Tell me about Longclaw

Hey everybody

I've been considering buying my own Longclaw replica, and just wanted to hear some thoughts from people that already have one (or if someone could point me to an existing thread). How is the quality? Would you recommend buying it?

And also, does it come with a scabard by any chance? Or just the wall mount thingy?

And note - I would only get the regular version, not the damascus (that's just way too rich for my blood)

Thanks everyone

I'll let you know how the quality of the Damascus version when I receive it :) Only 2 more months hopefully...

Btw, on the Valyrian STeel facebook there are some people with Longclaws so maybe you could ask them.

One thing I know is that they don't come with a scabbard, though they fit with the universal large scabbard I believe.

I bought the regular (non-Damascus version) of Longclaw. At the time I order it you it was without a scabbard but with a plaque.

I like it very much but I would only recommend for the hardcore-nurd-like fans ;)

I bought the regular (non-Damascus version) of Longclaw. At the time I order it you it was without a scabbard but with a plaque.

I like it very much but I would only recommend for the hardcore-nurd-like fans ;)

Oh my a fellow dutchie.

Moest je invoerrechten betalen, want dan gaat het mij nog wel 100 euro extra kosten en 't zou fijn zijn als dat niet 't geval was :( :P

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everybody

I've been considering buying my own Longclaw replica, and just wanted to hear some thoughts from people that already have one (or if someone could point me to an existing thread). How is the quality? Would you recommend buying it?

And also, does it come with a scabard by any chance? Or just the wall mount thingy?

And note - I would only get the regular version, not the damascus (that's just way too rich for my blood)

Thanks everyone

Mine arrived about a week ago. I'm far from an expert on such, but it appears to be very well made, and is quite heavy. I don't believe that it is intended for actual use in the sense of hacking at objects, as the metal might be prone to fracture. Not a complaint, swords intended for re-enactment tourney use and the like are made differently in terms of metal composition from what I have read. It did not come with a scabbard. The blade from tip [ pointy end ;) ] to the hilt is about 39 inches and about 2-11/16 inches wide at the hilt, so a scabbard would have to accommodate those dimensions. It would be best, or essential, to be worn on the shoulder or on the back due to the length.

In summary, I am pleased with it and do not regret the purchase.

---Ken

Knight of the Cheesesteak and City of Bayonne

Archived