GoT Mafia Game 69

House Targaryen

I have a new theory.

Each red priest only controls his own alt. Meanwhile, all the zombies are controlled by the mods. The red priest somehow sends them instructions on what to do. If he's lax with his instructions, the zombies lose control and attack people at random...but I'm not sure how that works.

ETA: it doesn't explain why so many of the posters are inactive, though. I'd imagine the red priests would be more involved.

Each red priest only controls his own alt. Meanwhile, all the zombies are controlled by the mods. The red priest somehow sends them instructions on what to do. If he's lax with his instructions, the zombies lose control and attack people at random...but I'm not sure how that works.
Yes, it's possible.

But if I was red priest, I'd give my zombies way more instructions.

Yes, it's possible.

But if I was red priest, I'd give my zombies way more instructions.

What do you mean by instructions? Considering how many zombies there are, I don't think you can micromanage their every move. It would explain their low post counts all game.

You know what kind of instructions I think you'd give them? Instructions like bandwagoning Martell when you were in danger of a lynch on Day One.

So here's my new paranoid conspiracy theory. (They breed like rabbits.) I'm open to arguments against it if you have them, but you know what I'm thinking? That you were trying to distance from Kettleblack (who's either a zombie or your red priest partner) by getting him to place a vote on you. But then a lot of people started agreeing with that vote. So you had to send out the rest of the zombie horde as a distraction.

Because I'm rereading your posts from Day One, and you know, I'm not so sure I agree with my innocent read on you anymore. My gut tends to be defective.

What do you mean by instructions? Considering how many zombies there are, I don't think you can micromanage their every move.
Why not? Something like this:

1) Agree with A;

2) Disagree with B;

3) Make a case against C, using this set of quotes;

4) Mark your tiers like a) C, D, E b) B, F, G c) A, H, I.

Writing texts is hard, but if mods work as negros for you such micromanagement can be a pleasure. That's why I am sceptical about your theory, it would lead to more interesting game than we have for now.

So here's my new paranoid conspiracy theory. (They breed like rabbits.) I'm open to arguments against it if you have them, but you know what I'm thinking? That you were trying to distance from Kettleblack (who's either a zombie or your red priest partner) by getting him to place a vote on you. But then a lot of people started agreeing with that vote. So you had to send out the rest of the zombie horde as a distraction.
And I sacrificed about four votes just in order to save one? That's bad mathematics.

I have a new theory.

ETA: it doesn't explain why so many of the posters are inactive, though. I'd imagine the red priests would be more involved.

Thats... ah crap, I guess it's at least possible, it might even explain a couple of things. It would mean that the mods have potentially been very busy this game. I still imagine there would have to some sort of limitation on the zombies voting. I presume that if that were the situation we really ought to be going after the Red Priests since once they're dead the zombies wouldn't be much of a threat...

See, this was what I really didn't want to get into earlier. Imaging a whole setup that we really have no way of testing, and then acting on it as though it's correct. Hmm, I have to believe, at the moment, that this setup is unlikely. It would mean that killing zombies is less helpful than it ought to be. Especially since that's what our finders are geared toward finding. Either way, I think we ought lynch the most likely Red Priest either today or tomorrow.

:uhoh: I don't know what to say. I know I am my own man, I am certainly not evil, not a zombie either. What kind of defense is there against someone I said I believed as a finder?

I will look at the other cases and see if I can add anything to them.

Is this what it would look like if the RPs sent an order to the mods for Martell to defend himself? If so could they please send a second order for him to defend himself better?

OK, I'm perplexed as anyone by the setup, but I think some of the propositions being made as to how it works are unworkable.

Unless the mods can prove otherwise, the RPs have full control of the zombies in my mind. I'm worried that the mods may have misrepresented the setup - actually scratch that, they have definitely misrepresented the setup by having contradictory messages regarding the setup, but the later message is the one I am choosing to believe, and it states full control for the RPs. This is irritating me a lot more than it should.

As regards other matters, I'm still worried about how things in general are panning out, but the non-setup dependent solution is to go after a red priest. My top choice is Baratheon, but I can see merit in the case on Plumm and Kettleblack is also a bit dodgy.

I'm annoyed at how little information we have on the set-up. It makes it nearly impossible to choose the best lynch.

I'm starting to feel much, much worse about Baratheon. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt for a while, but now I'm seeing similarities between him and Plumm. For example, they both attacked Piper and Martell. And I remember other zombies making vaguely positive comments about Bara. The problem, though, is that I don't know if he's a zombie or a red priest.

Damn it. I need to write a huge case on Plumm to explain why I'm suddenly feeling so bad about him. But I'm super behind on my assignment, and I'm only good at spotting flagrantly scummy behaviour like that of the zombies. When it's a player with any skill, I might as well be reading tea leaves.

I'm annoyed at how little information we have on the set-up. It makes it nearly impossible to choose the best lynch.

I'm starting to feel much, much worse about Baratheon. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt for a while, but now I'm seeing similarities between him and Plumm. For example, they both attacked Piper and Martell. And I remember other zombies making vaguely positive comments about Bara. The problem, though, is that I don't know if he's a zombie or a red priest.

Damn it. I need to write a huge case on Plumm to explain why I'm suddenly feeling so bad about him. But I'm super behind on my assignment, and I'm only good at spotting flagrantly scummy behaviour like that of the zombies. When it's a player with any skill, I might as well be reading tea leaves.

Does anyoen have any skill in this game? I'm sorry but I mean, it seems like only a few people are participating and mostly, they're probably innocent.

Lets lynch Baratheon. It could be fun :)

For god's sake do your assignment. :whip:

I'm not going to be about for several hours now, so I rather hope I don't get lynched in the meantime, but I'll stand by my assertion that we should go for the confirmed bad guys and worry about the priests later. Lannister's list of suspects is FAR too long for a game with any balance, and some of the "probable zombies" could well just be low posters with not enough time to contribute properly - or even just our healer keeping his head down. I would much rather not see a lynch wasted on a possible innocent when we have confirmed baddies to deal with.

I'm not going to be about for several hours now, so I rather hope I don't get lynched in the meantime, but I'll stand by my assertion that we should go for the confirmed bad guys and worry about the priests later. Lannister's list of suspects is FAR too long for a game with any balance, and some of the "probable zombies" could well just be low posters with not enough time to contribute properly - or even just our healer keeping his head down. I would much rather not see a lynch wasted on a possible innocent when we have confirmed baddies to deal with.

Might be better to lynch you first...

All right, Baratheon. If you have a role, claim it.

If you're not, then I don't even know if there's a point in lynching you, because only a zombie would put up this lame a fight.

I'm sorry, but you've done an utterly unconvincing job of changing your posting style. You use fake bad spelling and punctuation, but then drop a word like "mollified." The only reason I haven't gone after you was because I thought you might have been a power role trying to dodge a night kill. But now I see that you've seen eye-to-eye with Plumm pretty much all game. And this defence makes me convinced that you're just a distraction. I don't know if your other alt is Kettleblack or Dondarrion or even Tyrell. I don't know if you're a red priest or a zombie. I do know you're evil.

I'm really tempted to lynch Plumm, but...but...dammit! I don't have time to make a case on him!

Archived