ADwD Mafia 61: Drowned Men, Krakens, and Maesters, oh my!

House Targaryen

[quote name='House Selmy' post='1651257' date='Jan 16 2009, 15.18']Second, if I reveal my role, its going to be useless.[/quote]If you are soldier, you should reveal, because chances for you to be in final three is ridiculously small. If you are bulletproof, you should reveal also, because Glover claimed bulletproof and knowing that he lied is vital for us (the only reason for him to lie was to allow a partner to claim his actual role later). If it's something exotic, your choice.

[quote name='House Farring' post='1651263' date='Jan 16 2009, 08.25']Sorry, not buying it.

edit: Just to be clear: By claiming your role is too important to reveal, you have already revealed it![/quote]

I like Selmy's "reveal" a lot more than Karstark's or yours, to be honest. I was basically CI after day two, why didn't you protect me? And if you weren't going to protect me, why'd you switch away from Marbrand (who was conveniently killed the night you stop protecting him).

[quote name='House Karstark' post='1651245' date='Jan 16 2009, 15.02']For my part, I obviously don't trust you, and if I'm honest, Dondarrion's reveal seems quite convenient and although I used to trust Dondarrion, today has made me feel a lot worse about him.[/quote]By the way, Karstark, if you used to trust me, why did you guard me? It's contradiction.

[quote name='House Mallister' post='1651283' date='Jan 16 2009, 10.38']I like Selmy's "reveal" a lot more than Karstark's or yours, to be honest. I was basically CI after day two, why didn't you protect me? And if you weren't going to protect me, why'd you switch away from Marbrand (who was conveniently killed the night you stop protecting him).[/quote]

You're joking right? We jumped all ocer everyone not revealing, but we're going to give a free pass to Selmy. That is Bullshit.

You were a good lynch target, even with your reveal. I didn't think you would be targeted at night, and you weren't.

I honestly thought Manwoody would be the better target last night. Hind sight is certainly 20/20 and believe me, I am beating myself up over it.

It is day 4.

10 players remain: Blount, Chester, Connington, Dondarrion, Farring, Karstark, Mallister, Manwoody, Reyne, Selmy.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

2 votes for Reyne ( Farring, Chester)
1 vote for Chester ( Dondarrion)
1 vote for Karstark ( Manwoody)

6 players have not voted: Blount, Connington, Karstark, Mallister, Reyne, Selmy.

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1651285' date='Jan 16 2009, 07.39']By the way, Karstark, if you used to trust me, why did you guard me? It's contradiction.[/quote]

Partly because I had a niggling suspicion you might be cult or a symp. I was pretty sure you weren't FM. Also to CI you once we got to this role-reveal stage.

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1651258' date='Jan 16 2009, 10.20']Definitely. Though ringmaster is even less important role.

Anyway, just in case Reine tells truth now, we should choose a target for him to kill tonight. My plan is almost same, to lynch Chester and to order Reyne to kill Blount. [b]Even if both are innocent[/b], we don't want any of them in endgame.[/quote]

In my view, to my limited mafia but large life experience, sacrificing one innocent is worth it, but two seems a bit much at this point. Unless of course that is your evil intention all along. I also don't quit understand still going after low posters or lazy posters when you know there are others that are far more likely. I understand the end game argument-I just don't think we are there yet. Do you remember that ensign that they used to take on the away missions on Star Trek-sure you do-he was Ensign Fodder. He always got killed. Why would you bother taking out Ensign Fodder on your own.

Anyway-You've been dancing around some good cases already built [b]Dondarrion[/b] so today I'll just echo (since that is all I really do) those previous sentiments.

Have fun storming the castle boys and girls! I'm out for a time (I don't know how long exactly because there are drs. involved).

[quote name='House Farring' post='1651291' date='Jan 16 2009, 08.49']You're joking right? We jumped all ocer everyone not revealing, but we're going to give a free pass to Selmy. That is Bullshit.[/quote]

I never asked anyone to reveal, and we're not giving him a free pass. He said he'd come back and discuss this later. It's not like we just signed an agreement in blood that said we wouldn't lynch him today.

And Chester, what the hell are you talking about?

So, ringmaster haven't revealed as such, though I virtually promiced him free pass, and, being not humble, I consider myself closer to be a leader than anybody else (Selmi would be better leader, but he is almost absent).
What it could mean? 1) he claimed another role beforehand or 2) he is in good enough position not to need my free pass or 3) he is inexperienced player failing to act reasonably...

[quote name='House Karstark' post='1651294' date='Jan 16 2009, 15.56']Partly because I had a niggling suspicion you might be cult or a symp. I was pretty sure you weren't FM.[/quote]Why to guard possible cult on night 2, when there already was a conversion? Why to guard a symp at all? You make no sense.

[quote name='House Mallister' post='1651303' date='Jan 16 2009, 11.05']I never asked anyone to reveal, and we're not giving him a free pass. He said he'd come back and discuss this later. It's not like we just signed an agreement in blood that said we wouldn't lynch him today.

And Chester, what the hell are you talking about?[/quote]

He never said he would discuss it. He said he ws smart enough to know what should not be revealed. That is the samething as painting a target on himself without giving the info.

Why are you protecting and defending him? His decision made no sense.

[quote name='House Farring' post='1651312' date='Jan 16 2009, 09.16']He never said he would discuss it. He said he ws smart enough to know what should not be revealed. That is the samething as painting a target on himself without giving the info.

Why are you protecting and defending him? His decision made no sense.[/quote]

At this point in the game we have to be careful about who we lynch. And you have no idea if his decision makes sense because you don't know what his role is.

I'm leaving for a few hours.

[quote name='House Chester' post='1651300' date='Jan 16 2009, 15.00']In my view, to my limited mafia but large life experience, sacrificing one innocent is worth it, but two seems a bit much at this point. Unless of course that is your evil intention all along. I also don't quit understand still going after low posters or lazy posters when you know there are others that are far more likely. I understand the end game argument-I just don't think we are there yet. Do you remember that ensign that they used to take on the away missions on Star Trek-sure you do-he was Ensign Fodder. He always got killed. Why would you bother taking out Ensign Fodder on your own.

Anyway-You've been dancing around some good cases already built [b]Dondarrion[/b] so today I'll just echo (since that is all I really do) those previous sentiments.

Have fun storming the castle boys and girls! I'm out for a time (I don't know how long exactly because there are drs. involved).[/quote]

Say what? :huh:

Karstark's a known liar. I don't buy that the guard somehow didn't go through. Karstark's evil, the only question is killer or symp.

Reyne's a known liar. Reyne admitted it. This one is a bit trickier, because I don't think Reyne is likely to be Glover's partner. I'm not really happy lynching Reyne today for that reason, but I can see why some people want to. Liars are bad.

But you want to lynch Dondarrion? What? Insanity is not going to save you. If you can't see why we don't want crazy or uninformative players in the game when we're only down to a few players, have a think about it. If the game gets down to the point when we've only got 1 or 2 lynches left in the game, we'll have to carefully look through the evidence from each player so far. If a player give no evidence or random evidence, we can't get a read on them. We simply [i]cannot[/i] afford for those players to still be in the game. It's hard on new players, but new players have to learn to contribute.

Today I want to lynch Karstark or Chester.

[quote name='House Farring' post='1651312' date='Jan 16 2009, 15.16']He never said he would discuss it. He said he ws smart enough to know what should not be revealed. That is the samething as painting a target on himself without giving the info.

Why are you protecting and defending him? His decision made no sense.[/quote]

I'm willing to hear Selmy out. There are several roles I can think of that someone wouldn't want to reveal. I wasn't certain you'd want yours revealed, which is why I waited for you before revealing it.

[quote name='House Chester' post='1651300' date='Jan 16 2009, 16.00']I also don't quit understand still going after low posters or lazy posters when you know there are others that are far more likely.[/quote]And who was far more likely? Whom I should vote at that point, and why didn't you vote on that "far more likely" person yourself? I suppose, Chester, you've signed your own death warrant here. Now I really want you dead, as being either guilty or distraction. We can afford lynching a distraction on this stage, one-two day later it will become unaffordable luxury. So, be of use or be gone!

[quote name='House Manwoody' post='1651317' date='Jan 16 2009, 11.24']I'm willing to hear Selmy out. There are several roles I can think of that someone wouldn't want to reveal. I wasn't certain you'd want yours revealed, which is why I waited for you before revealing it.[/quote]

But once you say your role is too important to reveal, you have already painted a target on yourself. That is my main beef with him.

of the remaining players, I trust Dondarrion, Manwoody, Mallister, Connington, and to a lesser extent, Reyne.

That leaves me willing to lynch Chester, Karstark, Selmy, and Blout. I have no idea how to narrow this down. We have had more than one guard in all roled games before, especially if they are limited. I kept asking if people had limitations to their roles because I had to use mine by day 5. No one else seems to have this limitation though. I really was hoping that would help me discern the truth in some reveals.

[quote name='House Farring' post='1651263' date='Jan 16 2009, 08.25']By claiming your role is too important to reveal, you have already revealed it![/quote]

[quote name='House Farring' post='1651320' date='Jan 16 2009, 09.30']But once you say your role is too important to reveal, you have already painted a target on yourself. That is my main beef with him.[/quote]

Neither of the above posts is even close to being true. There are a few conventional roles that are completely undermined by a reveal. And thats not even touching on a more 'exotic' role. Refusing to reveal is not the same as revealing my role.

And its not painting a target on my back either. There are certain roles the FM might want to kill off, but there are other ones that they might want to avoid targeting. I'm not saying which type I have.

What I really don't understand is what you'd rather have me do here. Reveal my role, and make it useless? Reveal a fake role? Obviously not, because you have already said you hate fake reveals and liars, and have voted for people for both of those reasons. So what would you have done in my place?

And perhaps more importantly....exactly what do you think a FM would gain by refusing to reveal his role? Everyone has a role in this game. And the mods have already made it very clear that roles were assigned independent of faction. So no revealed role is going to tell you anything about alignment, in and of itself. They don't have to make anything up. So why would they bother hiding anything? Why not just blend in and reveal a role, rather than standing out and refusing to reveal?

Archived