[ADwD Spoilers]Daario Noharis

fuelpagan

The discussions about the Aegon Targaryan/Young Griff being fake have got me thinking. If the real Aegon was taken under the pretense of protection, then switched with the fake Aegon so the fake Aegon would be in hiding. What would happen to the real Aegon? They could kill him. But if this was being carried out by distant kin they wouldn't want to be cursed as a kinslayer. They would probably dye his hair blue and have him raised thinking he was a nobody.

Then I wondered, What if Daario Noharis is the true Aegon Targaryan?

Now every sentence I read about Dany thinking he is too low born seems like GRRM screwing with me. It is mentioned several times.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the matter?

Supporting Evidence:

1. Prophecy says Dany must know 3 mounts. So far she has slept with Drogo, Daario and (Dammit can't recall his name).

Refuting Evidence:

1. Question on complexion of someone from Tyrosh compared to someone with Dornish background

2. It seems to many that Daario is too old, yet actual age is still unconfirmed.

Edit: removed the evidence of dragons liking Daario. I confused the conversation with Ben Plumm.

Seems to me the age is wrong. The true Aegon will be around 16. While I don't know if Daario's age has been explicitly mentioned, I somehow doubt that a 16 year old would be the successful leader of a large mercenary company. Additionally, I always thought his complexion was described as rather Tyroshi-- darker, sort of Dornish, albeit with blue eyes.

Seems to me the age is wrong. The true Aegon will be around 16. While I don't know if Daario's age has been explicitly mentioned, I somehow doubt that a 16 year old would be the successful leader of a large mercenary company. Additionally, I always thought his complexion was described as rather Tyroshi-- darker, sort of Dornish, albeit with blue eyes.

That's why I threw this out there. I don't recall what his age is. If he is a couple years older than Dany it fits. As we see with Aegon/young griff, dying the hair blue can cause the eyes to look blue rather than purple. Just as wearing a particular color shirt will bring out different colors in certain eye colors. My wife's eyes sometimes look grey, and other times look green depending on what she is wearing.

I say if Jon Snow can be Lord Commander, why couldn't a 16-18 year old lead the Storm Crows?

I like your idea but I think you've got the wrong Targaryen. It's more likely is that Daario is Mad King Aerys in disguise. Jaime actually killed a Saddam Hussein-like body double, and Aerys has been in hiding ever since. He assumed a new identity as "Daario" but, being mad, actually forgot his old identity. The horrible truth will be revealed late in book 7.

I like your idea but I think you've got the wrong Targaryen. It's more likely is that Daario is Mad King Aerys in disguise. Jaime actually killed a Saddam Hussein-like body double, and Aerys has been in hiding ever since. He assumed a new identity as "Daario" but, being mad, actually forgot his old identity. The horrible truth will be revealed late in book 7.

LOL. Interesting idea. But I don't see someone cutting themselves on a chair all the time commanding the Storm Crows and being this awesome warrior.

If the real Aegon was taken under the pretense of protection, then switched with the fake Aegon so the fake Aegon would be in hiding.

Umm...what? Either Aegon is dead, murdered as an infant with his sister and mother, or he is Young Griff. Why would we contemplate another possibility?

What would happen to the real Aegon? They could kill him. But if this was being carried out by distant kin they wouldn't want to be cursed as a kinslayer.

Distant kin? What are you talking about?

I say if Jon Snow can be Lord Commander, why couldn't a 16-18 year old lead the Storm Crows?

There's a world of difference between the two. The Nights Watch, despite being full of the dishonoured and dishonourable has certain rules and traditions in comparison to the more fluid "might is right" style of a free company. Even then Jon's position is a little hard to believe and is most a result of extreme circumstance and his birth. Look how its gone for him so far anyway.

If the Nights watch was a sellsword company ALliser thorne would have slit Jon's throat after the first week.

Umm...what? Either Aegon is dead, murdered as an infant with his sister and mother, or he is Young Griff. Why would we contemplate another possibility?

Distant kin? What are you talking about?

There are a couple possibilities I see. One is the Blackfyres being distant Kin to the Targaryans not wanting to bring a curse on themselves by killing the kid. Another possibility is the person who was supposed to kill the boy didn't follow orders.

There's a world of difference between the two. The Nights Watch, despite being full of the dishonoured and dishonourable has certain rules and traditions in comparison to the more fluid "might is right" style of a free company. Even then Jon's position is a little hard to believe and is most a result of extreme circumstance and his birth. Look how its gone for him so far anyway.

If the Nights watch was a sellsword company ALliser thorne would have slit Jon's throat after the first week.

Not exactly. Daario used cunning and manipulation to get the storm crows to follow Dany. He only had to kill 2 people. Prendahl and Sallor the Bald, and it could have easily been by trickery than any open challenge of combat.

Young Griff is either Aegon or an imposter.

if young Griff is not Aegon, then Aegon did in fact die during the sack of King's Landing.

There's NO WAY IN HELL you get an "Aegon" reveal in DwD, find out he's fake, then get ANOTHER "aegon" reveal. ridiculous.

LOL. I thought the same thing about the idea of hiding a fake Aegon for years pretending to be the real one.

If even Kevan Lannister has suspicions about the dead boy he saw next to Elia and the girl, I think we can assume Aegon did not die in the sack of King's Landing. Either he was taken away and replaced with the fake Aegon then killed. Or he is still alive. I'm simply contemplating the possiblities young Griff is fake and the real Aegon is alive. Then how would GRRM present him to us without being a deus ex machina.

If young Griff is fake, and the dead baby at Kings Landing wasn't the real Aegon.... then who is Young Griff?

How were Varys and Illyrio fooled into believing an imposter was Young Griff?

What you're basically saying here is that Varys conspired to switch baby Aegon with a fake baby, and then was conspired against in turn, having someone swap baby Aegon with a third fake without the knowledge of Varys or Illyrio.

Seriously?

Where are all these babies coming from with Targ-white hair?

The baby getting swapped once is reasonable. Twice is starting to sound crazy. When you consider that the second swap would have to be done by someone we don't know about yet, and the location/plan of the "real" Aegon would still not have been revealed, it becomes less and less likely that there's any chance this is true.

Bringing Aegon back from the dead once, killing Kevan Lannister and Maester Pycelle because of it, and then doing it all again? Really, really reaching.

So let me get this straight:

You're saying that the Blackfyres (via Varys and Illyrio) take Real Aegon away from KL, switching him with some common-born whelp (Dead Aegon).

Then once they have the Real Aegon in hand, they switch him AGAIN, with some Blackfyre descendant (Fake Aegon) and send Real Aegon presumably to Tyrosh where he grows up to be Daario.

It doesn't make sense. If they had the REAL Aegon in hand, why get rid of him? They could still restore power to Blackfyres via a REAL Aegon through supporting him.

Now, I'm not saying that Young Griff is not a Blackfyre, in fact I think that theory as expressed elsewhere on the boards is feasible.

There are only 2 realistic options for Aegon--

1. He died at KL and Young Griff is a Fake (Blackfyre or Otherwise)

2. He was spirited away from KL and really is Young Griff

I don't find it reasonable for the real Aegon to be spirited away, only to be shunted off somewhere and replaced with a Blackfyre. If they really wanted a Blackfyre to pretend to be Aegon, why spirit the real Aegon away in the first place? Just let him die in KL and then lie to everyone later, say that you saved him, and present your Blackfyre pretender.

Archived