A Game Of Thrones discussion

DragonAge93

I thought the last chapter to A Game of Thrones was the best chapter i've ever read! That was just awesome! And finally the Daenerys girl got something going for her. After losing her babies.. her clan... and oh yeh her butt kicking husband

Did anyone else think that the drugs Drogo stopped using were actually hurting him more? I just read somewhere that someone thought he died because he refused to use them (being bullheaded).

I thought the last chapter to A Game of Thrones was the best chapter i've ever read! That was just awesome! And finally the Daenerys girl got something going for her. After losing her babies.. her clan... and oh yeh her butt kicking husband

Did anyone else think that the drugs Drogo stopped using were actually hurting him more? I just read somewhere that someone thought he died because he refused to use them (being bullheaded).

Alex, that was me:

While Mirri says later on that she was dishonest with her promises of healing, what she prescribed seemed to make sense from a medical standpoint. (I'm not in the medical profession, this is just based on layman's knowledge.) His wound sounded like it had gotten infected, both before she aplied a poultice and after he tore it off. Drogo tore it off because it burned and itched.I figure she made it that way to let heat seep through his body and kill off the infection. She also told him not to drink alcohol. This makes sense, since booze can weaken your immune system. Had he kept to her instructions for healing, I think he would have lived and regained his warrior's strength. But Mirri wanted him to die, you say? I think she knew all along that this wasn't the sort of man to keep to any of her medical advice. Drogo was too prideful and macho, and he died from not following his healer's orders, just like the healer knew would happen.

Archived