GoT Mafia Game 69

House Targaryen

I explained my reasons for voting for you Plumm, which were not the same reasons that Stonetree (?) voted for you. What are your reasons for wanting to vote for Martell? That you agree with the popular opinion that Martell and Reyne look artificial and now it looks like you or him? I thought you said you actually preferred Reyne over Martell.

There are just too many players to keep track of at this time- so many players who are quiet and blending in and are providing cover for the FM. I have to agree with Lannister - spam it up people! Preferably with actual content, but I'll take anything right now.

I explained my reasons for voting for you Plumm, which were not the same reasons that Stonetree (?) voted for you.
Could you explain the difference between yours and Stonetree's reasons again?
What are your reasons for wanting to vote for Martell?
I don't want to vote Martell. The proof is I am not voting him.
That you agree with the popular opinion that Martell and Reyne look artificial and now it looks like you or him? I thought you said you actually preferred Reyne over Martell.
Could you look at vote count, oldfellow?

And Royce. You were all excited to have permission to spam before. What caused your drop in activity? Who do you suspect now?

I'm a million different people from one day to the next...

Different time constraints and all that.

I'm in need of a catch up read - I've only skimmed over everything to date (with eyes glazing over as people come up with their pet theory of how the game works).

I don't particularly like Plumm at the moment. I need to figure out why though.

A few quotes and then I'll sum up:

I'm a little suspicious now of Plumm's request for any good zombie controllers to reveal themselves. ...

And, as Stonetree said, it was an odd choice to vote Piper if the stated aim was to get rid of a non-poster.

Why vote out a non-poster? One of your scenarios is non-controlled zombies which would be a non-poster. That would mean it's not evil, and would be mod-killed soon. So why is it preferable to go for a non-poster at this point?

His vote on Piper is the biggest point, for reasons I've already laid out. Other than that his breakdown of the game seemed overly complete, including things like alts with no players. ...

... As soon as I started to go through them, they didn't seem very likely at all (mod-alts, non controlled alts). It seemed more like someone throwing out ideas to distract us from zoning in on one or two likely set-ups. Like he was saying 'it could be so many things, why waste time trying to figure it out? Let's look over here now at low posters, shall we?' ...

Kettle: doesn't likethat you askedgood zombies to reveal

Stone: didn't like your vote on Piper over adding pressure to Greyjoy

Greyjoy: felt you were trying to obscure the discussion

I do know where your vote is silly boy, but the reasons I thought you might switch to Martell are:

It isn't usual game and I don't expect us to play as usual. This time we have much stronger reasons to lynch a low poster.

I agree that both Martell and Reyne look very artificial.

... Logical move would be to vote Martell, but I don't want it to be me or him. I want it to be you [Greyjoy] or him. ...

I don't suppose I could lock you two in a room together? With lotions, scented candles, champagne, and lots of lube?

*sings Kumbaya and strums guitar*

I kind of want to smack both Greyjoy and Plumm upside the head :P, but I'm getting an innocent read from them. I really think we should lynch one of the low posters today. One of those who've posted and run every seven or eight hours. One of those who've made nothing but safe comments on the set-up, or banal observations. Because even if they're innocent, it will at the very least take away some cover from the baddies. I also think it would be very interesting to test out what happens if a zombie dies. I would be extremely disappointed with a Plumm lynch, and not only because I don't suspect him much. He's one of the top posters, and I think the chances of him being a zombie are very low.

I also have a crazy theory that I'd like to test out, but I'm waiting for certain people to show up.

And Stonetree, you never answered my question before. Do you see posting style similarities between Greyjoy and Plumm? Do you still think they're likely to be partners given their recent interaction?

I think I'm going to go through the list of players and sort it in to tiers of who I think is most likely to be a zombie. But it would be more helpful if the innocents, you know, actually played like innocents. There's at least one person who I suppose could still be a red priest, but would be among my top zombie suspects--if I didn't know for meta reasons that he probably couldn't be one.

Kettle: doesn't likethat you askedgood zombies to reveal

Stone: didn't like your vote on Piper over adding pressure to Greyjoy

Greyjoy: felt you were trying to obscure the discussion

Well, I have neither time nor strength to reread you, but I am somewhat sure that your self-quote was written already after you've chosen to vote me. Let's allow to the community to judge.
I do know where your vote is silly boy, but the reasons I thought you might switch to Martell are:
I know my duty as innocent is to vote Martell, therefore switching majority from sure innocent (me) to possible killer (him). But I think I can afford a risk, leaving an option of lynching me open but proposing lynch of more probable guilty (you). There is a few hours left.

Now I am leaving, just hoping that you all will make a right decision. Thank you in advance.

After the game I'll gladly make nice with Plumm. :) Right now, however ...

The more I go back and read him, the more sense I get of a player who is trying to dig himself out of a hole. The most compelling reason to me at this point is his vote for Piper when a vote for me would have served his purpose just as well if not better. He claims it's because he didn't want to be a sheep and vote for a player already put forth by another player whom he has no reason to trust. Stonetree has covered this arguement and why it's bad. Cerwyn has also called Plumm on it.

Well, I have neither time nor strength to reread you, but I am somewhat sure that your self-quote was written already after you've chosen to vote me. Let's allow to the community to judge.

You are correct. I didn't give my reasons until prompted. Atthe time I voted, I was still mostly thinking about the game set-up.

Piper and Baratheon: could you answer my question from before and tell us who you suspect? Tarth: did you finish catching up? Kettleblack: since you were the one who started the bandwagon on Plumm, has your opinion on him changed in the past couple of pages? Stokeworth, Liddle, and Tyrell: are you guys going to---AAARGGHH, WHY AM I EVEN BOTHERING??!?!?!?!?!

*tears hair out*

This talk of feigning stupidity is easy to do. You have no idea what Martell is like. He can't defend himself since you are basically telling him his state of mind. And really, how many times have we had an evil feigning stupidity? I think it's a stupid accusation and I will not vote based on it.

We're waiting for Martell to come and defend himself. If he did so, we could get a better sense of whether his clueless act is real or faked. But he hasn't contributed anything since then. Either way, it's all in the tone of his posts. I guess you can call it gut, but to me his posts sounded very forced and over-the-top. He hasn't said anything to imply that he's just a n00b--clearly he knows what FM and symps are. There are a couple of other players who are as suspicious as Martell at this point, though.

But yes. His behaviour would be suspicious even in a normal game, but I think there's a huge chance that someone would feign stupidity here.

I don't particularly like Plumm at the moment. I need to figure out why though.

Well, when you figure it out, let us know. :P

Also, is there anyone you suspect besides Plumm?

The most compelling reason to me at this point is his vote for Piper when a vote for me would have served his purpose just as well if not better.
And now, after you plainly confirmed that your most compelling reason is exactly same that Stonetree's and Kettleblack's, would you dare to keep stating your vote wasn't sheepish? Gah!

Now, actually leaving.

It wasn't the initial reason I voted for you, but after thinking about it, it has become the most compeling for me. You have a very strong aversion to being seen as a sheep and are attacking me for it. You haven't even looked at those who voted Martell and ran. They are low-posters AND sheep - double bonus!

You know, I'm going to feel like a huge moron after the game if it turns out Plumm was evil, but I can't resist:

After the game I'll gladly make nice with Plumm. :) Right now, however ...

The more I go back and read him, the more sense I get of a player who is trying to dig himself out of a hole. The most compelling reason to me at this point is his vote for Piper when a vote for me would have served his purpose just as well if not better. He claims it's because he didn't want to be a sheep and vote for a player already put forth by another player whom he has no reason to trust. Stonetree has covered this arguement and why it's bad. Cerwyn has also called Plumm on it.

Okay. Do you remember why Stonetree thought that Plumm's vote was suspicious? Because he thought he was diverting the mob away from YOU.

Explain this to me. What would be his motive for voting for Piper if he was guilty and you're innocent? If anything, he'd be better off jumpstarting a bandwagon on an innocent.

And I didn't like Cerwyn's case against Plumm. He just rehashed the two points different people had made against Plumm, even though they were both mutually incompatible. It felt like easy bandwagoning. (Which isn't to say that all the quick votes on Martell weren't easy bandwagoning, but I'm pretty sure that was just a case of zombies voting for other zombies.)

This is pathetic.

You know what, I have to leave now to go to class, but before I go:

Baratheon. Martell. Tyrell. Myre. Tarth. Liddle. Hoare. Piper. Tully. Stokeworth. Reyne. I have a favour to ask from all of you.

I want you to vote for me.

Yes. I'm being entirely serious. Cast a vote today for me. And then ask Targ to do a votecount to make sure it registered. (Although it would be very thoughtful of you to remove it before the day's end. And please don't do it all at the same time, because eleven players is enough for a lynch. :P)

Kettleblack voted for Plumm and Greyjoy (who I don't think are zombies), and Webber voted for Kettleblack. I still suspect them, but this theory doesn't apply to them.

As I understood it, the main point was that if he really wanted to vote a low poster, why not add pressure to one who already had a vote instead of splitting the vote. The fact that Plumm could have been protecting me was incidental.

I agree his vote wasn't the best strategically, but what would his motives for doing this be if he was evil?

Hmm ... waiting to see where this goes.

Anyway, Cerwyn was more of a post and run than I remember, but I did like his reponse to Plumm. Plumm had tried to explain that he wanted to offer a choice in low posters for vote analysis later on, and Cerwyn called bullshit on that (and I agreed).

This is pathetic.

You know what, I have to leave now to go to class, but before I go:

Baratheon. Martell. Tyrell. Myre. Tarth. Liddle. Hoare. Piper. Tully. Stokeworth. Reyne. I have a favour to ask from all of you.

I want you to vote for me.

Wait, i want to make sure that i got it right. You want us to vote for you, and to remove the vote before the end of the day?

Archived