GoT Mafia Game 69

House Targaryen

Hoare, Liddle, Tarth, Tully, Stokeworth, Kettleblack, Piper, Myre, Webber...

Furthermore... I presume this was a list of players with under 10 posts excluding Martell (who got a lot of attention yesterday), and Dondarrion (who's a replacement). Which seems reasonable. However, you're only just above 10 posts yourself and really only one or two of your posts yesterday were substantive. While I do agree that we need to look at the low posters, and you've clearly already joined in more today, I'm not sure you're the one to lead the charge against the non-contributers.

I'm just starting my reread now, and I'd like to underline Greyjoy's earlier thoughts about the setup blurb. I think there's a strong chance that if the Red Priests don't keep their zombies active, exercised, and well fed that the zombies could start lashing out with random votes. It's worth baring in mind.

Hey, uh, mods? I think that Webber should have been modkilled hours ago.

I'm really pissed off by that kill. Greyjoy was one of a group of perhaps four or five players at most who I was certain weren't zombies. And it looks as though I'm going to spend the rest of the game talking to myself. I don't think this makes Plumm guilty, because I agree with Reyne that Greyjoy could have been next in line since I was more obnoxious active, and therefore, a more likely heal. (Uh...sorry, Greyjoy.) Greyjoy was the clear number two option. But it's enough for me to at least reread the Plumm-Greyjoy interaction, knowing Greyjoy is innocent, to see why I'm so out of sync with everyone else.

So basically, we're exactly where we've started off, except we've lost one of the strongest players. And it's possible that one of the zombies is under the FMs' control now. To be honest, I'm starting to get really paranoid. There are so many low posters that if one of them suddenly became more active, we would just dismiss it as, "Oh, Tarth is suddenly much more involved in the game! Good to know he's stopped lurking."

Like, I was pretty sure that Reyne was a zombie yesterday simply because of how vehemently he protested that a mod would never, ever control a player. And yesterday he was being deliberately contrary. But now all of a sudden he's all reasonable and helpful. Which could mean that he was never a zombie, that the mods are dropping hints to us on the motive for the night kill...or that the killers are controlling him today.

Either way, I'm going to listen to Greyjoy's dying words and look for players who fit the zombie pattern.

I am quite confused by Lannister play. He spent virtually all the last day trying to save me, which was very nice, but his eagerness is hardly undertandable.

I sort of realize that most of my end-of-Day-One behaviour was a bit--uh, unconventional. Since there are no symps in this game, I wasn't worried about making another player look worse by defending them. I did try to wait for Plumm to react to the case on him before adding my own two cents. To be honest, I might have suffered from a bit of tunnel vision where I really, really wanted my suspect to get lynched, and decided I didn't suspect the other option. It got me annoyed that no one else in the game could see what I saw, and so I went all out trying to get people to listen to me.

(And if Plumm is evil, then go me, I've singlehandedly lost the game for the innocents. The first time I'm ever the active annoying pushy top poster, and I lead everyone off a cliff. But I'd bet my soul that at the very least he isn't a zombie.)

Furthermore... I presume this was a list of players with under 10 posts excluding Martell (who got a lot of attention yesterday), and Dondarrion (who's a replacement). Which seems reasonable. However, you're only just above 10 posts yourself and really only one or two of your posts yesterday were substantive. While I do agree that we need to look at the low posters, and you've clearly already joined in more today, I'm not sure you're the one to lead the charge against the non-contributers.

I'm just starting my reread now, and I'd like to underline Greyjoy's earlier thoughts about the setup blurb. I think there's a strong chance that if the Red Priests don't keep their zombies active, exercised, and well fed that the zombies could start lashing out with random votes. It's worth baring in mind.

It doesn't matter who leads the charge. It just needs to be done.

House Webber has been mod killed for inactivity.

It is day 2.

18 players remain: Baratheon, Cerwyn, Dondarrion, Hoare, Kettleblack, Lannister, Liddle, Martell, Myre, Piper, Plumm, Reyne, Royce, Stokeworth, Stonetree, Tarth, Tully, Tyrell.

10 votes are needed for a conviction or 9 to go to night.

1 vote for Piper ( Plumm)

1 vote for Plumm ( Cerwyn)

16 players have not voted: Baratheon, Dondarrion, Hoare, Kettleblack, Lannister, Liddle, Martell, Myre, Piper, Reyne, Royce, Stokeworth, Stonetree, Tarth, Tully, Tyrell.

Lannister, I had no idea that "acting dumb" was a very unique phrase that only you could have possibley thought of.

Sorry for missing the lynch last night, but I have had a lot of unexpected things come up.

I need to catch up a little bit more, but I should be around most of today, so posting won't b a problem.

I should point out the final vote count had me voting Baratheon, but my last vote actually went on Plumm.

You expected a finder reveal on day one? :o

In a game where we know we have a healer, that really wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. We could even get a counter out of it which leads us down the path of choosing between the more likely candidate - though I would rather wait until the day after tomorrow if possible when we'll have three investigations on the table.

Martell.

Why? Because that's how I'd play my second alt.

Really? Good information to know.

Piper, it sounds like Targ has just removed the possibility of your theory (though I'm not sure, Targ's wording wasn't 100% clear...)

No, it was 200% clear.

Do you think Lannister might be my partner?

Why Lannister and not Royce? Is there a case to say Royce could be your partner? Something I may look into. Chores to do first.

Damn it. I was hoping we'd have a finder reveal before the end of the day, but no. I'm keeping my vote on Plumm for now anyway, as I've had no particular reason to suspect anyone else more, and I won't be around later for the end of the day (I actually went to bed, then remembered I should probably come back and post something, so had to get up again).

I think it is not likely the finders would reveal unless they had a guilty and they were not able to make a case without the reveal.

i don't think we should accept the fact that Myre used the same turn of phrase as you did in a post to the mods as hard proof that there are mod controlled alts. i find it highly unlikely that there are mod controlled alts at all and that the it was just a coencedence. it's not as if the phrase "playing dumb" is odd or anything.

Thank you :)

I understand the frustration, but don't agree with it - my vote on Plumm is not just for that - it's for that and his poor explanation of it and defensive behaviour afterwards. To me he genuinely seems guilty. Not that I would bet money on it - it's day one! I don't think you're being harsh, but I do think you are being patronising, and the 'for reasons they can't explain well' could equally well be 'for reasons that I don't understand very well'. Having said all that, the fact you are willing to partonise me is in your favour because it runs counter to what I accused you of earlier. Maybe you changed your behaviour deliberately, but maybe the accusation was misjudged. I'll reread in the morning to decide

I really did not see why so many people were focused on Plumm. While his ideas may not be the same as others, he put himself out there with them very early in the game. Not a common way for a killer to play.

Meh even-odd rule is only marginally relevant on day 1

Marginally? How about not at all.

how about we ask them 'is their gold in the village'?

I think the zombies ate it :P

I'm intrigued by the night kill, despite the obvious WiFoM that it entails.

It made sense to me in that lannister was the obvious choice, but also the obvious choice for a heal, so I would have suspected either Greyjoy or Baratheon as the kill.

I really don't like the way the lynch went down last night, or lack there of. It should not have been that hard to get the votes om Martell. My vote was already on him, so I don't feel bad for missing the lynch, except I could have maybe encouraged a few others to change their votes.

It really makes me wonder is Martell is being protected, if he might be a red priest. I am more than happy to return my vote to him today. Martell.

I should point out the final vote count had me voting Baratheon, but my last vote actually went on Plumm.

Why did you prefer Plumm over Martell?

In a game where we know we have a healer, that really wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. We could even get a counter out of it which leads us down the path of choosing between the more likely candidate - though I would rather wait until the day after tomorrow if possible when we'll have three investigations on the table.

Really? What if the healer has some sort of limitations? When was the last time we had a full, unlimited healer in a game?

(I do agree with the last part about waiting until day 3 or 4 though)

Royce had no interesting interactions with me, whilst Lannister had many. So it's interesting to know if the player suspecting us both thinks our partnership to be possible. It would help me to make my own opinion about Lanny.

Lannister seems innocent to me.

I haven't reread the entire thread. I've been reading and each time I came to one of the low posters I reread that person in their entirety. I stopped once I'd reread all the players with under 10 posts. The first thing I noticed is that perception of the low posters is skewed. I'm surprised that Kettleblack only has six posts (I thought he'd have more than that), and I'm amazed that Stokeworth even has four (I was thinking he'd only had one or two). The second thing I notice is that the set of low posters make a very odd reread. There is definitely something up there. I could believe any of them is a zombie, but I'd rang them in this order (from most to least suspicious):

Liddle, Tarth, Kettle, Martell, Myre, Tully, Webber, Piper, Stokeworth, Hoare. (I've added Martell back in since he belongs there regardless of whether he's already suspected.

A brief summary of each poster:

Liddle: AKA the fluffy avenger. Has posted next to nothing of substance despite having the highest post count of those on the list. Biggest though seems to have been about Lannister's request for people to vote him. Seems to have been around at crunch time yesterday but let us miss the lynch.

Tarth: Longer posts than many of the others. Most posts are reactive (responding to other's thoughts). Lots of game spec.

Kettleblack: At least seems to want to appear to be contributing though a lot of his thoughts are seem odd to me, and it doesn't seem like there is really a lot of content in there. Expected a finder reveal.

Martell: A little lost in the game. Has rather distinctive formatting. It's all already been said but a pretty good example of how someone could set up an alt so as to be different from their natural persona.

Myre: I though he'd said a lot more than he has. I think Lannister adopting him as his long lost brain twin made me think there was more there. Even the case on Martell that Lannister agreed with was only one line and that's really all he's shared.

Tully: A big load of nothing. I have no read.

Webber: (maybe modkilled) As a trivia point, seems to have cast the first serious vote in the game. Then disappeared.

Piper: Questions mods and votes Martell. Has a put theory about roled characters. I actually get a more genuine feel from Piper than from those above but I can't put my finger on why.

Stokeworth: Had done more than I remembered (4 posts). Why is Stokeworth near the bottom of my suspects? I guess Stokeworth hasn't been pretending he's been contributing. He started the push on low posters yesterday (yeah, Stokeworth did that :P)

Hoare: Has actually made more of a contribution than his post count might indicate (still not much, but what do you expect from 5 posts :P). Again, I get the sense that he's more genuine.

Basically there's not much to divide the list. Liddle, Tarth, Kettle, Martell and Myre all seem off to me. Tully and Webber I get nothing from. Piper, Stokeworth, and Hoare seem more like average low posting players.

Why did you prefer Plumm over Martell?

This was the last vote count before I threw mine onto Plumm:

5 votes for Plumm ( Greyjoy, Royce, Kettleblack, Stonetree, Cerwyn)

3 votes for Lannister ( Baratheon, Liddle, Tyrell)

3 votes for Martell ( Myre, Lannister, Stokeworth)

2 votes for Greyjoy ( Plumm, Martell)

2 votes for Liddle ( Tarth, Hoare)

1 vote for Kettleblack ( Webber)

I figured that activity hadn't been high, so having 6 on one player was better than having 4 on another and there was only about an hour left, I think, at the time of my vote. Then it turned out enough people did turn up, but vision is 20/20 with hindsight and all that. Plumm wasn't coming back, so there was one Martell definitely couldn't get, and blah blah. Low activity led me down that road, basically.

Really? What if the healer has some sort of limitations? When was the last time we had a full, unlimited healer in a game?

(I do agree with the last part about waiting until day 3 or 4 though)

There don't seem to be any footnotes from the mod saying the healer does not have full powers, so I have to assume the healer has full powers. Incredibly powerful combination, yes, but we don't know how powerful this zombie voting block might turn out to be because we don't completely understand how it works.

As to your last post Plumm, if it is as you say it is and you and Royce have little to no interaction, that would be the most interesting part of the whole thing. As I said, I'll get round to that when I have more time.

I figured that activity hadn't been high, so having 6 on one player was better than having 4 on another and there was only about an hour left, I think, at the time of my vote. Then it turned out enough people did turn up, but vision is 20/20 with hindsight and all that. Plumm wasn't coming back, so there was one Martell definitely couldn't get, and blah blah. Low activity led me down that road, basically.

Also regarding what I've just posted above. When did you leave the thread? From your comment on watching a movie and coming back with three hours to go I had the impression that you'd be around until the end of the day. You certainly didn't give the impression that you were leaving after you voted for Plumm.

I'm surprised that Kettleblack only has six posts (I thought he'd have more than that)
Same here.

Kettleblack made few post, but they are... solid. Only strange thing about him is that finder reveal thing, but even this is more strange than suspicious.

As to your last post Plumm, if it is as you say it is and you and Royce have little to no interaction, that would be the most interesting part of the whole thing.
Perhaps. If you are really interested, Liddle, you may as well to dig into this direction.

Myre: I though he'd said a lot more than he has. I think Lannister adopting him as his long lost brain twin made me think there was more there. Even the case on Martell that Lannister agreed with was only one line and that's really all he's shared.

I am trying but it is hard to get a handle on so many people. Most of the top posters haven't seemed suspicious to me, but the low posters aren't giving us enough to work with.

I feel like I am caught between a rock and a hard place. :(

I am trying but it is hard to get a handle on so many people. Most of the top posters haven't seemed suspicious to me, but the low posters aren't giving us enough to work with.

I feel like I am caught between a rock and a hard place. :(

Well I'd like to hear which of the low posters seem more zombieish to you and which just seem like regular low posters. I'm not asking for hard facts (my own breakdown was far from scientific), there's only so much you can make of 4 posts after all. Don't feel you need to look at the same group I did either. There are a couple of posters only two or three posts above 10 who also probably bare looking at.

...maybe I'll do that now.

On the up side, you doubled your post count while I typing all that nonsense.

Royce talks to Lannister and Reyne before making a first post that directly references someone in it:

<snip>

A good technique for testing whether someone is a zombie or not is to strip them down to their consituent atoms. I guess the closest we have is voting someone off though. I think we should test this theory out on House Plumm. Normally I'd suggest a reason here.

Joke vote on Plumm. First reference to a player, joke vote, no reason given (of course, since it's a joke vote). Good chance of distancing since it's a first vote, depends on how much Royce mentions Plumm from here on out.

A lot of joke posts before a post of some level of seriousness comes along:

I've been rereading the thread in bits between having some computer issues, and I just disagree with most of Plumm's ideas to this point, plus his reactions to other people highlighting them. I'm not going to pretend that those are the main reasons though. It's mostly gut and the fact that he is rubbing me the wrong way.

I don't really have any other suspects at the moment (I seem to be having a bit of a lazy day one), but there are several players I wouldn't vote for today (Lannister, Martell, Baratheon). I'm disappointing myself in my ability to get strong reads on players at the moment.

Another reference to Plumm saying that he is his top suspect. More distancing? At this point it's becoming unlikely. Plumm is a likely lynch, and Royce is effectively stating he doesn't have any suspects other than Plumm.

And that's where he happily goes to bed and leaves his vote. This seriously diminishes any chance of Royce and Plumm being partnered. I won't even bother looking at Plumm's posts for references to Royce.

Archived