote any of them out if it came down to the wire. But for now, I am happy with my vote on you.

edit: buy to by

12 players remain: Two of Hearts, Three of Diamonds, Four of Spades, Five or Clubs, Six of Hearts, Seven of Diamonds, Eight of Spades, Nine of Clubs, Ten of Hearts, Jack of Diamonds, Queen of Spades, King of Clubs.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

2 votes for Ten of Hearts (Eight of Spades, Two of Hearts)
2 vote for King of Clubs (Four of Spades, 3 of Diamonds)
2 votes for Queen of Spades (7 of Diamonds, 6 of Hearts)
1 vote for Three of Diamonds (Five of Clubs)
1 vote for Six of Hearts (Queen of Spades)

4 players have not voted: Ten of Hearts, Jack of Diamonds, King of Clubs, Nine of Clubs)

Lany mod is off to bed.

[quote name='Two of Hearts' post='1631131' date='Dec 27 2008, 00.15']I need my beauty sleep, so I'm off. I think Jack looks like a noob, but not a killer; no one looks very guilty at all right now.
Just in case I can't be back before the day ends, [b]remove vote[/b].[/quote]
Really. No comment on Queen or 6? Or the exchange between them? I for one would really like to know your thoughts.

In fact, if any other of the low posters are checking in, please be sure to share.

[b]Remove vote.[/b]
[quote name='Queen of Spades' post='1631078' date='Dec 27 2008, 03.37']Not panicking, just trying to generate responses.
To be brutally honest with you, Jack's latest comment has made me reconsider what I said about Six a little, because as I used the argument of defence against Six, it seems foolhardy to then defend him if you really ARE his partner...[/quote]I agree with what other players told about you; moreover, I don't like how you stepped back from your case after meeting some resistance.
[b]Queen of Spades[/b].

It is day 1.

12 players remain: Eight of Spades, Five of Clubs, Four of Spades, Jack of Diamonds, King of Clubs, Nine of Clubs, Queen of Spades, Seven of Diamonds, Six of Hearts, Ten of Hearts, Three of Diamonds, Two of Hearts.

3 votes for Queen of Spades (Seven of Diamonds, Six of Hearts, Four of Spades)
1 vote for King of Clubs (Three of Diamonds)
1 vote for Ten of Hearts (Eight of Spades)

5 players have not voted: Jack of Diamonds, King of Clubs, Nine of Clubs, Ten of Hearts, Two of Hearts.

I want to vote before going to bed. We have another ~11 hours in the first day, so I hope to check back in again to see if there is any basis for changing this vote.

I think [b]Queen of Spades [/b]came off poorly in the exchange with 6, and that's the best I have to go on so far. I don't have a lot of conviction behind that. I'm not retaliating for being called out on n00b behavior (which was deserved), and I'm not just throwing my weight behind the highest polling person. I was tilting in this direction earlier when 6 asked me to opine on his exchange with Queen.

It's not a great reason, but I don't want to miss out on voting if things heat up before I'm able to check in again. I also want to check on the thread post count in the morning. Anyone still quiet at that point could be earning my vote instead of Queen.

[b]King of clubs[/b] seems to be getting away with being wishy washy because of the exchange between Queen and six.

I agree that Queen looks suspicious because of a) jumping on the rubbish Jack lynch, b) contradictions (saying that Jack is and isn't likely to be a killer) and c) getting very overdefensive about it. It's be happy to vote for Queen.

It is day 1.

12 players remain: Eight of Spades, Five of Clubs, Four of Spades, Jack of Diamonds, King of Clubs, Nine of Clubs, Queen of Spades, Seven of Diamonds, Six of Hearts, Ten of Hearts, Three of Diamonds, Two of Hearts.

4 votes for Queen of Spades (Seven of Diamonds, Six of Hearts, Four of Spades, Jack of Diamonds)
2 votes for King of Clubs (Three of Diamonds, Eight of Spades)

4 players have not voted: King of Clubs, Nine of Clubs, Ten of Hearts, Two of Hearts.

[i]Sorry for posting only little so far. I am a bit sick and not really able to concentrate, having some mean headaches and shivering.[/i]

Yeah, my last post hasn't been as clear as it should, man. Let me try to explain my reasoning again.

I think the fact that Jack voted for night tells us nothing about his alignement. As a new player, he could be both evil or innocent, since your faction has no influence on mistakes like that. Except that his partner could have warned him to do so, but these posts are rarely discussed in the FM forum before they happen.

But then, voting Jack for this also seems like an easy way to join a mob. That's why I wonder about Queen and Ten.

However, the good thing is that it's almost impossible that Jack is partnered to one of these two.

[quote name='Seven of Diamonds' post='1631075' date='Dec 27 2008, 03.33']Well, Jack, your blunder has generated discussion... this is good.

However the resulting discussion has resulted in Q coming to the conclusion that 6 is guilty (and you are his partner.) Actually, I am not sure he is serious with this case, but it is better than his case on you.

Still, it's not great. On top of Q thinking you are a likely FM from your blunder, he now looks overdefensive and trying too hard with his case on 6. Two votes on Queen and he starts panicking? Odd.[/quote]
Man, I don't like this post. I don't have the feeling that Queen got overdefensive. For me there were two players who tried to convince each other with their arguments. That said, i have a good feeling abut both Six [i]and [/i]Queen right now. Both their discussing attempts looks genuine to me.

Your post here, OTOH, looks a bit like you wanted to leave yourself some options to vote for. You've been basically signalling that you plan to vote for Queen. Then you are saying that Jack's blunder has generated discussion, which is good in your opinion, but right next you tell us that the outcome of the discussion has been....what? Unsatisfying?

[quote name='Jack of Diamonds' post='1631084' date='Dec 27 2008, 03.43']So I wanted to look beyond this exchange. That's why I checked back to see who has been posting in what direction. Yes, King was pretty non-committal, as pointed out. But we've heard almost nothing from five people. There's not much to go on yet. Perhaps the best strategy is to keep your head down for the first few days (for innocents and FM).[/quote]
I certainly support this opinion. Right now I think we should lynch a low poster.

[quote name='Two of Hearts' post='1631131' date='Dec 27 2008, 05.15']I need my beauty sleep, so I'm off. I think Jack looks like a noob, but not a killer; no one looks very guilty at all right now.
Just in case I can't be back before the day ends, [b]remove vote[/b].[/quote]
:stunned:

Why not voting for night then, Two?

Archived