Ye Aulde Mafia Game LXVIII

House Targaryen

Is it ever advantageous to post something as crap as that?

Crap like that? No. But people do get the feeling (or feel pressure) that they need to post something in order to look like they're contributing. Generally speaking, I would expect a FM to do that when others have been contributing and they haven't, not when no one was contributing and they haven't. So even if it's crap, there was an advantageous reason to make the post, at least in my eyes.

Why is it weird?

I have no problem with Arryn's vote on Plumm nor his defense of the vote. The post was suspicious enough even though I'm not suspicious of it.

I do, however, agree with the point against Baratheon. The whole exchange was hypocritical.

remove vote as I'm still voting Plumm from joke vote stage.

Hypocritical how?

It is day 1.

15 players remain: Arryn, Baratheon, Cerwyn, Dondarrion, Greyjoy, Kettleblack, Lannister, Martell, Piper, Plumm, Reyne, Stokeworth, Stonetree, Tully, Tyrell.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

3 votes for Arryn ( Kettleblack, Piper, Baratheon)

2 votes for Martell ( Greyjoy, Tyrell)

2 votes for Stonetree ( Tully, Martell)

2 votes for Tully ( Stokeworth, Stonetree)

1 vote for Cerwyn ( Plumm)

1 vote for Plumm ( Arryn)

4 players have not voted: Cerwyn, Dondarrion, Lannister, Reyne.

The post was suspicious enough. Meaning I understand why someone would find it suspicious. Arryn broke it down well enough. But I don't find it suspicious because the timing isn't right. There was no need to make that kind of post. The game wasn't moving so it wasn't advantageous to put himself out there with something as crap as that, especially since someone would easily pick up on it like Arryn did.

Make more sense?

Crap like that? No. But people do get the feeling (or feel pressure) that they need to post something in order to look like they're contributing. Generally speaking, I would expect a FM to do that when others have been contributing and they haven't, not when no one was contributing and they haven't. So even if it's crap, there was an advantageous reason to make the post, at least in my eyes.

I think I'm missing something - it seems like you're saying Plumm's post is not suspicious, then the second quote sounds like you think it is?

(eh, I think I answered my own question while writing this, but would still like to hear you explain it)

I think I'm missing something - it seems like you're saying Plumm's post is not suspicious, then the second quote sounds like you think it is?

(eh, I think I answered my own question while writing this, but would still like to hear you explain it)

Huh?

The second post is talking about when I would find a person making a post like that suspicious. The first post is saying the timing isn't right which the second is expounding upon.

Dondarrion, perhaps I was being a bit flippant with my answer 'I'd defend myself like he did'. What I meant was that I would always defend my thoughts. What I didn't like is that he was a bit snippy about it and seemed a touch overdefensive. I, of course, would find that perfect balance of defensive and reasonable with out even a hint of overdoing it. ;)

Piper - you still feel good about that vote on Arryn?

I'm good. Thanks for asking.

Have been pondering switching to you though.

I think I need to have a think about some people who I haven't formulated opinions on to date, as I'm not going to be around for the rest of the day after I leave in about an hour.

Kettleblack, I'd like to hear your response to my post here.
Well, considering the timing of that Plumm's post, I see nothing wrong with it. Your critique is right, but what do you want from one of the earliest serious posts of the game? Those are always like that.

I just did a reread of Stonetree and guess what I found out. He likes Arryn. Guess what I didn't find out. Anything else.

About 2/3rds of his posts are questions and not a single question he follows up on. He has no opinions minus one posts that says "I like Arryn" and yet he has the most posts. It's ridiculous.

I also wouldn't be against lynching Baratheon for reasons stated but we need some spotlight on Stonetree.

Archived