Western Canadians

Crap, I totally forgot that my 94-year old grandpa from Switzerland is coming to visit, arriving at my family's place the evening before. For obvious reasons I really can't skip out on spending that weekend at my family's place, so it looks like I'll have to take a rain check on this particular meet-up. :ohwell:

But I really think that we should make an Alberta (or maybe even Western Canada?) BwB meet-up an annual (or even semi-annual) event. I think that could be a lot of fun!

Monday, you're just gonna have to make your own cheesy girly drink to sip on when you skype in! :cheers:

Branna, great to know another Calgarian. Are you busy the whole entire day? Is there a time you think you could sneak away for a few minutes of ASOIAF companionship?

Considering PM is down, there's really no way to know if the others are actually coming. My worst fear is that I would have an abundance of untouched food, and I would be sitting alone with my GRRM obsession, a jug of strawberry daiquiries, and a straw! It wouldn't be pretty. :laugh: Sis Who Swears promises she's coming, though, so no matter what happens I'm gonna have a great time. And of course it would be delightful if you felt you could join us.

You guys sooooo missed out.

SSW and hubby were amazing hosts. With hilarious friends.

We had prime rib on the barbie, girlie drinks and yucky beer (which I brought).

We laughed so hard we cried, I was introduced to the 'holy fuck what the hell is up with Roz?' thing, I've never seen the HBO series... aiii yiii yiiii...:stunned: and had a cherry stem tying contest, is it better to get it tied or swallow it whole??

Anyways, a night full of win! :thumbsup:

Also! The best fucking CAKE evah!! Black forest checkerboard...:drool:

P.S. Beets

P.P.S. Mints

P.P.P.S. (??) Alberta BwB FTW!!! :commie:

SSW,

Not gonna lie - I was really looking forward to meeting you Ser Rep. Ah well, looks like SWS and I are just gonna have to toast you in your absence while we drink strawberry daiquiris. :thumbsup:

Aww, thanks! :cheers:

It sounds like you guys had a great time! I definitely want to be there next time. Maybe we should do another meet-up in the fall in Edmonton?

• 1 month later...

OK, I've been subtly (and sometimes not so subtly) fishing for information to see if there are any BWBers in the Calgary area. It seems like there may be a few in Alberta, and even more in Western Canada, but no one knows of anything that has (or will be) organized for this region.

I've now made the executive decision to say that I will organize "something" on Saturday August 13th for any boarders who think they can be in Calgary that day.

Any takers? If there's 1, we may just hang out drinking girly summer drinks, playing the GOT board game, and having a hot tub on my deck. If there are more than 1, we can totally plan accordingly!

Alright Western Canadians, come out come out wherever you are! :grouphug:

Hello!

I'm terribly sorry for not responding earlier, I was out of town and things for a good deal of the summer so I didn't have lots of computer access, and I'm sad I missed this event! :( Looks like it would've been lovely. Thank you so much for the invite, by the way, it was very sweet of you! I'm in Edmonton and would love to meet up with you guys if there is ever another Alberta BwB event. So if there's ever anything like this again in the future, count me in! :)

(I would've PMed instead, but it seems I'm not allowed to, so, hope you get this :))

• 1 month later...

Archived