GoT Mafia Game 69

House Targaryen

a little late :tantrum:

I was switching back and forth from the timer to the thread, and I thought it just made it.

edit, not that it matters ;)

It is day 1.

20 players remain: Baratheon, Cerwyn, Dondarrion, Greyjoy, Hoare, Kettleblack, Lannister, Liddle, Martell, Myre, Piper, Plumm, Reyne, Royce, Stokeworth, Stonetree, Tarth, Tully, Tyrell, Webber.

11 votes are needed for a conviction or 10 to go to night.

10 votes for Martell ( Myre, Lannister, Stokeworth, Stonetree, Piper, Baratheon, Cerwyn, Hoare, Tyrell, Tully)

3 votes for Plumm ( Royce, Kettleblack, Greyjoy)

1 vote for Baratheon ( Liddle)

1 vote for Greyjoy ( Plumm)

1 vote for Kettleblack ( Webber)

1 vote for Liddle ( Tarth)

1 vote for Tarth ( Reyne)

2 players have not voted: Dondarrion, Martell.

I was switching back and forth from the timer to the thread, and I thought it just made it.

edit, not that it matters ;)

It is day 1.

20 players remain: Baratheon, Cerwyn, Dondarrion, Greyjoy, Hoare, Kettleblack, Lannister, Liddle, Martell, Myre, Piper, Plumm, Reyne, Royce, Stokeworth, Stonetree, Tarth, Tully, Tyrell, Webber.

11 votes are needed for a conviction or 10 to go to night.

10 votes for Martell ( Myre, Lannister, Stokeworth, Stonetree, Piper, Baratheon, Cerwyn, Hoare, Tyrell, Tully)

3 votes for Plumm ( Royce, Kettleblack, Greyjoy)

1 vote for Baratheon ( Liddle)

1 vote for Greyjoy ( Plumm)

1 vote for Kettleblack ( Webber)

1 vote for Liddle ( Tarth)

1 vote for Tarth ( Reyne)

2 players have not voted: Dondarrion, Martell.

is this a mistake or are you screwing with us?

What's your issue? It's night now, but presumably Targ is still writing the scene - we didn't get a lynch and the vote count Targ posted is how the day ended.

i'm stupid, Targ was responding to my post to Tully about him being late, so Lannister's idea about their being mod controlled alts came into my head and I thought that one of the mods had made a mistake and posted on Targ instead of Tully. clearly i'm an idiot that should be ignored.

Sheesh, Targ. Couldn't you switch between accounts more quickly than that? :P

Well, the good news is that we haven't lost a day because of the even-odd rule. The bad news is that we're still stuck with all the dead weight to clear out.

Meh even-odd rule is only marginally relevant on day 1

i'm stupid, Targ was responding to my post to Tully about him being late, so Lannister's idea about their being mod controlled alts came into my head and I thought that one of the mods had made a mistake and posted on Targ instead of Tully. clearly i'm an idiot that should be ignored.

Awww don't say that! You just go have a nice lie down and you'll feel all better in the morning! ;)

It was a long day of trying to figure out who was a zombie and who was still human, who was a red priest. In the end, no consensus was reached and Lannister tripped and knocked his teeth out.

It's night, send in your PMS....

no wait, I have enough of that already... just your PMs.

Lol if Plumm had voted Martell, we'd have got the lynch :)

You know, I think my love for Plumm may have turned cold. :mad:

I understand the frustration, but don't agree with it - my vote on Plumm is not just for that - it's for that and his poor explanation of it and defensive behaviour afterwards. To me he genuinely seems guilty. Not that I would bet money on it - it's day one! I don't think you're being harsh, but I do think you are being patronising, and the 'for reasons they can't explain well' could equally well be 'for reasons that I don't understand very well'. Having said all that, the fact you are willing to partonise me is in your favour because it runs counter to what I accused you of earlier. Maybe you changed your behaviour deliberately, but maybe the accusation was misjudged. I'll reread in the morning to decide

I'm afraid I'll disappoint you by changing my behaviour yet again and being all conciliatory and non-aggressive. Because now I see where you're coming from a lot more. I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to single you out with my comment. It's just that a lot of people seemed to jump on the bandwagon for what I thought was shoddy reasoning and unsubstantiated gut feeling. Particularly since there's so much blatantly scummy behaviour from players who act like Evil McEvil from Evilville, in the Land of Evillia.

I'm unsympathetic to gut suspicions of Plumm simply because I've got the opposite vibes from him. I really feel as though he's just naturally cranky. (Maybe I should at least reread him to see if I haven't been played for a fool.)

But I swear that being a softie isn't an evil thing! I'm always nice...except when I'm not. Then I'm really, really not nice. :devil:

I lost track of time ... mad at myself for missing the end vote. I didn't really like the vote for Martell earlier, but at this point in the day and with his his non-vote and lack of even trying to contribute ... yeah. Would have had no problem getting rid of him.

As for Plumm, I still feel like he has a high probability of being guilty. I am all for giving people the benefit of the doubt for their posting style and trying to look beyond that to what they are saying, but I think most of what Plumm is saying is crap.

And I'm with Lannister on Kettleblack - you really expected a finder reveal? I'm a bit speechless over that.

Lannister has got me thinking about the set up. What I think are the relevant set-up clues are these:

Problem is, that after a certain number of resurrections the person becomes a zombie. When this happens, the Red Priests have to keep tight control over the zombies or they attack random people and eat their brains.

Some “saved†leaders foreswore the Seven and became Red Priests themselves; others had been saved so many times that none of what was “themselves†remained, and they were little more than zombies, fully under the control of the Red Priests.

The second quote says the zombies are fully under the control of the Red Priests, but the first one says they have to keep tight control or they attack random people.

I'm inclined to say it's straight up FM controlling zombie alts. I think there might be a small possibility of mod controlled alts that act according to pre-set rules. If this is the case, it should be easy to figure out as they would likely not engage in conversation or put out new thoughts.

Another possibility might be that the zombies are in the hands of the FM as long as certain conditions are met. If they don't meet these conditions (keeping 'tight control over the zombies') then the mods would take over and post using this pre-set set of behaviors until ... well, until something else happens.

Archived