Mafia Game 63

House Targaryen

Hal Hall, I agree that Espinoza's quick post is suspicious. It's not the quick post (cause who doesn't want to be referee) but the 'Oh, me? Wow. I will try to be fair, ok' *bats eyelashes* that made me think it. If I was ref I would OWN it (like I own the mat with my l33t karate moves, be-otch)

My question to you is why the hell bring that up right now? Espinoza is the referee for the day and therefore is not going to be lynched today (barring an Ali Mills intervention - unlikely). Why not just watch him make his decision, see who he resists/favors and go after him tomorrow - or even later in the day if you were worried about being killed. By bringing it up right now, you've given him warning (if he's evil) and he is going to be more careful about covering his tracks.

I would say that you calling him out is just as suspicious, if not moreso than his quick post. It's an easy target and sows confusion at a point in the game where it will do very little good and is more likely to do harm by creating a distraction that cannot be resolved today.

Apart from fact that he wants to be called after evil computer, I cannot say anything against his points so far.

And just BTW, Espinoza had already posted when I came in (and I had seen it), so I was definetely not trying to grab ref today.

What do you think of Hall?

Although I think Hall should have kept it to himself for this day, I think his point does hold some water. Espinoza was on only a matter of minutes after the game start, and professed ignorance as to the first post being day one referee despite it being stated in the game rules. It may well be interesting to see today's choice though.

There is a very small inkling in my head that Hall my actually be Espinoza's symp, and the point was made to give Espinoza an indication that he shouldn't do anything too suspicious, but that may possibly be reading a bit too deeply into it.

[quote name='Dutch' post='1720629' date='Mar 16 2009, 09.10']I'm not sure I agree with that (Hall being Espinoza's symp). There would be no reason to call attention to him so early, or at all.[/quote]

I don't really agree with it myself. Was just ruminating about it though.

[quote name='Dutch' post='1720637' date='Mar 16 2009, 10.21']Vidal - it's outlined in my post upthread, but essentially, it looks like he's picking on an easy target. There is really no reason to bring this point up today while Espinoza is immune other than to sow confusion.[/quote]
I see little problem with discussing the actions of the day's referee. Just because they are the referee does not mean they are innocent. OK, they can't get killed today but we should develop some ideas about them. Who do they seem reluctant to lynch? Why? Will they stick to their pledge (in this case democracy)? What in their posts ring untrue? Being a referee does not make players unable to make mistakes, it just makes them unaccountable for their mistakes until tomorrow - but I do not believe we should abandon discussion of them for an entire day.

Why do you not want us talking about Espinoza?

I think accusing a referee is a little odd. If he is actually guity, he probably won't lynch you for this, but you are likely to be nightkilled. So, Hall is either very careless innocent or a killer who doesn't need to be afraid of nightkill. Former or latter, it's hard to say without hearing form him more.

What concerns me about the discussion of the referee is that it could be done in a way to get the referee to change the type of decision that they had been planning on making. If he'd been about to lynch someone a bit suspicious, he may now conform to the expectation.

In this case I don't think there seems anything too striking about it, but future decisions may change that.

[quote]Here. You'll need to fill this out and send it in, okay? Just so they'll know where to claim the body.[/quote]

Archived