Cast the movie(s)

Simas

Melissandre-Marcia Cross, Bree Van De Kamp from Desparate Housewives!!

Arianne Martell-Eliza Dushku, Faith from Buffy (or at least one of the Sandsnakes)

Jamie Lannister-Ryan Reynolds, don't know if he could pull off the blond hair though. But he'd be great at any sarcasm and snide remarks

Theon-Heath Ledger with floppy hair

Drogo-The Rock

Robert Barantheon-Brendan Gleeson

The Blackfish-Liam Neeson

Queen of Thorns-An older Sigorney Weaver

Cersei-Sharon Stone

Margery Tyrrell-Rachel McAdams, she's probably a bit old but....

I am not quite sure what I am reading here. Are there some who would suggest that Orlando Bloom is, is -- well in His Dark Materials, he would be a characer to has a daemon who is the same sex as he?

• 2 weeks later...

and the next ones:

Margaery: Ellen Page

Ser Gregor: Vinnie Jones

Joffrey: Cayden Boyd

Myrcella: Jenna Boyd or Anna Sophia Robb

and another suggestion for Sansa: Julia Winter

I guess I'm starting to cast the whole Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Kids ;)

and another Bran: Forrest Landis

my perfect Renly: Desmond Harrington

Stannis: Dougray Scott or Rufus Sewell

and my Robert: Angus Macfadyen

Also, if you want to save money, Gary Oldman could play every character in the series from Gregor Clegane to Sansa Stark. That man's got range.

I agree. Hire three actors (Gary Oldman, Johnny Depp, and Ian Holm) and two women (Nicole Kidman and Emily Watson) and spend a little money on special effects and make-up... there's your entire cast!!

Of course you'll need extras for the battle and crowd scenes, but that's not very expensive.

Jaime - Brad Pitt. I've never seen Jaime as even close to some of the suggestions here. Bloom or DiCaprio is much more Loras-ish!

Cersei - I kept thinking of Cersei when seeing Atia in that HBO Rome mini-series.

Robb - The oldest boy in the Narnia movie.

I love the idea suggested earlier of Edward Norton as Littlefinger. Haha.

Hello all :)

My vote for Ayra Stark goes to a newcomer: Cassidy Lehrman ... I feel terrible suggesting the kid looks horse-faced, but she does perfectly fit what I think Arya might look like (if not now, then within two years).

Chris

Great choice for Arya. I think a solution to the age problems would be doing what George intended all along. Make the younger characters a couple year older. A Robb who's 18 and a Jon who's 17 seems like it would work much better on film, and is more believable to todays audience.

And about Liam Neeson. he can be someone, just not Eddard. He seems to old for that now.

just some ideas, keeping in mind this would never happen in reality and is purely for the sake

of who i think would be the best for the role. yes, a film production like this would equal $1billion easy.

catelyn=connie nielsen (gladiator- she's beautiful.)

asha=saffron burrows (some shark movie from the late 90s- she's got the manly femininity down) OR lena headey (from the brothers grimm- horrible movie, beautiful actress)

ned=christian bale (LOVE this actor- the only bad thing about him being in this role is how he wouldn't be seen for the majority of the films- assuming there would be several very long films- due to his death)

jon=em...kevin zegers (transamerica)? i don't know, i don't like many young actors out there these days and jon is my fav character so this is hard. hm..cillian murphy? oh i know this guy who would be the absolute perfect jon..he's honestly one of the best looking male specimens ever born. females on the board, if you saw this guy, you'd know what I mean. obviosuly i can't post his picture, but good God, this guy is NO jock/archetype of typical high schools, he is... .. a melding of the best looking male models. OK i'll stop now...but you all now know how i view jon? and my huge crush on him.

sansa= another tough one...oh maybe emily browning, from lemony snicket?

arya= em. lets see, perhaps ellen page? (she's gonna be in the new x-men movie) she's appropriately tomboyish/potentially pretty.

jaime=i have to settle for brad pitt of the actors i know, but even pitt is not perfect. maybe some as-yet-undiscovered gorgeous blond model-actor with an appropriate amount of arrogance? i duno

tyrion= the little guy from the station agent, with prosthetics and hair dye

cersei- ugh i have no idea...perhaps angelina jolie (another of my obsessions- i've been told i look like her but thats neither here nor there)-> she didn't look to be able to pull off blond hair (life or soemthing like it? yeah, i thought i was among the 3 ppl who ever saw this film) but she is very cersei-ish, non?

dany- perhaps rachel skarston...or rachel mcadams? they're both really pretty, and the latter is a proven amazing actress. Goooo canadians.

and so i could go on, but this post is long enough.

btw, i'm new to the board.

Archived