AGOT Mafia Game n= May 2011.

House Targaryen

I forgot nothing. I really don't see how you can say I can't be avaluated anyway, I'm being overly verbose so far.

I didn't say that you can't be evaluated. I said that providing your reasons helps us to evaluate you. There's a difference.

I like his anti Simba thesis. I've already mentioned it. I dislike he didn't voted him though.

And I know all would be laughing if I'm wrong, but I think Starlin is rather innocent.

If I recall correctly he was playing more carefully when was evil.

Hmmm. Not very good position. He is one of the good players, so he may play different ways with the same role, or one way with different roles.

And for me, it's too small to say who Joseph is (even counting that I played with him). I need more posts and more information about his position in this game.

@ Krakatoa

1)I know Ernst Blofeld. Had been played with him in around 10 games or more. His play sticks with his town(innocent) meta.

Very much this:

2)Garfield is total newbie. So it's normal for him to "attempt to fit in".

Remove your vote or I'll call you scumFM who looking for some easy lynch.

Well, I don't know you, so this is all I got:

No.

You're not the boss of me. :P

I have previous experience on mafiascum. I know Mina and Igor pretty well and I know Showgirl Barbie a little. He was recently in a game I modded.

Had a read but I think I am going to have to go though the thread again to get used to the slightly style difference here.

Showgirl Barbie spent a lot of the early game doing zero scum hunting. Jora, did you get any reads of people and their reactions to you stating we should go straight to night?

I expected Humpty's vote for me, Igor is right and she's the reason I'm here. Her opening post though was a little off.. I think Igor hit the nail on the head felt nervous.

Simba fighting Igor's town reads so hard so early sets of an alarm however, scum (FM I think you call them here?) don't like town calling each other town. Makes them uneasy. That's enough to earn my early vote

Simba

SB/HD/Simba are my current top reads for bad guys. Maybe Garfield as well, we'll see. Everyone else kinda blends in together, not sure if that is because I'm new here, or they are just null.

Accept Igor though. He's probtown.

He protects himself more than sombedy else (as for me). Killers more frequent than citizens defence themselves a lot.

Where exactly did I over-defend myself? Provide a quote.

He argued a lot with Igor but didn't even asked me with same reasons, why I said that Barbie is innocent.

When did you say that? Looking back through your posts, all I can find is when you called him 'peaceful'. Was that supposed to be the same as innocent?

He was suspected by Joseph, so he would be great as the second person, who may be hanged up.

This language barrier is proving to be a challenge. I'm sorry, but I really have no clue what you're saying here.

I like his anti Simba thesis. I've already mentioned it. I dislike he didn't voted him though.

His 'thesis' was based on (incorrect) meta analysis. You've never played a game with me before. So how could you like it?

Well, I don't know you, so this is all I got:

No.

You're not the boss of me. :P

Ok. Fine. Thats even better.

I found out that my vote was somewhat sort of OMGUS since Edward had voted me.

I really dislike your case on Garfield, it is scummyest thing I've seen so far.

vote Krakatoa

Simba fighting Igor's town reads so hard so early sets of an alarm however, scum (FM I think you call them here?) don't like town calling each other town. Makes them uneasy. That's enough to earn my early vote

Simba

I didn't fight his reads. I asked for an explanation, so we could get more information (about both him and the people he was commenting about). That's a pretty blatant misrepresentation of my posts.

Sooty

Accept Igor though. He's probtown.

This is getting to be fairly unbelievable. If you are going to call somebody innocent or suspicious or guilty....then provide a reason. Without a reason, your post/vote is much less useful than it could be.

I wish Piper was playing. He'd be going nuts right now.

It is day 1.

14 players remain: Edward., Ernst Blofeld, Garfield, Humpty Dumpty, Igor, Joseph Starlin, Krakatoa, Miss Marple, Puff the Magic Dragon, Showgirl Barbie, Simba, Sooty, The mummy, Wonder Woman.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or 7 to go to night.

4 votes for Joseph Starlin (Garfield, Wonder Woman, Puff the Magic Dragon, Igor)

2 votes for Simba (Ernst Blofeld, Sooty)

2 vote for Sooty (Humpty Dumpty, Simba)

1 vote for Edward. (Miss Marple)

1 vote for Garfield (Krakatoa)

1 vote for Krakatoa (Showgirl Barbie)

1 vote for Showgirl Barbie (Edward.)

1 vote for Wonder Woman (Joseph Starlin)

1 players have not voted: The mummy.

Where exactly did I over-defend myself? Provide a quote.

For example.

Edit:

This conversation betwen you and me is the second example.

Voting against person who voted agaonst you is the third one.

Do you realy want me to make this list longer?:)

When did you say that? Looking back through your posts, all I can find is when you called him 'peaceful'. Was that supposed to be the same as innocent?

Yep.

This language barrier is proving to be a challenge. I'm sorry, but I really have no clue what you're saying here.

During normal voting there are few people who have got more votes than other. Right now Joseph is one who has a lot of votes. I wanted that second one who has a lot of votes would be you.

Ok. Fine. Thats even better.

I found out that my vote was somewhat sort of OMGUS since Edward had voted me.

I really dislike your case on Garfield, it is scummyest thing I've seen so far.

vote Krakatoa

It wasn't even a case, it was an observation. I'm going to keep voting for people until they respond in some way, and then gauge their response. That's how I play, so deal with it.

Hoping for a vote count, though. I'm mildly suspicious about what looks like a trend toward voting for Simba, who I don't actually suspect at all yet. Maybe it's just a situation of people from different sites coming together, but.... :unsure: Looks mildly opportunistic.

It wasn't even a case, it was an observation. I'm going to keep voting for people until they respond in some way, and then gauge their response. That's how I play, so deal with it.

Hoping for a vote count, though. I'm mildly suspicious about what looks like a trend toward voting for Simba, who I don't actually suspect at all yet. Maybe it's just a situation of people from different sites coming together, but.... :unsure: Looks mildly opportunistic.

I agree Ernst Blofeld for his opportunistic vote of Simba

Looks mildly opportunistic.

Yes. I glad we have some joint thoughts. I tend to use my vote to make a conversation too.

Nope, I don't think I need to vote for you any longer. Let's get back to the subject.

Unvote

Currently I thinking that neither of Starlin voters are scums: {Garfield, Wonder Woman, Puff the Magic Dragon, Igor}

Or only one of them, in which case it would be Wonder Woman. His vote is nothing but OMGUS.

Back in my day we didn't hold with this calling people probably innocent with no information other than day one posting style. Not here. Everyone is a possible FM, and narrowing that list on low information early on is a great way to be caught by surprise later. Based on my own experience I'd have been amazed if Simba let that go, guilty or innocent (unless he was faking being someone else).

--

I guess we're introducing ourselves. I've only played Mafia here, and I played on and off from game 11 until about 30-ish. So I'm quite familiar with the players who played then: Joseph Starlin, Krakatoa, Miss Marple, Simba, The Mummy. I also vaguely recall Edward as a promising newbie.

--

Igor, I think in order to be verbose, you have to average at least three sentences per post. And probably having several of those sentences devoted to how verbose you are and how you don't need to justify yourself isn't helping.

Don't be so nervouse about him. I am just "throwing shit at some directions and looking where it sticks".

At risk of sounding defensive, voting for me does seem kid of scummy. This can be a pretty intimidating game for a n00b. Calling out a new person for sounding suspicious/trying to hard to fit in when they haven't said much is a great way to make sure new people keep quiet and hesitant. And quiet people tend to get lynched, am I right?

I've got my eye on you.

For example.

Edit:

Make it as long as you want. But I don't see how any of those points are examples of being over-defensive.

Yep.

Okay. Well, peaceful isn't the same as innocent. So I didn't pick up on what you were saying. Guess I can add you to the list of people in this game who like to make random statements of guilt/innocence without any sort of justification.

So, since you brought it up - why have you declared Starlin innocent?

Currently I thinking that neither of Starlin voters are scums: {Garfield, Wonder Woman, Puff the Magic Dragon, Igor}

Or only one of them, in which case it would be Wonder Woman. His vote is nothing but OMGUS.

Look back at those four votes. One of them is not like the others. One of them involves reasons, reasoning, and explanations. But I guess that one doesn't count because of this OMGUS nonsense you guys have come up with since I left. What is that even supposed to mean - isn't voting the person who voted you practically a perfect example of a WIFOM null tell?

At risk of sounding defensive, voting for me does seem kid of scummy. This can be a pretty intimidating game for a n00b. Calling out a new person for sounding suspicious/trying to hard to fit in when they haven't said much is a great way to make sure new people keep quiet and hesitant. And quiet people tend to get lynched, am I right?

No, you're not right. Calling out a new person is a great way to get that person to start talking so that we can get a read on that person. It's too easy to coast along if we don't poke the quiet ones - there were some famous evil victories won that way back in the before-times. Quiet people get lynched for being quiet no more than loud people get lynched for things they said, or medium people get lynched for someone's gut feeling.

ETA: And quiet innocents lose their team the game.

For example.

Edit:

Also, I just realized that all 3 of the things you mentioned came after you voted for me. So one of your justifications for voting for me occurred after you cast the vote? Either you're playing with a time machine, or you're making things up.

Actually I was expecting it (and it's partly why I did + the fact they are towntown), given that I've read some of his past games.

Simba's vote on Sooty is poor though.

Hey Simba what do you think of Puff and Barbie?

Archived