Visions Of Ice And Fire

VisionSOIAF ~ The Art of "A Game Of Thrones"

I’d like to tell you about my website Visions Of Ice And Fire.

This site is a showcase for artists inspired by George RR Martin’s series “A Song of Ice and Fire” and HBO’s related series “A Game of Thrones”. The site is being gradually built up – I add more art and artists every day. This is deliberate as the end collection will be so large (hopefully over 1,500 images by 200 or more artists.) At the moment the site features around 240 images by over 75 different artists.

The site is a collection of art from a wide range of artists, both professional and amateur, covering a wide range of styles and techniques. The art may be varied, but it is all of a high quality. Hopefully you will be interested in many of the different visions artists have of the characters and world of ASOIAF.

It is possible to find images of particular characters and places; and also images based directly on the HBO series. The tag cloud is at the bottom of every page. There is also an alphabetical list of the artists, as well as a regular update page that tells you what has been added since your last visit.

I hope you enjoy these images, and that they inspire you to get creative in your own ways. If you know any artists you think I should include, please let me know.

Finally, I’d ask you to please respect the artists, and their copyright. Don’t steal other peoples work.

Thanks - Jude

Great idea! So great in fact, I thought about doing it myself. Alas, if even 1% of all the e-things I thought about actually came to fruition, I'd own the internet. LOL. Glad you saved me the trouble. :wink:

Looks good so far. There's quite a few pieces I've never seen before. I'm especially in love with this Burt Durand fellow. I'll definitely by checking back frequently. Thanks for putting it all together. Great job.

I'm sure you already have a lengthy working list of Offical artists, but if you ever need any assistance, let me know. In my search of original ASoIaF artwork for my own collection, I've done a bit of scouting around the web.

Good luck!

Great idea! So great in fact, I thought about doing it myself. Alas, if even 1% of all the e-things I thought about actually came to fruition, I'd own the internet. LOL. Glad you saved me the trouble. :wink:

Looks good so far. There's quite a few pieces I've never seen before. I'm especially in love with this Burt Durand fellow. I'll definitely by checking back frequently. Thanks for putting it all together. Great job.

I'm sure you already have a lengthy working list of Offical artists, but if you ever need any assistance, let me know. In my search of original ASoIaF artwork for my own collection, I've done a bit of scouting around the web.

Good luck!

Many thanks KSC :D btw I'm trying to remember who painted your avatar. Remind me before i go nuts.

also email me on [email protected] I may have a very nice surprise for you, and I'd really love any help I can get.

That's the great John Picacio. You definitely need to get him on there.

Emailing you now...

Ah I knew i had that pic. It was the missing Sansa that threw me. I'm still on the F's - the occasional person from furthre through the alphabet usually had an online name from the first few letters, or they (or a friend) contacted me. The P's are a long way ahead ;)

I know I'm missing a few artists. As I said in the first post and on the site itself, I am gradually building the collection up. I have a list of well over 250 artists to contact, and as I have only got 8 so far, and as I am only on the Fs it goes without saying there are a hell of a lot that I haven't added yet ;)

The idea isn't to swamp you with 1,500 images straight off - it's to get you to visit the site on more than one occasion. Hopefully it means you look at more artists, and that way you might make some new discoveries.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived