GoT Mafia Game 69

House Targaryen

It is day 1.

20 players remain: Baratheon, Cerwyn, Dondarrion, Greyjoy, Hoare, Kettleblack, Lannister, Liddle, Martell, Myre, Piper, Plumm, Reyne, Royce, Stokeworth, Stonetree, Tarth, Tully, Tyrell, Webber.

11 votes are needed for a conviction or 10 to go to night.

3 votes for Plumm ( Royce, Kettleblack, Greyjoy)

2 votes for Baratheon ( Lannister, Liddle)

1 vote for Cerwyn ( Myre)

1 vote for Kettleblack ( Webber)

1 vote for Liddle ( Tarth)

1 vote for Piper ( Plumm)

1 vote for Royce ( Stonetree)

10 players have not voted: Baratheon, Cerwyn, Dondarrion, Hoare, Martell, Piper, Reyne, Stokeworth, Tully, Tyrell.

You know this for sure? What if one of the conditions of the zombie alt (if used) is that they can't vote.
I can't imagine this to be true. They would be way too recognizible. And... what whould be a point to have them if they can't vote?

Well, there is a possibility they can kill... then, we should just lynch every non-voter.

Ok, I suggest everybody to vote somebody early to prove their ability to do so.

Now I am leaving for about two hours, don't lose me. :)

P.S. And Greyjoy's third vote looks vert sheepish.

I wanted some concurention. It's better to try lynching several low posters. Vote analysis, you know.

Usually on day one it's difficult enough to get a vote on one low poster. I don't think two individual votes on two separate posters is going to force some sort of choice.

I can't imagine this to be true. They would be way too recognizible. And... what whould be a point to have them if they can't vote?

As apposed to a bunch of alts without players, who never speak and are never modkilled? That makes more sense.

Ok, I suggest everybody to vote somebody early to prove their ability to do so.

It doesn't hurt to rule out possibilties.

Nice. An attempt to get things moving that offers absolutely nothing new that hasn't already been said apart from wondering if the baddies could have roles, Myre. Do you have any thoughts about what Targ's 'twist' to the game might be, apart from that there are more alts than players? Or do you think that's it?

I think that is it. I have a few other thoughts after reading the other questions on the set up.

If there are multiple alts (likely) how would they work? Rules say the Red Priests (FM) and the zombies they control - if they get extra alts, do they also get extra votes? I can't see where that wouldn't be over powered.

If they don't get votes, then it would be fairly easy to flush them out, no? Right now I am assuming the FM have the extra alts. I know I don't have a zombie minion at my beck and call.

If there are no zombie alts and we really do have 20 players signed up, then where do the zombies come into it? Not a cult game, so conversion is out. If a player is killed at night, it's possible the FM get control of their alt, but that is verging on cultness and is shockingly close to Faceless Man skin changing, so again, I think it unlikely.

I guess I believe there are extra zombie minions among us already, so this brings us back to my original question - will zombie alts get votes?

If everyone didn't vote, it would be extreamly hard to lynch players, and without a vig, how else could we innocnets possibly win?

If the zombie votes are nerfed in some way, it will make it way harder for us to get a legitimate vote off. They have to be able to vote normally or it screws with the whole balance. Then again, double votes screw with the balance, so ...

This is the only reason I am thinking there is a possibility of good zombies. I can't balance it in my head otherwise.

The balance is the one thing I am also having an issue with. The mods had to find a way to fix it (I hope.)

I think the idea of everyone voting is a good one. Martell. He seems to be playing rather dumb, and I am just not buying it.

Wow. I was writing this post and just noticed that Myre beat me to the punch. The similarities are kind of eerie:

First, I'm voting for Martell. I think there's a high chance he's a zombie.

Simply put, I think he's playing dumb. He's ten steps behind everyone else. He keeps on calling attention to how clueless he is. All of his points are obvious and inane to the point that it seems forced. For example, long after everyone agreed that there were multiple alts:

Is it allowed that one player can control multiple alts? This seems to be abit unfair.

Lets see if I can get this right

- there are red priest

- there are zombies

- they are somehow linked

Could the red priests be the killers and the zombies their symps? And do they know each other?

I can't believe that someone is really that clueless. It gives me the impression that someone is changing his posting style in order to hide his alt.

Martell, is this your first time playing Mafia? Is English your first language?

I have a feeling that quite a few of the players are zombies, but I don't know how many of them are under the control of the red priests.

More or less. For now anyway.

*sigh* Okay, then. Good to know you're online and reading the thread. So what do you think about Plumm? Greyjoy? Tarth?

Well, presumably the zombie alt would reveal and not the master, but, yeah, there were quite a few odd points in Plumm's analysis.

What points do you think are odd? Because your post before just sort of expanded upon his original arguments, but didn't seem to find them particularly suspicious. Do you think the "oddness" means he's more likely to be evil? Do you think he was deliberately twisting the facts?

And for the record: Greyjoy, it worries me that your first appearance was immediately after someone voted for you for being inactive. And then when Stonetree accuses Plumm of trying to protect you, you vote Plumm--but only after there's support for a vote in his direction.

What points do you think are odd? Because your post before just sort of expanded upon his original arguments, but didn't seem to find them particularly suspicious. Do you think the "oddness" means he's more likely to be evil? Do you think he was deliberately twisting the facts?

And for the record: Greyjoy, it worries me that your first appearance was immediately after they commented on. And then when Stonetree accuses Plumm of trying to protect you, you vote Plumm--but only after there's support for a vote in his direction.

His vote on Piper is the biggest point, for reasons I've already laid out. Other than that his breakdown of the game seemed overly complete, including things like alts with no players. Which is I consider the most unlikely thing anyone's suggested so far. I don't think his necessarily twisting facts, just trying to beef up his contribution to make his post look more substantial than it actually is. The current game begs for speculation, and it's a topic on which a player with multiple alts could really go wild. But they're probably also the most likely to make wild suggestions since they have to come up with opinions from multiple points of view.

I also notice that Plumm's done a little distancing from Greyjoy, as well, now that suspicion that he might have been protecting him has been raised.

"Playing dumb." Wow, Myre. You totally read my mind. What are the chances you'd come up with that wording on your own? :P

For the record, I don't suspect Plumm. Basically, I read his reactions as innocentish because I had similar ones: my first instinct was that anyone with a zombie minion should reveal so as to clear up confusion, and I might have also tried voting for a different low poster. So I'm wondering why everyone thinks that's the scummiest thing we've seen in the game so far. Particularly since a couple of people expressed vague unease with his set-up speculation, but only voted for him once a bandwagon formed. Stonetree, you initially suspected Plumm for trying to divert the mob away from Greyjoy. Do you also suspect Greyjoy?

Now I really have to leave. I'll have only intermittent access to a computer for the rest of the day.

Stonetree, you initially suspected Plumm for trying to divert the mob away from Greyjoy. Do you also suspect Greyjoy?

For the record, yes, but only by asociation with Plumm, Greyjoy himself hasn't been particularly suspicious, although the timing of his arrival was convenient.

I was posting at about the same time Plum posted his scenarios and was reacting to his that I didn't think of. As soon as I started to go through them, they didn't seem very likely at all (mod-alts, non controlled alts). It seemed more like someone throwing out ideas to distract us from zoning in on one or two likely set-ups. Like he was saying 'it could be so many things, why waste time trying to figure it out? Let's look over here now at low posters, shall we?'

I didn't vote right away because I was more concerned with the ramifications of the zombie alts and balancing the vote at the time. After going over it again, I felt it merited a vote. Tarth would be my second choice right now. Martell I haven't decided about. You're right in that he is oozing noobness, but act or no? Not sure at this point.

Why do I do this to myself? Now I'm really late.

Reyne: good to know you're not even trying to look like you're not a zombie. Come on. Make this a challenge!

His vote on Piper is the biggest point, for reasons I've already laid out. Other than that his breakdown of the game seemed overly complete, including things like alts with no players. Which is I consider the most unlikely thing anyone's suggested so far. I don't think his necessarily twisting facts, just trying to beef up his contribution to make his post look more substantial than it actually is. The current game begs for speculation, and it's a topic on which a player with multiple alts could really go wild. But they're probably also the most likely to make wild suggestions since they have to come up with opinions from multiple points of view.

I don't have time to find quotes that I think were fluffier/more suspicious examples of role speculation, but you said you thought his breakdown of the game was overly complete. But you said you thought an FM would be forced to come up with wild arguments from different POVs. By that logic, wouldn't an alt be more likely to present one side of the story in his post, rather than saving all of them for one account.

And here's a fun question for you. If you think Plumm is a red priest, what other alts do you think he's controlling? :P

I also notice that Plumm's done a little distancing from Greyjoy, as well, now that suspicion that he might have been protecting him has been raised.

And vice-versa? You notice Greyjoy was the third one to vote for Plumm--and voted for Plumm before Plumm retaliated.

I was posting at about the same time Plum posted his scenarios and was reacting to his that I didn't think of. As soon as I started to go through them, they didn't seem very likely at all (mod-alts, non controlled alts). It seemed more like someone throwing out ideas to distract us from zoning in on one or two likely set-ups. Like he was saying 'it could be so many things, why waste time trying to figure it out? Let's look over here now at low posters, shall we?'

Thanks. I understand your POV much better now. Still not enough to make me vote Plumm, but I see your points.

I don't think the scenarios he mentioned were all that unlikely, though. Haven't you noticed that the contribution of a few of our players has been a bit...dubious, at best? I really think an FM would make more of an effort to blend in with his alts. So yeah, I strongly think the zombies aren't all in the players' control.

By the way, what happened to Stokeworth and Hoare?

Looks like the two cases right now are on Plumm because people didn’t agree with him and Greyjoy is a bandwagoner; and on Martel for acting dumb. While I agree with Lannister about Plumm, I disagree with him about Martell. Would anyone, even the mods, deliberately act that dumb? It is sure to draw attention that no one wants.

And speaking of the mods, I am on the fence about whether or not they would control alts. Lany likes to try new things and Piper is just, well Piper, but mods controlling alts would make this an evil mod game and I don’t see either of them doing that. :(

Possible Fast Zombies

House Lannister

House Royce

Possible Slow Zombies

House Dondarrion

House Greyjoy

House Martell

House Myre

House Piper

House Stonetree

House Tarth

House Tully

House Tyrell

House Webber

Hmm, a lot of slowbies. Maybe we have a lot of Antipodeans playing.

It's because Royce and Lannister had the most posts - not because they posted first. Maybe that makes them hungrier zombies rather than faster.

An interesting, if somewhat pointless, matter. If you want to be a fast zombie, that's your choice. I, on the other hand, don't want zombies around. So, see ya later Baratheon.

Liddle Clearly, these are attempts to look as they they are contributing without actually saying much.

I thought about Reyne, but he is not even making an effort to pretend, kind of like martell, just too obvious.

Archived