GOT Mafia 80

Piper of Chaos

I've given my thoughts for now. More will come when I've had a proper chance to form them. I'm not going to be rushed when we have 19 hours left... Especially by someone I suspect.

My vote on Harlaw was mainly me trying to pressure him and clear my head a bit by looking in other directions. I don't like this response, though, because his post where he laid out his thoughts was before the Lynchfield inch and he hadn't really put any thoughts out there since the flip. Looks like he either didn't know how to react (I think I only remember him commenting on the Swann kill and going on about him being the heal target day 1) or was looking for another point to latch onto, which he now has. He has heard us all say he looks more innocent when haring off after a crazy theory, so it's a good strategy for him.

Harlaw going on about heals and such and then Overton's reveal made me think that maybe the BP didn't realize he was BP either. But then the FM should have strongly considered the possibility of a BP and Inch's role reveal wouldn't make a lot of sense, right? Unless it was Ambrose they targeted the first night. Possible I guess. Anyway, don't think it's even relevant at this point.

Gah!

Trouble is that I fully expected evil Overton to claim healer at this point.

Everybody else confirmed they aren't healer, so there won't be any counterclaim.

But he claimed some comedy of a role instead. Why?

He is either completely crazy or telling truth.

Harlaw.

Why do you think an evil Overton would claim healer?

Why do you think an evil Overton would claim healer?

Because everybody hoped for healer reveal at this stage, and I thought it was too convinient possibility for killer to miss.

But now, after you noted that claimed healer would be expected to die next night, I agree I was probably wrong.

But, regardless, I still think it would be folly to fake claim a role not in the rules.

Overton and Inch defending each other.

Kenning defending Inch, while Inch attacks Kenning.

Harlaw and Inch ignoring each other.

Cassel attacking Inch, while Inch ignores Cassel (though I will note that he had Cassel on his 4th tier out of 5).

And Inch liking Florent, and Florent attacking Inch. :P

Rule and role clarifications by anonymous request:

No roles are used that are not listed. As stated in the original post, some roles may work slightly differently from expectations.

A person's role might never be revealed to them - that is, it is possible that there is no condition by which the role could be revealed except observation of its effects.

If a condition is reached that causes a player's previously hidden role to be revealed to them, it will be stated unambiguously. However, it is entirely possible for a role to have overt effects without reaching such a reveal-condition.

There is no 'mods lying to the players' in this game. If the mods deliberately give misinformation to a player, then that player has previously been given clear warning that something of that nature may occur. For example, if a player has been told that they are roleless, but they are not, they have been warned in the rules post that this might happen. However, if a player is the Arbor Addict, but has not been told, I can confirm that their penalty would not consist of a PM from the mods containing lies.

No way there can be three killers in 11-player game. And even a symp need tons of good roles to counterweight, where are these tons?

I also think there would be more roles out there if there was a symp in this game. Unless the FM got really freaking lucky and took them all out - not very likely.

Can we humour me and explore idea that there may be 3 FM or 2+symp?

Did I miss why you think this is true? If it is, it looks worse for you.

If I want to be back by day's end, I have to get to bed soon.

I think, I think, I thiiiiink I believe Overton. I've liked his tone and he's seemed genuine. (I know, danger zone) I liked his explanation for re-reading Ball and his comment on needing a break after Ball mentioned mod-kill. My sticking point is that he did defend Inch on day 1 and 2 (I have to go back and verify the day 1 thing, I think Harlaw pointed it out). I don't see the profit in this claim unless it's all WIFOM, and it's a fracking* strange thing to come up with.

I will consider him, but I'd prefer Harlaw or Kenning. Right now I think I'd go with Harlaw because his views seem more contrived. Kenning has been growing on me a bit, but still not sitting entirely right with me.

*I've been watching too much Battlestar Galactica lately.

Inchfield makes a blatant defense of Overton.

So now we have:

Overton and Inch defending each other.

Kenning defending Inch, while Inch attacks Kenning.

Harlaw and Inch ignoring each other.

Cassel attacking Inch, while Inch ignores Cassel (though I will note that he had Cassel on his 4th tier out of 5).

Just realized Inch defended Harlaw early on

Harlaw starting a bandwagon would be suspicious... But the comment itself strikes me as a bit too reckless by an FM for today. I would rather see Harlaw later in the game and judge them then.

And that leads me to Upcliff who felt the need to question Harlaw on his "bandwagon" - even though it would take 4 more votes to get a lynch!

Upcliff

Overton votes for Inchfield on day 1, but later switches to Yarwyck taking it from 3-2 with Inch top to 3-2 with Yar top. This is pretty much the point that the Inch train loses any momentum.

I went back to check this and I can't find an Inch train on Day 1. Where did you get this?

I went back to check this and I can't find an Inch train on Day 1. Where did you get this?

Inch was 3-2-2 up at one point, wasn't he? What I have is this...

1 vote: Overton (Kenning)

2 votes: Ball (Ambrose, Upcliff)

32 votes: Swann (Ball, Inchfield, Overton)

23 vote: Yarwyck (Cassel, Overton, Harlaw)

2 vote: Upcliff (Swann, Florent)

1 players have not voted: Yarwyck

Fixed

edit: Wait, That IS the post I based that point on, but it's swann he switched from, not inch.

Now I'm really confused. Why did I think that was Inch yesterday? I think the mods looked me up based on IP address and slipped some acid in my dinner. or magic mushrooms or something. To make the game interesting. Seems a Piperish move right?

Er, because you aren't interested in finding the truth?

Or because sometimes our eyes/minds play tricks on us, and we end up reading things wrong? :rolleyes:

It still doesn't significantly alter their interactions. In fact it means they had even less!

I'm in over my head. Drowning in the wine in front of me. Harlaw, do you still believe one of the two of us has to be guilty?

Argh. I don't trust any of y'all. I've even toyed with the idea that I am an unknowing sypm to Ball.

The Joker (Sympathizer)

You know who let the ravens out, but you won't tell anybody because you have a weird sense of humour. That includes that you deliberately left out every opportunity to tell the traitor(s) that you're on their side. Ain't that funny?

But that doesn't fit because I don't know who let the ravens out. It's at the point where I feel bad for even throwing ideas out there because no scenerio fits well and I feel like I'm just throwing more mud in the water. NONE of the roles as I understand them make sense to my situation and it's driving me crazy.

I'm in over my head. Drowning in the wine in front of me. Harlaw, do you still believe one of the two of us has to be guilty?

Argh. I don't trust any of y'all. I've even toyed with the idea that I am an unknowing sypm to Ball.

But that doesn't fit because I don't know who let the ravens out. It's at the point where I feel bad for even throwing ideas out there because no scenerio fits well and I feel like I'm just throwing more mud in the water. NONE of the roles as I understand them make sense to my situation and it's driving me crazy.

Honestly, especially after we were reassured by Targ, I am convinced of your guilt.You being guilty means that one of us is guilty.

Or because sometimes our eyes/minds play tricks on us, and we end up reading things wrong? :rolleyes:

Yes. But such thing happen somewhat more often when toy don't really care.

It still doesn't significantly alter their interactions. In fact it means they had even less!

Indeed. But it isn't different from your own (non)interactions with Inchfield.

Yes. But such thing happen somewhat more often when toy don't really care.

Indeed. But it isn't different from your own (non)interactions with Inchfield.

Freudian slip. You are playing with us all, because you are the killer.

See?

Freudian slip. You are playing with us all, because you are the killer.

:)

The Uber-Nose (Finder)

To maximate your efforts to separtate your garbage you invented a potion that increases your sense to smell. Now you're even able to smell guilt, but it takes some time (and you have to smell the feet).

At night you might use your potion to investigate one player.

Note that it says "one player", not "one player of your choice".

Archived