AGOT Mafia Game n= May 2011.

House Targaryen

Sure I'm not in any rush to see what happens next. Vaguely exciting.

The largest wagon is terrible, and I've no idea why people are still on it. Mina why are you even needing to re-read the thread to decide.

Sooty? What? No don't see that.

Kraka (sorry i'm terrible with names) bad vote still.

Edward's weird. Need to look in to that. Has an odd fixation with me, and I aint even Bella. Also kinda mad I didn't get to be sparkly ftr.

Why is it a bad vote?

I haven't fixated on you in a long time. Simply put, I need to see what you do next which is why I'm not voting for you. I dislike that you don't post reasons because tomorrow, it'll be very easy for you to change your mind as all you'll have to say is "probably guilty". People are saying you play this way as innocent but it seems pretty obvious that it wouldn't be that much of a stretch for you to play this way as evil. Again, will have to see what you do tomorrow and the outcome of today's lynch.

And he voted him. *facepalm*

I have some clues Symp-related clues.

1)Miss Marple's posts often follows by Humpty Dumpty's. Sometimes within 2 min interval. Which makes me think that Marple waiting the right time to post.

Also, Marple edit her posts in quite interesting manner: she insert things like "your/you're + :rolleyes: ". I don't know maybe I just paranoid but I read it "I'm yours"

I know it's not the strong tell and fining Symp's clues is not the best thing to do that early in the game. But I see thing like this constantly which makes me mad:

Just want to tell that if Humpty Dumpty filps FM, we have someone to watch very closely: Miss Marple.

I have a life, so I post when I can :P I am also running another game and that takes a bit of my time

about the edit thing: it is normally polite to let people what it was that you edited---for me, I was tired and posted the wrong "your"

and btw, you should not edit out major content

Barbie, if I wind up in a final three with you and Simba, and you vote me because of that airtight case proving that Marple is my symp, I just want you to know that I will literally fly over to Russia and dismember you.

For one thing, Marple's posts keep following mine because I keep attacking her and asking direct questions.

Malc is definitely a very insightful player, but I've learned to not expect much from him on day 1. He usually doesn't get going until later.

Reading back over his posts, the one thing that stands out to me is his response to my question toward Mina, followed by his inaccurate assessment of how I play when innocent/evil. But those are just minor things, and right now he's only in the middle of my suspect list.

Hey, Simba, what changed from this:

Posting from phone. Something very strange about Malcolm. He always argues to not vote me on day 1 unless case is airtight b/c I'm "too valuable", but now he wants to lynch me with no case? Complete contradiction. Will explain more and vote for him when I get to a computer.

There is not enough :bang: in the world for this post, SGB.

1)Miss Marple's posts often follows by Humpty Dumpty's. Sometimes within 2 min interval. Which makes me think that Marple waiting the right time to post.

Or maybe ... they have similar schedules? Being on an evil team together doesn't magically make your work and sleep times match your partners...
Also, Marple edit her posts in quite interesting manner: she insert things like "your/you're + :rolleyes: ". I don't know maybe I just paranoid but I read it "I'm yours"
Your/you're is a common English error/typo - this is as paranoid as my joke of finding the letters of S Y M P in Kat's player list. I was joking. You aren't.

Am I the only one who sees that this case worded bad? "I kinda know Ernst Blofeld flips town, but I gonna vote him anyways". Dammit spot it! Since there is a better ways to direct your vote, not vote person you suspect to be innocent.
If there is a single person in this game who you actually believe, this early on, is more likely to flip guilty than innocent, then you either have a vastly overinflated opinion of your scum-detection abilities, or you already know because you're evil too.

Yes I aimed for people with low profile. But is that an easy targets at all?
Absolutely. Let's clarify: you didn't just aim for low profile, you cast a wide net of general suspicion on the low-profile posters, without, IIRC, even mentioning that their quietness was why you chose them. Nothing you did was inciting any kind of discussion or response from the people you 'suspected'. And since they were already low profile, they were extra-unlikely to respond. I can't think of any more fruitless way to try to ferret out evil than that.

It is day 1.

14 players remain: Edward, Ernst Blofeld, Garfield, Humpty Dumpty, Igor, Joseph Starlin, Krakatoa, Miss Marple, Puff the Magic Dragon, Showgirl Barbie, Simba, Sooty, The Mummy, Wonder Woman.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or 7 to go to night.

5 votes for Ernst Blofeld (Miss Marple, The Mummy, Krakatoa, Wonder Woman, Joseph Starlin)

5 votes for Joseph Starlin (Garfield, Puff the Magic Dragon, Igor, Ernst Blofeld, Simba)

2 votes for Krakatoa (Edward, Sooty)

1 vote for Edward (Showgirl Barbie)

1 vote for Sooty (Humpty Dumpty)

Sorry Humpty. Correct count

1 hour 40 mins

Since you ask so nicely Edward. But when you vote without bolding please make sure nothing else other than "Vote Alt name" is in the post. you can put reasons in the one before

Barbie, if I wind up in a final three with you and Simba, and you vote me because of that airtight case proving that Marple is my symp, I just want you to know that I will literally fly over to Russia and dismember you.

Don't let that worry you. I tend to rethink my positions, sometimes twice and more times in a day.

Absolutely. Let's clarify: you didn't just aim for low profile, you cast a wide net of general suspicion on the low-profile posters, without, IIRC, even mentioning that their quietness was why you chose them. Nothing you did was inciting any kind of discussion or response from the people you 'suspected'. And since they were already low profile, they were extra-unlikely to respond. I can't think of any more fruitless way to try to ferret out evil than that.

I agree with this completely. Nothing Barbie said made me want to post more. Time made me post more. He voted me when I had 1 post yet hasn't directed any questions or comments to me since other than say I'm a "lurking" FM.

Shit, um, I accidentally posted those quotes out of order.

Take two:

Posting from phone. Something very strange about Malcolm. He always argues to not vote me on day 1 unless case is airtight b/c I'm "too valuable", but now he wants to lynch me with no case? Complete contradiction. Will explain more and vote for him when I get to a computer.

Hey, Simba, what changed from this:

Malc is definitely a very insightful player, but I've learned to not expect much from him on day 1. He usually doesn't get going until later.

Reading back over his posts, the one thing that stands out to me is his response to my question toward Mina, followed by his inaccurate assessment of how I play when innocent/evil. But those are just minor things, and right now he's only in the middle of my suspect list.

Malc had already voted for you at that point.

It is day 1.

14 players remain: Edward, Ernst Blofeld, Garfield, Humpty Dumpty, Igor, Joseph Starlin, Krakatoa, Miss Marple, Puff the Magic Dragon, Showgirl Barbie, Simba, Sooty, The Mummy, Wonder Woman.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or 7 to go to night.

5 votes for Ernst Blofeld (Miss Marple, The Mummy, Krakatoa, Wonder Woman, Joseph Starlin)

5 votes for Joseph Starlin (Garfield, Puff the Magic Dragon, Igor, Ernst Blofeld, Simba)

2 votes for Krakatoa (Edward, Sooty)

1 vote for Edward (Showgirl Barbie)

1 vote for Sooty (Humpty Dumpty)

Sorry Humpty. Correct count

1 hour 40 mins

Since you ask so nicely Edward. But when you vote without bolding please make sure nothing else other than "Vote Alt name" is in the post. you can put reasons in the one before

Wow, kurokaze wasn't kidding about Whiskeyjack being impossible to lynch. Even when you try to vote him, it won't be counted. :P

Jora, I had voted against Simba, and after that I started to think that he is innocent.

And, that vote was like a fake vote. I played so a lot, so I can find some reasons beiing FM about any of you, if I want. And I did it with Simba. I just wanted to see his reaction.

And when I voted against Garfield I didn't see that he is newbie. So after that I didn't pressure at him because he is new, and it wili give me (or smbdy else) none of information.

I should finish describe reasons of things I done before.%)

Ok, I re-read the part of thread.

Krakatoa.

Because she voted against me, but I wasn't at the top of her list.

And I disagree with a lot of things she said.

And some of good players here also said that she is suspicious, so it's not just my gut.

I am the leader of voting and my experience says that without any new extra information, or very good new ideas I will die.

So, one thing that I want to say :

Guys, you are flooding so a lot. %) I have never seen so big amount of posts.

I thought that I write too a lot, but now I understand that it's not true.)

Why is it a bad vote?

I haven't fixated on you in a long time. Simply put, I need to see what you do next which is why I'm not voting for you. I dislike that you don't post reasons because tomorrow, it'll be very easy for you to change your mind as all you'll have to say is "probably guilty". People are saying you play this way as innocent but it seems pretty obvious that it wouldn't be that much of a stretch for you to play this way as evil. Again, will have to see what you do tomorrow and the outcome of today's lynch.

I'm totally gonna resist saying 'cos u wrong'.

Oh okay, the post your voting him for, I don't get it. It's not scummy, there's a lot of what I think is incorrect analysis, but it looks like a sincere attempt to analyse the gamestate. This is of course a whole load of waffle that could be covered by 'looks town to me'. The fixation on weird (comparative to what he's used to) seems more natural than say yours too, who seem to be just nitpicking for the sake of it without really seemingly in any way interested in figuring out my alignment.

Your summisation of me being able to get away with stuff is accurate in theory, but not really how I play. Also no more easy to change my mind than anyone else.

I agree with this completely. Nothing Barbie said made me want to post more. Time made me post more. He voted me when I had 1 post yet hasn't directed any questions or comments to me since other than say I'm a "lurking" FM.

Oh, I see. Overdefensive again.

Why I should questioning you if noone else support me on this? Or what types of questions do you expect? I see the lurking FM and I vote. It's as simple as rolling off a log.

Wow, kurokaze wasn't kidding about Whiskeyjack being impossible to lynch. Even when you try to vote him, it won't be counted. :P

Make your bloody mind up.

I've corrected you three times. 1 from not voting. 2. to Simba, then 3 to sooty. when you tell me I got the wrong S name.

Please vote now for the one you want.

Why I should questioning you if noone else support me on this?

Why should anyone else support you in this if you don't question Edward or give any reasoning other than that he's not posting much?

How do you feel about The Mummy, another strong player who hasn't posted much?

Archived