GoT Mafia Game 69

House Targaryen

I agree with Lannister. We must discuss during the day. Remove vote.

does anybody have any reasonable theory about Cerwyn's death? I quick-read his posts, he was one of stronger players, but i have a feeling as if they were suspicious about him being a healer. He had his suspicions about Lannister, but i think that it was just a way to distance himself from Lannister because he healed him?

Reyne, can your investigations also catch red priests?

I'm not that surprised by Reyne's claim because like undead zombie Myre, I got the impression that he was holding back. By a total coincidence, I even mentioned it in a thoughts post to the mods! :P

But Piper was playing like that as a human? :tantrum: Piper, come back to the thread this instant and explain yourself!

That said...I know this will sound completely crazy, but I don't think we should lynch Hoare today.

Please. Don't let the day end now. Someone remove your vote.

Look at the people popping out of the woodworks to lynch Hoare. Two of them are confirmed zombies now. So we know that zombies have no qualms lynching zombies. In fact, that seems to be their whole point this game. The moment someone gets a few votes, all the zombies show up and jump on the mob. They're actually helping us lynch our suspects.

So I'm getting the feeling that we can't win this game just by lynching the obvious zombies. Because let's look at all the players who we can confirm are zombies:

Hoare, Myre, Tully, Martell, Liddle

That's five players. Tyrell and Kettleblack are also very likely to be zombies. (Stokeworth and Webber as well, but they're gone now.) Maaaaybe Royce or Baratheon. But look what happens if we lynch no one but zombies for the rest of the game. Let's assume that, in the absolute best case scenario, only the five players I've listed are zombies. There are fifteen players. We start the day by lynching Hoare:

Day 4: 14 P, 4 Z

Night 4: 13 P, 4 Z

Day 5: 12 P, 3 Z

Night 5: 11 P, 3 Z

Day 6: 10 P, 2 Z

Night 6: 9 P, 2 Z

Day 7: 8 P, 1 Z

Night 8: 7 P, 1 Z

At this point, if there are three living red priests, we lose the game. If there are two living red priests, things will go like this:

Day 8: 6 P, 2 RP

Night 8: 5 P, 2 RP

The five surviving players are in endgame, with only one chance to lynch a red priest. And all three innocents have to agree on who to lynch. Even if they choose right, we're still in LYLO again the next day.

Day 9: 4 P, 1 RP

Night 9: 3 P, 1 RP

So if we lynch no one but confirmed zombies for the rest of the game, then AT BEST, we lose the game if we get a single mislynch afterward.

But you want to know something that scares the hell out of me? The player who I was thinking had a writing style most similar to Hoare's and Tully's...is Dondarrion. The person who caught the zombies' slip.

Of course, I was obviously wrong about similarities between Reyne and Liddle, and Piper and everyone, so this is nothing conclusive. I can see similarities between Kettleblack and Royce, or Kettleblack and Stonetree (which would make me sad :(). And I even came up with a totally crazy, tinfoil hat theory that...wait for it...PLUMM AND TYRELL MIGHT BE THE SAME PERSON! OMIGOD!

But I'm starting to think that Dondarrion might be a good red priest candidate. I know the late Cerwyn thought it was OMGUS on my part to go after him yesterday. (And you never answered my questions, Dondarrion.) But I thought his attack on me felt like a lot of empty show. Maybe it was the wink smiley, but it seemed overly...snide (although I'm one to talk about being snide). He was going through the motions of scumhunting by questioning someone, trying to sound aggressive, but not probing at the source. Because there's so much suspicious behaviour in the game that...well, not to be conceited or anything, but am I really the best you can do as a suspect?

So Dondarrion, do you feel like making any cases on...you know, anyone?

As to whether it is important to get priests or zombies first, I think it makes sense to, in a situation where the red priest and zombie are both at similar levels of suspicion to go after the priest first, as it may be possible to win by lynching all the red priests without needing to kill all the zombies, but the zombies seem to provide the RPs with additional voting power so where we have someone in a position like Hoare is in we should definitely get the lynch. There's no need to rush things though, and there seems like a lot that has happened to digest.

Pay attention. Look at who all the zombies are voting for!

Royce, if you're innocent, please. Remove your vote from Hoare now.

It is day 3.

15 players remain: Baratheon, Dondarrion, Hoare, Kettleblack, Lannister, Liddle, Martell, Myre, Piper, Plumm, Reyne, Royce, Stonetree, Tully, Tyrell.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

8 votes for Hoare ( Reyne, Plumm, Myre, Tyrell, Kettleblack, Royce, Tully, Liddle)

1 vote for Reyne ( Hoare)

6 players have not voted: Baratheon, Dondarrion, Lannister, Martell, Piper, Stonetree.

Hoare is lynched and it is night, send in your PMs.

(sorry guys, happened too quick to get a scene ready)

It is day 3.

15 players remain: Baratheon, Dondarrion, Hoare, Kettleblack, Lannister, Liddle, Martell, Myre, Piper, Plumm, Reyne, Royce, Stonetree, Tully, Tyrell.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

8 votes for Hoare ( Reyne, Plumm, Myre, Tyrell, Kettleblack, Royce, Tully, Liddle)

1 vote for Reyne ( Hoare)

6 players have not voted: Baratheon, Dondarrion, Lannister, Martell, Piper, Stonetree.

Hoare is lynched and it is night, send in your PMs.

(sorry guys, happened too quick to get a scene ready)

HEY. I REMOVED MY VOTE.

I wrote a bit of this post earlier, but I can agree with Lannister. There are too many likely zombies around. I'm starting to think it is possible that the zombies are actually a distraction for the innocents, and that there may be only a few red priests and I would agree that we have to go after red priests.

The other thing in support of this is that the zombies are almost being too blatant, and 'giving themselves away' in order to distract us from the red priests.

I don't like this situation, and there are faw too few people I trust at the moment.

1. Maybe, he is a priest, but uses solely one of his zombie alts. To make as much chaos as possible and then at one point of game when zombie is no longer particulary useful, start playing his normal priest alt and say that he now has time.

I'm here, but I have no time to play. In about 24 hours I'll be able to start acctually playing. I have no time now, but I had tons of it when I applied. :(

2+2=?

:bang:

:bang: :bang: :bang:

I suppose it's my fault for having taken so long to write my big analysis post and not paying attention to the thread, but seriously. Why didn't one person remove his vote!

:tantrum:

Royce, this makes you look really bad. Because you're not a zombie. That means you're either a red priest or an innocent who isn't trying.

And gee, it looks like Dondarrion is never going to answer my case. Because it's night. And now I'm probably going to die. And tomorrow all the zombies will go after each other and force a speedlynch.

I think we're going to lose this game.

Royce, this makes you look really bad. Because you're not a zombie. That means you're either a red priest or an innocent who isn't trying.

Thanks. You're swell to have around too. :angry:

I'm sorry not to have met youur highly inflated opinion of what an innocent player should be like, but there's no need to be like that about it.

And for the record, I don't see how this makes me look bad.

Lannister, if the Piper didn't mode this game, I'd thought you are him. You are crazy at Piper's level.

Evidently, in order to win this game we should lynch all red priests and all zombies, and I highly doubt that order matters. Especially after we know that our finders are in fact zombie hunters. Not using their investigations would mean their roles are worthless. And if you mean that after catching a zombie we are supposed to catch and to lynch that zombie controller, you are even more crazy, especially assuming the hypothesis that zombies are partially controlled by mods.

Up to now, in every death scene, zombie was the murderer. Does it suggest that Priests can't murder? All those years spent reading & learning probably reduced their muscle mass and they are using zombies to do their dirty work. Does that mean that if we lynch all the zombies, they would be unable to score a night kill?

Archived