ADwD Mafia 61: Drowned Men, Krakens, and Maesters, oh my!

House Targaryen

[quote name='House Manwoody' post='1651599' date='Jan 16 2009, 13.19']Someone's going to have to explain the case against Farring to me before I'll agree to this.[/quote]

I [u]really[/u] don't like asking for a mass reveal like he did then the way he responded when one person (who had a good reason not to) didn't reveal.

[quote name='House Mallister' post='1651612' date='Jan 16 2009, 19.24']I [u]really[/u] don't like asking for a mass reveal like he did then the way he responded when one person (who had a good reason not to) didn't reveal.[/quote]

[quote name='House Targaryen' post='1651086' date='Jan 16 2009, 10.44']Farring looks especially handsome today. There's no way that you're going to vote for him.

[b]Farring is unlynchable today.[/b][/quote]

Farring makes a persuasive argument for not being lynched today. :P

I think I would be fine with a Chester lynch. He seems to be an inexperienced player and the FM kills seem to be against strong, active players. I think experienced killers generally try to keep active posters alive for the sake of sportsmanship.

Aside from this basically WIFOM, pointless argument, I have no fucking clue what Chester has been talking about all game so I'm not going to bother trying to make a case.

[quote name='House Mallister' post='1651619' date='Jan 16 2009, 15.28']Reyne, Farring better be innocent.[/quote]

Just think logically for one minute: Would the FMs have a Martyr? if they did, it would be a lose/lose situation, it makes no sense.

I admit, I was suspicious of anyone afraid to reveal. There is no denying that. In my mind, that makes sense. Trying to lynch a confirmed CI does not make sense.

[quote name='House Farring' post='1651623' date='Jan 16 2009, 13.32']Just think logically for one minute: Would the FMs have a Martyr? if they did, it would be a lose/lose situation, it makes no sense.

I admit, I was suspicious of anyone afraid to reveal. There is no denying that. In my mind, that makes sense. Trying to lynch a confirmed CI does not make sense.[/quote]

You are by no means CI. If the mods have been truthful at all this game, then the roles were distributed independently of alignment.

[quote name='House Mallister' post='1651629' date='Jan 16 2009, 15.34']You are by no means CI. If the mods have been truthful at all this game, then the roles were distributed independently of alignment.[/quote]

The mods always say that, but there is no way a martyr would be an FM. it is a lose/lose for them.

[quote name='House Farring' post='1651637' date='Jan 16 2009, 13.42']The mods always say that, but there is no way a martyr would be an FM. it is a lose/lose for them.[/quote]

Look, you can't just call the mods liars. We are given a set of rules, and we play by them. You're actually going so far as to say that the rules are worthless. That means you think this is an evil mod game. And I can't believe that. For one thing, Piper is nearly fanatical about the rules, and he's not going to participate as a mod in a game where the mods are breaking their own rules.

I'm taking the mods at their word that roles were assigned independent of faction.

[quote name='House Selmy' post='1651657' date='Jan 16 2009, 15.51']Look, you can't just call the mods liars. We are given a set of rules, and we play by them. You're actually going so far as to say that the rules are worthless. That means you think this is an evil mod game. And I can't believe that. For one thing, Piper is nearly fanatical about the rules, and he's not going to participate as a mod in a game where the mods are breaking their own rules.

I'm taking the mods at their word that roles were assigned independent of faction.[/quote]

ok, that's fine.

But if I were an FM and got the role of Martyr I would be more than pissed with the mods. Not all roles are useful to all factions. That is what I am saying. Roles get assigned randomly yes, but there have to be a few limits...like what if all the FM ended up with the healer type roles? The game would not be balanced. Balance has to work it's way in there too.

But we can continue this conversation in spoilers.

[quote name='House Reyne' post='1651112' date='Jan 16 2009, 13.28']His first substantial post, defending Glover and being against his lynch.

Again he is against Glover's lynch and asks for Poole's lynch but he doesnt push it because he hadnt had time to contribute and re-read.

My theory is that, a FM symp can be given the Cult conversion verifier, it suits him well in my eyes, maybe thats how cult got nerfed? A FM symp would know everynight if they converted anyone. so when Glover dies, if we take it that Blount was
Glover's symp, he became a FM, but the question here is, does he get to keep his previous role as the verifier?
these are his only 2 substantial posts the whole game, either he is innocent or evil can be interpreted from these posts.[/quote]
Can anyone answer my concern about Blount here?

[quote name='House Manwoody' post='1651599' date='Jan 16 2009, 20.19']Someone's going to have to explain the case against Farring to me before I'll agree to this.[/quote]There isn't a case against Farring, it's a case against you.
Unless we could manage to figure some way your reveal is consistent with Karstark reveal - which we are in trouble to do - one of you two should be a symp. And if you are a symp, Farring is evidently your master. So, safe way is to lynch probable Karstark master (Chester or Blount) then to lynch Farring (if he is innocent, he should use his last heal tonight on either Mallister or Connington... after that he will be useless anyway). Logical?

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1651679' date='Jan 16 2009, 21.06']There isn't a case against Farring, it's a case against you.
Unless we could manage to figure some way your reveal is consistent with Karstark reveal - which we are in trouble to do - one of you two should be a symp. And if you are a symp, Farring is evidently your master. So, safe way is to lynch probable Karstark master (Chester or Blount) then to lynch Farring (if he is innocent, he should use his last heal tonight on either Mallister or Connington... after that he will be useless anyway). Logical?[/quote]
ETA: Misunderstanding.

Once more, ppl: we have no evidence that Farring is a martyr. Manwoody said so, and Farring confirmed, but if Manwoody is Farring's symp, it's null and void. So safe play includes lycnhing Farring tomorrow... or day after tomorrow, since Blount is still preferable.
Reyne, good try, though I am not surprised it failed. It was crazy to expect anybody to false-reveal as ringmaster.

[quote name='House Chester' post='1651688' date='Jan 16 2009, 16.09']I've returned-but sadly it seems my attempt at anything real was lost in my lame humor. I won't bother you all with that anymore if I'm around after today. So, the best I can do is [b]UNVOTE[/b] and cooperate with the mob.[/quote]

innocents should never give up.

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1651698' date='Jan 16 2009, 14.15']Once more, ppl: we have no evidence that Farring is a martyr. Manwoody said so, and Farring confirmed, but if Manwoody is Farring's symp, it's null and void. So safe play includes lycnhing Farring tomorrow... or day after tomorrow, since Blount is still preferable.
Reyne, good try, thought I am not surprised it failed. It was crazy to expect anybody to false-reveal as ringmaster.[/quote]

Farring bothers me, but I don't like your theory about Manwoody. Claiming something for your master is pretty reckless/stupid since they can't communicate.

[quote name='House Reyne' post='1651667' date='Jan 16 2009, 13.58']Can anyone answer my concern about Blount here?[/quote]

With regard to your theory that a Symp would be given the cult conversion verifier role - again, roles were assigned independent of faction. According to the mods, nobody was given any role designed to fit their alignment.

Anyway, I've read over Chester. There's barely anything there worth talking about. My main concern is that he's pursuing the Swann-style FM strategy. It would actually be a pretty intelligent way for a FM to keep the Cult from converting him.

Also, while he voted for Glover, it was an early vote in the RP phase. He only affirmed the vote later, well after Glover reached dead man walking status. He didn't really help with the lynch at all.

So I'm willing to vote [b]Chester[/b].

Archived