ADwD Mafia 61: Drowned Men, Krakens, and Maesters, oh my!

House Targaryen

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1645621' date='Jan 12 2009, 15.52']Are you serious? Glover never claimed anything. He told a joke.[/quote]
[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1645636' date='Jan 12 2009, 16.09']No difference. [i]Obvious[/i] fake claim can't be anything but a joke.[/quote]
Do you guys also think we have an attempt by Dondarrion to make it look like he is partnered with Glover? Or a possible
fake defense?

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1646876' date='Jan 13 2009, 12.38']Quite understandable kill. And I am afraid it means we have no healer. :(

I think Glover was probably innocent, mostly due to his refuse to claim a powerful role. He had nothing to lose, and there was some chance he would be trusted (or, even better for evils, counterclaimed).
Still, lynching him was better than nobody.

I agree we should lynch among low poster today and start with voting [b]Brune[/b]. Five posts only with no content at all?![/quote]
And in this post where he redeems Glover just because he didnt claim a powerful role? Maybe Im paranoid but overall DOndarrion doesnt give me a good feeling at all.

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1646923' date='Jan 13 2009, 13.53']Why it's bad news? Having guilty CF result is priceless.
It's perfectly understandable and I tend to believe you.[/quote]

Well its bad news, because it renders your theory on him as silly :P

Now going to look back over his posts to see who and how he interacted with others.

[quote name='House Connington' post='1646911' date='Jan 13 2009, 12.38']I am afraid I have bad news for you Dondarrion. I had a one-shot CF and I felt a tad bit uneasy about Glover, so I used it and low and behold, I discovered:

House Glover was in fact [i]not[/i] an innocent, he was a faceless man.

And I am revealing now in case I can't get back on later and as I am now essentially dead weight.[/quote]

Yay!

[quote name='House Reyne' post='1646913' date='Jan 13 2009, 11.40']snapping at Chester and voting for him because Chester thinks we are in the RP stage? not so strong of a case.[/quote]Do you really think Chester thought we were in the RP stage? Huh.
Did you actually reread Chester, in order to understand what I was talking about?
[quote]Answers to what? you never posed any serious questions so he could answer.[/quote]Perhaps, "answers" was bad wording. "Explanations" would be better. I still think Chester should explain his queer reasoning.
[quote]After going for Karstark and Chester and even insisting on lynching him unless Chester answers the non-existent questions he posed, now he is after another low poster.[/quote]"Insisting"?! You interpret my words very freely.

[quote name='House Reyne' post='1646927' date='Jan 13 2009, 11.59']Do you guys also think we have an attempt by Dondarrion to make it look like he is partnered with Glover? Or a possible fake defense?[/quote]If I was evil, why would I fake-defence my actual partner?
Did you read Connington's CF result?

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1646938' date='Jan 13 2009, 13.12']Do you really think Chester thought we were in the RP stage? Huh.
Did you actually reread Chester, in order to understand what I was talking about?
Perhaps, "answers" was bad wording. "Explanations" would be better. I still think Chester should explain his queer reasoning.
"Insisting"?! You interpret my words very freely.[/quote]
You exactly insisted on lynching Chester if he didnt answer, I even quoted you, maybe you didnt mean it that way, but written language can be deceptive, If you havent changed your mind, why dont you stick to Chester? thats what bothers me contradictions among your posts.

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1646939' date='Jan 13 2009, 13.15']If I was evil, why would I fake-defence my actual partner?
Did you read Connington's CF result?[/quote]
Im not saying you are partnered to Glover, but the opposite, we have two evil factions, and at that time early in the game none knew Glover was evil.
Dude Connington's CF result just came now, you cant dismiss my case because of that. what you did came before the CF result.

ETA: Typo

[quote name='House Connington' post='1646928' date='Jan 13 2009, 12.59']Now going to look back over his posts to see who and how he interacted with others.[/quote]

My favorite candidates for a Glover buddy would be [b]Erenford[/b] and Blount.

Check out the following post by Erenford:

[quote name='House Erenford' post='1646568' date='Jan 13 2009, 02.33']Damn. Was doing some rereads of the low posters and I got called away. And the most annoying bit is what little I found has mostly already been said already. :ack:

Anyway, hopefully it's not all rehashing:
The main suspicion I came away with seems to be on several lists now, for pretty much the same reason, and I'll jump on the Marbrand bandwagon. I think it has been said already but he has been very middle of the road. In particular I did not like his [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=33266&view=findpost&p=1646191"]post 261[/url] where he basically jumps on the Glover wagon (in a wishy-washy fashion) without actually voting for him, and then follows up in his [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=33266&view=findpost&p=1646220"]next post[/url] with this in response to Bywater's suggestion that we should at least consider some other people:

So he goes from being happy following the popular candidate to at least sounding like he wants to redirect the lynch when it is suggested by someone else. Going with the flow.

It also seems like he gets jumpy whenever he is mentioned as a possible suspect. In response to Karstark commenting on one of his posts:

He gets defensive when Bywater lists him as one of 5 possible alternatives as well.

Connington- I don't like his [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=33266&view=findpost&p=1646174"]post[/url] where he votes Glover.

Nothing about the other arguments against Glover, it seems like an attempt to look like he is contributing something to the case instead of just jumping on the bandwagon. Not a huge thing, but it bugs me, and it doesn't help that it is his only serious post so far.

Pommingham-not as much contribution as I thought he had. Pretty much just has the case against Glover, which was pretty bad.

Reyne-not much to say here, but I did think the timing of his posts today was odd he makes a few posts about Glover, including a vote, and an hour later he makes a post about technical aspects of the board, which makes it seem like he may have been around, just not posting.

Blount, Brune and Poole are pretty much blanks. Of those, I would say I am least suspicious of Blount, his few posts are so unhelpful that I think he must be innocent. :rolleyes: Brune has posted so little it is impossible to make an opinion one way or the other. Poole looks most suspicious of them just because he has posted more.

I have no idea what to make of Chester. :smoking:

Also, haven't gotten to him yet, but I agree with what's been said on the vehemence of Manwoody's Glover vote.[/quote]

Sorry for quoting such a long post, but please check out his suspicions:

- He suspects Marbrand for his post jumping on the Glover waggon.

- He doesn't like Connington's post where he votes Glover.

- He doesn't like me (2nd vote on Glover) or Reyne (4th vote on Glover).

Of the players he says are blanks he mostly suspects Poole (whom Glover was voting for) and he doesn't suspect (or is least suspicious of) Blount.

Now what does Blount have to say on Glover?

[quote name='House Blount' post='1646388' date='Jan 13 2009, 00.25']I am here.
The dondarrion case seemed to rest on the glover one, and the connection between them, don defending glover.

I think this is reasonable enough, and am still against the glover lynch.

We still have 3 hours.

I am not going to vote glover, because I do not think he is scum.
I think Poole is more likely, but since I haven't had much time to contribute today, I can hardly blame others for not doing so.[/quote]

[quote name='House Connington' post='1646911' date='Jan 13 2009, 04.38']I am afraid I have bad news for you Dondarrion. I had a one-shot CF and I felt a tad bit uneasy about Glover, so I used it and low and behold, I discovered:

House Glover was in fact [i]not[/i] an innocent, he was a faceless man.

And I am revealing now in case I can't get back on later and as I am now essentially dead weight.[/quote]

This is interesting.

It would be a bold move for an FM to take, I think. There almost certainly is player CF out there, and for an FM to claim would immediately mean the player CF would know you are lying. Then again, you may not have considered this, or you may consider it an unacceptable risk. And there's a chance that one of the evil roles is some kind of CF role-finder, and you know that either Glover or Bywater was the real CF so there is no risk.

Of course, since the roles were random, you may be an FM player-CF, and you may even be telling the truth. I imagine that if Glover was really FM, then claiming one-shot CF read as guilty on him by his partners would be quite a safe plan. Then again, you would have to have made sure that you had done your distancing well. Or you could be FM player-CF and lying.

And, of course, you could be a cultist, either lying or telling the truth.

So, imo, Glover is more likely to have been guilty because of this, but I am not totally convinced.

Also, Connington, did your CF definitely say 'FM' not just 'non-innocent' or something? I just want to be sure.

Also, presumably the cult converted someone last night, so we should be on the lookout for changed behaviour

[quote name='House Reyne' post='1646950' date='Jan 13 2009, 12.34']You exactly insisted on lynching Chester if he didnt answer, I even quoted you,[/quote]Since when "I'd be happy" means "insisting"?
[quote]If you havent changed your mind, why dont you stick to Chester?[/quote]Because I wanted more than one low poster to feel pressure. And my suspicion of Chester isn't certain enough to stop looking into other directions.
[quote]thats what bothers me contradictions among your posts.[/quote]Show me at least one contradiction.
[quote]Im not saying you are partnered to Glover, but the opposite, we have two evil factions, and at that time early in the game none knew Glover was innocent.[/quote]I'd be very unluckily if, as cult leader, I'd chose a killer for fake-symping.
And why cult leader would do fake-symping at all? His principal task is to live through night 1. How fake-symping helps this?

[quote name='House Connington' post='1646959' date='Jan 13 2009, 12.43']No offence Don, but while I doubt you are a FM, I can't help but think that you might be a symp.[/quote]Defending his master from ridiculously weak accusation? I am better player than that.
Remember, Glover have chosen me as his main suspect and voted me. Definitely, he didn't think I was his symp.

Sorry, I'll make a pause to read Pommingham's long post.

I believe the cf reveal. If Glover was innocent, I don't think an evil player would come out and risk a lie. So I thinkwe should proceed on the assumption that Glover was a killer.

[quote name='House Reyne' post='1646927' date='Jan 13 2009, 11.59']Do you guys also think we have an attempt by Dondarrion to make it look like he is partnered with Glover? Or a possible
fake defense?[/quote]

There is a reasonable case against Dondarrion, in that Dondarrion was trying to get Chester and then Brune lynched instead of Glover. However, the first part of this post, where Dondarrion defended Glover from a vote due to a joke, is poor. The joke from Glover didn't look particularly bad, so I can see an innocent defending Glover here.
And the fake-symping idea is just ridiculous, given that Glover was a killer.

Anyway, i'd be happy to lynch Dondarrion today.

[quote name='House Pommingham' post='1646956' date='Jan 13 2009, 12.40']My favorite candidates for a Glover buddy would be [b]Erenford[/b] and Blount.

Check out the following post by Erenford:

Sorry for quoting such a long post, but please check out his suspicions:

- He suspects Marbrand for his post jumping on the Glover waggon.

- He doesn't like Connington's post where he votes Glover.

- He doesn't like me (2nd vote on Glover) or Reyne (4th vote on Glover).

Of the players he says are blanks he mostly suspects Poole (whom Glover was voting for) and he doesn't suspect (or is least suspicious of) Blount.[/quote]

This case from Pommingham on Erenford, however, is an excellent spot. Not only is there the post that Pommingham quotes, there's a defense of Glover [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=33266&view=findpost&p=1646234"]here[/url]. I feel this case is a better bet than the Dondarrion one.

[b]Erenford.[/b]

[quote name='House Connington' post='1646965' date='Jan 13 2009, 08.55']I understand, but my result clearly states that Glover was a Faceless Man.[/quote]

I believe the role claim and results.

Obviously a partner should be on the lynch mob, and one should be off. With a 19 person, 3 faction game, there really needs to be 3 FM. I want to look at those not on the mob, since it is the shorter list, see who tried to redirect the lynch, more likely without saying they were against it.

I really don't think Dondarrion is guilty, but that is just gut talking (could be symp, but not an FM, so not worth lynching yet).

edit: Name mixup

[quote name='House Pommingham' post='1646956' date='Jan 13 2009, 12.40']My favorite candidates for a Glover buddy would be Erenford and Blount.[/quote]I disagree about Blount. Plain refuse to vote partner would be too bold move. We expect more middle-roading from a guilty.
I agree about Erenford, but it's too late to build a train, so I'll hold my vote for a while.

[quote name='House Manwoody' post='1646973' date='Jan 13 2009, 13.07']There is a reasonable case against Dondarrion, in that Dondarrion was trying to get Chester and then Brune lynched instead of Glover.[/quote]Actually, I voted Brune long after Glover was dead already.
[quote]Anyway, i'd be happy to lynch Dondarrion today.

This case from Pommingham on Erenford, however, is an excellent spot. Not only is there the post that Pommingham quotes, there's a defense of Glover [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=33266&view=findpost&p=1646234"]here[/url]. I feel this case is a better bet than the Dondarrion one.[/quote]Reyne, now you see the difference between "being happy to" and insisting?

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1646983' date='Jan 13 2009, 14.19']I disagree about Blount. Plain refuse to vote partner would be too bold move. We expect more middle-roading from a guilty.
I agree about Erenford, but it's too late to build a train, so I'll hold my vote for a while.[/quote]

In a CF game, I'd agree with you. On a game without a CF... I'm afraid I don't. Losing a member to a day one lynch is pretty tough, and Blount doesn't look like that experienced (or indeed, active) a player.

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1646983' date='Jan 13 2009, 15.19']I disagree about Blount. Plain refuse to vote partner would be too bold move. We expect more middle-roading from a guilty.
I agree about Erenford, but [i]it's too late[/i] to build a train, so I'll hold my vote for a while.[/quote]

Would have thought it was too early but anyway... :P

Having looked back, Dondarrion, I said you might be a symp, but my reasoning is rather flawed as I posted that as I was reading back. Not the brightest thing in world considering I was in the middle of the RP part of the day.

As for Pommington's case on Erenford, its good and I am willing to vote there.
As for Blount, I agree with Dondarrion, its a bad move by the FM partner.

At the moment though, I would be interested in what others have to say, so I am withholding my vote and have to leave now, should be back in a few hours.

Archived