Brienne at the Crossroads:

Jory's Shade

Brienne's story gets better and better... I just read the chapther where she arrives at the crossroads inn.

First, Gendry being there and her puzzling together he was Robert's bastard was keenly done. I hope she tells him if he is around after the battle.

But the most amazing part of the chapter was her fight against Rorge and Biter. It was the best combat sequence since Oberyn fought Gregor. It was also awesomee to learn that Rorge and Biter were leading what was left of the Brave Companions and were the outlaws responsible for the masacre at Saltpans and the raids along the trident. I love that Roger had Sandor's helm. Too bad he's dead and can't tell us if the Elder Brother's story about Sandor's grave was true...

This chapter is one of the many reasons why AFFC is teh awesome!

I just read this chapter...I agree,

there were some awesome parts. I especially liked how Brienne recognized Gendry because of his resemblance to Renly...that really worked for me! I just wish she had gotten a chance to tell him before she was interrupted by the riders...the fight was awesome, I must admit. I feel bad for Brienne though, now that her face has been bitten. The world was not an easy place for her before, due to her looks (and prejudice in a patriarchal society

Anyhow, can't wait to get more of her story.

I'm more concerned about Dog. Gendry said that

Brienne killed Dog, but how?

I'm pretty sure

Gendry was referring to Rorge, who had been wearing the hound helm.

And I agree that this chapter was phenomenal. Brienne really proves, in my mind, that she's the truest knight we've seen in this series.

I especially liked her internal monologue right before the fight where she notes that there are seven of them, and she doesn't have a chance, but she has no choice.

I did....wow.

I will be so sad if Brienne dies! I am not surprised that Catelyn was as 'stonehearted' as lady stoneheart. Death drove her even crazier than she was before...I really can't wait to read what happens. I am hoping that whatever Brienne said will be enough to stay Un-Cats hand and save them all, at least long enough for her to do some explaining or kill some zombies!

I think she says Arya

I'm curious as to why you think she would say that because she doesn't have any good lead on that girl. They'll probably just hang her again after she says what little she could about her. She'll most likely say

Sword

Knowing GRRM it could be anything! But I'm pretty sure we can count out

Noose

here, yeah? Obviously it wouldn't do her any good ;)

That was my immediate thought as well.

But then, she doesn't know anything about Arya, that Gendry, Lem or Thoros couldn't have told UnCat already.

Still, it's the only word that would make sense to me.

unless of course the BWB did not tell Stoneheart they lost her. They didn't know for sure she was taken by Sandor Clegane, Brienne, however, does know that she was in Saltpans and that she was no longer there and that the Elder Brother informed her about Sandor whom she believes is alive and on the quiet isle. You know the tall and quiet brother with the limp... Well that's my thought. So she may have said Hound, but I believe Arya would be the one word she would say.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think she said Jaime

[

That was what I thought when I read AFFC. But a few paragraphs in ADWD made me change my mind and see how riddiculously romantic I was. I'll never make that mistake in a GRRM book again.

And I agree with you all - AFFC made me love Brienne (I just sympathized with her before). One of the most honorable characters in the series. And look at her fate...

Archived