Littlefingers mind...

The Fading Griffin

I don't think things are going to go belly-up in the Vale during WoW, necessarily. What it means is that Sansa's timeline is going to get "caught up" with the end of DoD and perhaps go beyond that.

I personally think LF is playing two or three moves ahead of everyone. And I also think it's telling that he reveals some of his plans to Sansa. It certainly means he doesn't intend to have her married off to Harry the Heir. From his perspective, why risk that? It's out of character for him. Even if he did see her as a kind of protoge, I think he wants to keep Sansa for himself.

Sansa is not in a position to run. Especially with winter setting in the Vale, where would she run to?

I do predict more creepy behavior from LF. I haven't re-read the novels yet, but it would be interesting to see what my perspective will be now that I know so much. It's going to make seeing all the foreshadowing, hints, etc. so much clearer.

• 2 months later...

Great topic. I'm on book three of my re-read, and Littlefinger is a lot more fun to pay attention to, knowing now what I didn't know then.

I agree that he is one of the very best at the game, and that he won't make it to the end. The guy has a tragic flaw, and his end will be either ironic or overstepping.

Either his protege will out-littlefinger Littlefinger, or the king maker will try to be king.

I'm looking forward to watching this play out. Nothing like a heel that you respect bringing about his own doom.

thanks man! it is my first thread so im glad i was able to contribute to the board.

i'm also in the middle of re-reading the story, im on the 2nd book though. i love the dynamic of tyrion-varys-littefinger-cersei, and to some degree, maester pycelle.

i cant see a way that peter dinklage wont win another emmy. what an amazing cast they've had for the show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

It's a good take on that, I think he is a little jerk for telling everyone that he had sex with both sisters although I don't think it actually happened with Catelyn and who knows with Lysa but it's still hard to figure out why he said it was Tyrion's knife and not Jamie's or Joffrey's..

If I remember correctly, Littlefinger believes he is telling the truth when he says he had sex with both Catelyn and Lyssa. When they were young, Littlefinger passes out drunk and ends up having sex with Lyssa...although in his drunken stupor, he had thought it was Catelyn.

Archived