Mafia Game 78 - Tales of the Malazan Book of the Fallen

House Targaryen

If you guys cost me this game, I'm gonna be mad. :angry: Damn it's waaaay past my bedtime, but let me pull something together quickly.

I need to see it. I've said why I'm not sure about Silchas and I think Fiddler fits better; have for the last few days. Work me through the scenario.

No, none of those cases or points had aaaaaanything to do with my role.

Really? There might have been one point in there about your role but that was not the bulk of the case and you know it. The only reason you have avoided lynch was because of your role. If you played the way you played without that role, I'd have gotten you lynched days ago.

I'm going to go back to sleep for a few hours. Back in a bit.

Problem with laying down to sleep is that you start thinking before you actually fall asleep then can't sleep.

Been thinking about it and I can see Silchas as his partner. I can't remember Toc ever really pushing Silchas and Silchas did lead us to the conclusion that Sandy was dead for a few days when no one else was considering it.

There is Dassem's day one post where Toc is in middle, Silchas at bottom. Would he clear his partner if it was Fiddler? Probably not.

Why vote for Silchas at that point though? Distancing? Maybe. Will have to reread that.

Ok, here goes:

1) unSandy clears Silchas. Silchas was firmly in the suspect pool at this point and there were a ton of VPIs. Toc is untouchable until the wolves wear off. The unSandy reveal has the benefit of removing Silchas from the suspect pool. Yes, it's temporary, but it saves her at least one lynch where neither she nor Toc are candidates.

2) Silchas pointing out the "illusion" is just WIFOM that fooled you. As either you or QB pointed out, Team Evil knows there is going to be weirdness around the Sandy flip. They know that clearing Silchas was only temporary. So what do you do? You pre-emptively be the one to bring it up.

Just put yourself in the shoes of the FM for a minute. You get the benefit of clearing Silchas temporarily, plus you minimize downside by having her point out she is not longer CI. What's the fracking downside? In two days she back in the suspect pool, where she ALREADY was if you don't pull this gambit.

The only alternative explanation that anyone has espoused for unSandy's reveal is to "spread chaos." Come on, that's no explanation. Team FM should always have some goal. Getting temp CI status for Silchas is a goal. One less lynch to worry about.

3) Look how fast Silchas was to discount my analysis of post-timing to figure out who unSandy was.

Interesting to line up the Sandy/Onos posts (focusing only one part of Day 2). Blue is unSandy and red is Onos.

[snip]

My point? This means absolutely nothing except what you want to read into it.

Notice, Silchas isn't saying that my analysis of her is wrong. She is saying that doing this analysis at all, for anyone, is worthless.

4) Look how fast Silchas was to grab onto my idea for why the D'ivers should be good.

I think that makes a lot of sense.

No one else commented on this rather wacky idea I had.

5) Think about your strategy if you are FM today. It's LYLO. All Silchas and Toc need to do is lynch one innocent and they win. Unless one of them is coming under suspicion, there is NO reason to distance. This is a pretty rare situation for FM to be in. Now entering the day, Silchas was low on people's suspicions and Toc knew she's have to fight Tehol.

I had already suspected Silchas was the partner, but I wanted to see how they played today, which is why I waited for both of them to post before making my big post. I am VERY glad I waited.

Look at Silchas' posts today:

Damn, sorry about disappearing like that. Had unexpected visitors that led to unexpected drinks and no chance to keep updated let alone participate. Now I'm all buzzed and probably goign to sound a fool.

To be perfectly honest, had I been around I would have changed my vote to Tehol. Gruntle sounded so sincere and frustrated in his final posts.

I get this feeling from Tehol, this feeling that he's been subtly leading all the way most of this game but only in the last day has he let that subtlety go to become more forceful. To the point that his first post after the Gruntle results he's already pushing for Toc, who I think is VPI. Onos put it best when he said Toc's D'ivers role was a nice balance to the FM role Chaos used with Sandy. Why would they get both? Even with one FM dead that's five votes they'd control. Now ay.

I'm not going to place my vote on him just yet, but Tehol looks like the best option at this point. [ETA: and there is another Silchas post after this one that I forgot to quote that actually makes a case against Tehol based on having lynched all the innocents.]

As to who the partner may be:

I would have answered you. Now I'm not so sure. You're either making magnificent missteps or playing magnificently. I can't figure it out.

If it's not you then Ben has played a superb game.

Silchas thinks Toc is VPI (!!) because of my wacky game balance argument. And Silchas comes out swinging against Tehol, who is the one obstacle to victory because Tehol is gunning for Toc.

This is exactly what I expected Toc's partner to do today at LYLO.

And Toc does exactly the same thing. Attack Tehol and no distancing from Silchas:

And just in case anyone is unclear, I would be voting Tehol right now. I only switched to Fids because I didn't think there was a chance in hell enough people would swing to Tehol and Fids was my second choice.

Onos I won't vote, would have to be a damn good case on Ben. I really need to look harder at Silchas, but my gut is leaning inno and it's hard to overcome. That leaves Tehol and Fids as partners, because I know he will ask. :kiss:

And here goes Toc with his "reread of Silchas", which is starting to clear Silchas.

Blargh, I hate this part. Started reading Silchas and ended up reading the whole day 1 lynch thingie. We all know that Tehol and Fiddler's behavior votes looked bad, but we keep finding 'better' suspects. In the post that Silchas votes Dassem, he says it's for survival and a little suspicion. Eh, in isolation it seems more inno to me than FM throwing his partner under the bus. I know the vote came after it was pretty clear that it was between the two of them, but I'd think and FM would have tried to make it more authoritative, or jump on earlier. Not done reading Silchas, obviously, but it's a start.

It's not like there weren't lots of people around to make sure a lynch went through. This feels like a cop out.

All these posts were before my attack on Toc, so they thought they were in a position of real strength. Tehol and Fiddler were the real lynch candidates. So this would be TEXTBOOK FM strategy.

6) Where is Silchas? She was around and posting when I made my big post? But now she has disappeared. Also a classic scumtell, because they need to think and figure out how to play it.

I'm sure you'll find more if you give Silchas a thorough re-read, but this should be enough, and I'm tired.

I'm sure you'll find more if you give Silchas a thorough re-read, but this should be enough, and I'm tired.

Makes sense.

I'll have to think about it. My issue is that I'd have played FM more like Fiddler/Toc then Toc/Silchas which is why I was leaning that way. But you do make solid points, especially today's play. Then again, Fiddler did come out voting me and I always worry about the first person to vote on a LYLO day. Sigh.

Let me reread them both and see what QB says.

Oh, wait, there IS more. Go read this post (link). This is Silchas yesterday making a case against Gruntle based on what unSandy had said about Gruntle! Come on, that's hilarious. They actually had a lot of forethought with unSandy. Not only temp-CI'ing Silchas, but also setting up a case on Gruntle to be used later (because Gruntle was one of the less suspicious suspects). I actually am dumbfounded I missed this before, and can only blame Gruntle tunnel-vision. Sorry Gruntle :(

ETA: Note that she's latching onto Gruntle before the snowball really started rolling that way.

Makes sense.

I'll have to think about it. My issue is that I'd have played FM more like Fiddler/Toc then Toc/Silchas which is why I was leaning that way. But you do make solid points, especially today's play. Then again, Fiddler did come out voting me and I always worry about the first person to vote on a LYLO day. Sigh.

Let me reread them both and see what QB says.

Dude Fiddler's is not experienced over here, you can't import your own thinking on to that. I have been suspicious of him ALL game (an you!), and I'm over it now.

ETA: personally, if I was FM, I would have gone after Fiddler, not you. Which is why QB's first post today gave me pause for a moment.

Archived