Mafia Game 79 - Game of Thrones Finale Party!

House Targaryen

Right, so I caught up, then re-read looking for the Varys case. And looking at the two I felt could be bad. And, well, looking at every post at one go, since the roleplay ended.

Sansa:

Dear sister, I have to say I liked your reply to me. You admitted that bandwagon was an overstatement, and explained that you didn't want a joke vote left on for a long absence.

Varys:

Dear spider, the votes on you were two roleplay votes later legitimatised without explanation and an admitted bandwagon hop. My poor, poor spider! It's hard to get a solid read on you, thanks to your excellent roleplaying. My gut is saying innocent.

Drogo:

I fail to see the over defensiveness our Spider picked up on. That's just not how your post read to me. I'm cool with you. I disagree on the killers having more to fear from the berserker though.

Renly:

Why did you choose to keep your joke vote on Varys, turning into a genuine one, but without giving any reasons beyond suspicious voting on him. Also, what suspicious voting on him? You and Ros's joke votes were the only votes on him.

Ros: I don't comprehend your vote on the spider. You also made it serious but without any real reasoning. I'm also not too keen on your retraction and statement that you might not vote today. That leaves us with no real read from you. It also leaves you nicely able to ignore the thread should you choose to, and coast through today. I doubt I'll vote for you over Daeny unless it's to complete a lynch, but I certainly won't hesitate if you are a popular choice. Gut says you are evil.

Eddard:

Daddy, you talk too much but say too little. Your one post of substance was mostly repeating the popular opinion. That, in itself, is suspicious.

Daenerys:

Scum scum scum scumity scum scum scum scumity scum scum scum.

The others: You haven't made a big impression on me. That means I wouldn't be averse to voting you off.

So right now, my preferences are:

Daeny

Eddard and Ros

Unmentioned people

Renly

Varys and Drogo

Sansa

There will be more than one regular killer in a 14 player game. The role specifies it as well. So if it is in the game, there has to be a minimum of 2 killers.

Ok, sorry, I forgot details of sleeper agent role.

Then, most probable settings are 2 killers + sleeper agent or 2 killers + regular symp.

Up to date vote count:

It is day 1.

14 players remain: Arya Stark, Cersei Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen, Eddard Stark, Jaime Lannister, Jorah Mormont, Khal Drogo, Lord Varys, Petyr Baelish, Renly Baratheon, Ros, Sansa Stark, Syrio Forel, Tyrion Lannister..

8 votes are needed for a conviction or 7 to go to night.

4 votes for Daenerys Targaryen (Jaime Lannister, Petyr Baelish, Arya Stark, Tyrion Lannister.)

2 votes for Lord Varys (Renly Baratheon, Daenerys Targaryen)

2 votes for Sansa Stark (Khal Drogo, Eddard Stark)

2 vote for Eddard Stark (Lord Varys, Sansa Stark)

1 vote for Khal Drogo (Cersei Lannister)

1 vote for Ros (Syrio Forel)

2 players have not voted: Jorah Mormont, Ros.

Hey Sorry I've been away for a while, just catching up on the thread before I go have a shower, but at the moment I'm not liking how much effort Sansa's put into defending herself from what seems like a typical contrived-but-what-do-you-expect type of day one case. I can understand removing a joke vote before going away (though it does seem over-cautious) but going to lengths to defend oneself afterward seems over the top. And despite what she says, it is an OMGUS case; seems to be designed to put people off making cases on her. I'll reread in a bit and have some more thoughts and a vote.

For the record, I knew I would be gone about 10 hours as I dealt with RL and was not leaving a joke vote on someone who collected voted very quickly.

You knew you were going to be back before the end of day. Not voting is not helpful.

Eddard Stark

Sorry but this is not OMGUS. This is based on you creating a case based on my removal of a joke vote. It is your reaction to that that really bothers me.

And you need to explain the part I underlined. Dany is more suspicious, but you voted me?

At the time we were discussing three suspects. Dany is more suspicious than Varys. You were the most suspicious (and thereby ordered in the paragraphs last) and thus received my vote.

And yes, this looks like OMGUS. Two votes and you're already squirming?

I also have a question to, if I remember it right, Eddard Stark. Was it you who's written that it was not a big danger for the FM clan to lose it's member in the first day? It just seems a bit strange to me, because in the games I took part in before (on another forum) that kinda thing was usually quite a threat.

Another thing that I'd like to know: What's the usual proportion of the FM players in the game(if there is one, of course)?

I don't remember saying that anywhere. Can you point me to the post you are talking about?

I don't think I'm qualified to speculate on an unJon game

It is day 1.

14 players remain: Arya Stark, Cersei Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen, Eddard Stark, Jaime Lannister, Jorah Mormont, Khal Drogo, Lord Varys, Petyr Baelish, Renly Baratheon, Ros, Sansa Stark, Syrio Forel, Tyrion Lannister..

8 votes are needed for a conviction or 7 to go to night.

4 votes for Daenerys Targaryen (Jaime Lannister, Petyr Baelish, Arya Stark, Tyrion Lannister.)

2 votes for Eddard Stark (Lord Varys, Sansa Stark)

2 votes for Lord Varys (Renly Baratheon, Daenerys Targaryen)

2 votes for Sansa Stark (Khal Drogo, Eddard Stark)

1 vote for Khal Drogo (Cersei Lannister)

1 vote for Ros (Syrio Forel)

2 players have not voted: Jorah Mormont, Ros.

Why again?

Why not? You are playing in such a closed, chaotic fashion.

You posted a vote in a misleading fashion that could have easily been misinterpreted, or later claimed to have been a mistake.

You are clearly unwilling to play the game, and I'd question how exactly an innocent benefits from that.

You seem to want whoever has the most votes (other than yourself) to be voted off, regardless of your feelings on them.

Your only non-flippant posts are discussions on setup / role distribution, an infamously safe topic for a killer.

In conclusion, you give me a few reasons to distrust you, and absolutely none to trust you. On day one, that's a pretty good reason to see you swing.

Why not? You are playing in such a closed, chaotic fashion.

You posted a vote in a misleading fashion that could have easily been misinterpreted, or later claimed to have been a mistake.

You are clearly unwilling to play the game, and I'd question how exactly an innocent benefits from that.

You seem to want whoever has the most votes (other than yourself) to be voted off, regardless of your feelings on them.

Your only non-flippant posts are discussions on setup / role distribution, an infamously safe topic for a killer.

In conclusion, you give me a few reasons to distrust you, and absolutely none to trust you. On day one, that's a pretty good reason to see you swing.

1. It wasn't misleading. I stated clearly that I wanted to vote Eddard. Your interpretation is irrelevant when I state otherwise.

2. I am playing the game. Just because you don't understand my play does not mean I'm not benefiting the innocents.

3. For now, yes, that is correct. It's not that difficult to figure out why.

4. Also a topic that killers tend to stay away from for fearing of giving up too much information about set up. Works both ways.

In conclusion, your reasoning sucks.

Hey Sorry I've been away for a while, just catching up on the thread before I go have a shower, but at the moment I'm not liking how much effort Sansa's put into defending herself from what seems like a typical contrived-but-what-do-you-expect type of day one case. I can understand removing a joke vote before going away (though it does seem over-cautious) but going to lengths to defend oneself afterward seems over the top. And despite what she says, it is an OMGUS case; seems to be designed to put people off making cases on her. I'll reread in a bit and have some more thoughts and a vote.

Jeeeze, I am afraid to answer you now as any answer is putting too much effort into responding. :rolleyes:

4 people asked me a question, I responded once, with just one post. How much effort is that really?

And I did explain my case is not OMGUS, it is based on his over reaction.

Arya, you are confusing me. You write my first vote being a joke when writing under Renly, but then later on say you don't know why I voted for him. Then you don't know why I took it off. I explained previously thin the same post that I removed my vote because I would rather vote off someone hiding behind few posts than someone who posts a lot. At least with a large number of posts we can find fault with them later on.

And here I am, still posting as much as possible. I'm happy to say your gut is wrong in my case.

I am still going to remain voteless.

1. It wasn't misleading. I stated clearly that I wanted to vote Eddard. Your interpretation is irrelevant when I state otherwise.

2. I am playing the game. Just because you don't understand my play does not mean I'm not benefiting the innocents.

3. For now, yes, that is correct. It's not that difficult to figure out why.

4. Also a topic that killers tend to stay away from for fearing of giving up too much information about set up. Works both ways.

In conclusion, your reasoning sucks.

1) Bullshit. You commented about a vote removal, then voted someone else entirely unrelated to the incident. Far too easy a setup for a later retraction, if you hadn't been called on it.

2) Bullshit. Refusing to comment on anyone and simply chasing a lynch, any lynch, is not benefiting the innocents.

3) Bullshit. Soft claiming sucks.

4) Bullshit. I've never seen a killer shy away from it. They can control what information they give out.

In conclusion, attacking my reasoning is Bullshit.

You knew you were going to be back before the end of day. Not voting is not helpful.

And joke votes are?

At the time we were discussing three suspects. Dany is more suspicious than Varys. You were the most suspicious (and thereby ordered in the paragraphs last) and thus received my vote.

And yes, this looks like OMGUS. Two votes and you're already squirming?

A Lady never squirms. *lifts chin high*

All you had to do was answer a simple question, something I had not understood, yet you can't even manage that without trying to deflect. This is why I suspect you.

1) Bullshit. You commented about a vote removal, then voted someone else entirely unrelated to the incident. Far too easy a setup for a later retraction, if you hadn't been called on it.

2) Bullshit. Refusing to comment on anyone and simply chasing a lynch, any lynch, is not benefiting the innocents.

3) Bullshit. Soft claiming sucks.

4) Bullshit. I've never seen a killer shy away from it. They can control what information they give out.

In conclusion, attacking my reasoning is Bullshit.

1. Really? You really think my master plan was to claim that I made a mistake and accidentally voted the wrong person? Hahahahaha. Ok.

2. Your opinion, not mine.

3. I'm not soft claiming.

4. I have. But since you haven't, you must be right. I'm sorry. I bow to your knowledge.

Arya, you are confusing me. You write my first vote being a joke when writing under Renly, but then later on say you don't know why I voted for him. Then you don't know why I took it off. I explained previously thin the same post that I removed my vote because I would rather vote off someone hiding behind few posts than someone who posts a lot. At least with a large number of posts we can find fault with them later on.

And here I am, still posting as much as possible. I'm happy to say your gut is wrong in my case.

I am still going to remain voteless.

Ros: I don't comprehend your vote on the spider. You also made it serious but without any real reasoning. I'm also not too keen on your retraction and statement that you might not vote today. That leaves us with no real read from you. It also leaves you nicely able to ignore the thread should you choose to, and coast through today. I doubt I'll vote for you over Daeny unless it's to complete a lynch, but I certainly won't hesitate if you are a popular choice. Gut says you are evil.

Varys, you are the only "man" here I find...useless

Plus, people pay double for your whispers in times of trouble and tend to listen to you, but a whore can tell if any man is friend or foe...and you are both missing balls and the title of innocent.

The joke vote.

I am keeping my vote on Varys even though I was the first to put the vote on him. The possible presence of a beserker must not cause the first voter to pull their vote when a lynch is imminent. IMO, it would be not be smart for a FM to put the first vote on someone due to the points previously highlighted by Drogo but if they felt strongly about someone being a FM, they would be a quick 2nd or 3rd vote.

BTW, I cannot stop looking at Dany

By not retracting it, you are converting it to a real vote, without reasoning. Just as I said you did.

So nope, no mistake there.

Then I didn't say you gave no reason for your retraction, I said I didn't like your eventual retraction, when paired with a claim that you wouldn't be around and might not vote.

Yes you've been around since, but it just feels a little too convenient if you decide not to be in a lynch later. You now have a pre-packaged excuse.

So while my gut may be wrong, the rest of my statements weren't.

tier 1: Eddard; Daenerys; Ros (I am not sure if it is the play style yet or the actual content, I just get bad vibes from her)

tier 2: everyone else

tier 3: Arya and Varys. most likely to be innocent

tier 4: Sansa Stark

Only ones I m not willing to vote, at this time, are Arya and Varys. I just don't think they are guilty. Anyone else is fine.

Seeing as we have five and a half hours left, and Daeny is unlikely to change her post styles (so I think everyone will already be fairly certain if they will or won't lynch her), I'm going to move my vote formally onto Ros while I go out for an hour or two. I'll be back in plenty of time for the lynch, but would like to add her as another potential lynch in the mean time.

It doesn't need to be said that I'll happily switch back to Daeny. I'd rather have her lynched than Ros right now, but I don't really want a pile on because she's our only viable target approaching deadline. The more potential lynches we have, the more information we get. Lets milk this coroner while he's still standing!

I'm also still not keen on Daddy, but ultimately Ros's attempt at a defence has lifted her half a tier above him, making him a firm third choice.

Eddard Stark, my apologies, it wasn't you, it was Khal Drogo.

Daenerys Targaryen, yes, I know that the two versions differ a lot, but the fact that one doesn't have to control his face and voice and so on doesn't mean that there's no nervousness when you have to play a mafia role here. But that's just my opinion. And thanks for the answer about the proportion.

Tyrion Lannister, thank you.

Archived