Westeros Blog: The Mountain That Rides Cast

Congrats Mr. Stevens! This is great news - the enthusiasm for the role coming off the article on his website is palpable (the "Ser Gregor I am" one, with the timeline referenced in another thread). He seems like a great guy, perfect temperament for the kind of overzealous fan interaction he'll be dealing with once he's been onscreen and brings the definitive Ser Gregor to life. I for one can't wait!

On a side note, it's been noted that some actors don't like to read the source material for adaptations they are working on (see the recent Lena Headey article), while others do. Conan says he's been reading to get a better understanding of what makes Clegane "tick". He's a complicated character in that there's so much going on with so little to work with (insofar a dialogue is concerned, anyway). With the research and (hopefully) excellent direction I expect Ser Gregor to be one of those iconic characters that you remember long after the credits roll...

P.S. Oi Conan! If you read this, you'll be needing to make a "fan" page on facebook lest your personal page be overrun with ASOIAF fans! :-)

Archived