Who should play Daario Naharis

Maria26

We might not see him until season 3 but I was wondering who'd you think should play Daario?

I always thought that they could bring Jason Momoa back to play him and of course have him with blue ahir, blue beard...or there's still Oded Fehr (The Mummy) who could play him thought that's not who I want as Daario.

i should play him!! just so i get to be in a sex scene wit emilia clarke!! :) oh if only!! haha

Love the responses to my ' Why are there so many Daario haters ?' It seems I was wrong and there are indeed some lovers as well.

Yessssssssssssssss.

Whilst I can see that both Sansa's and Daenarys' fancies appear similar, I also believe them to describe very different stages in a women’s life and very different realities. Sansa is a child, very romantic and more importantly naïve, whose believe in chivalry and true love are soon and very seriously put to rest. Daenarys interest in Daario is on the other hand very real . She is to all intends and purposes is a women, choosing to bed a man she fancies the pants off. Nothing wrong with that as far as I can tell. Yes, she knows that he is ‘wrong ‘ for her but mostly because he is not a lord or prince rather than his actual character. I suppose what I love about G RR Martin is that none of the characters are one dimensional, and instead they all display the multitude of human fallibility .

Hence, I love Daario, as I once did love my Rogue Lover. Yes, I once fell in love with a Bad Boy, and whilst the relationship did not last, our friendship did. He is my most loyal friend ever.

To all you bloggers out there please have a look at my selection of actors for the role of Daario!

Can we set up a site for peeps to vote???

xxx

I never questioned why Dany liked Daario. He's a hot guy and she's lonely. She'd been sleeping with one of her handmaidens but she is much more into men. She also doesn't like boy scouts. Drogo was a bad ass and she's sticking with her type. Dany isn't into Jorah no matter how much he likes her so she isn't beholden to him in any way. Besides he betrays her and is gone fairly quickly.

A lot of guy readers (and some women too I'm sure) have issue with Dany when it comes to him but that is typical of the double standard crap. If she were a dude and Daario a hot chick no one would question it. I'm hoping they cast well for Daario and he comes off better, or at least Dany's attraction to him is portrayed better, than in the books. Daario is a secondary character who never gets a chapter, he suffers from lack of pov syndrome. I'm looking forward to seeing who they get for Daario. It won't be a name though he's too small of a character.

I never questioned why Dany liked Daario. He's a hot guy and she's lonely. She'd been sleeping with one of her handmaidens but she is much more into men. She also doesn't like boy scouts. Drogo was a bad ass and she's sticking with her type. Dany isn't into Jorah no matter how much he likes her so she isn't beholden to him in any way. Besides he betrays her and is gone fairly quickly.

A lot of guy readers (and some women too I'm sure) have issue with Dany when it comes to him but that is typical of the double standard crap. If she were a dude and Daario a hot chick no one would question it.

:bs: Robb gets, and rightfully so, wholesale quantities of shit for Jeyne Westerling. Those would be at least quadrupled if GRRM had written about his infatuation from Robb's POV in excruciating detail.

:bs: Robb gets, and rightfully so, wholesale quantities of shit for Jeyne Westerling. Those would be at least quadrupled if GRRM had written about his infatuation from Robb's POV in excruciating detail.

Robb "takes shit" for marrying Jeyne even though he had an agreement with Frey, not for just having a relationship with her. Dany is smart enough to know she can' t marry Daario.

I am re-reading Dance and perhaps I wasn't really paying attention the first time around, but I think Dany's attraction to Daario is both realistic and a bit sad -- not in the pathetic sense, but more sad in the empathic sense.

I don't question her desire/infatuation with him. The buff, controlling bad boy is her type -- her first husband was a serial rapist and killer, mind you -- and so men like Jorah and Quentyn present little interest to her.

What's a bummer for her is both that she acknowledges that she has no idea who Daario is, and that one thing she is certain of is that Daario would not be interested in her if she were not Queen. Dany has strong feelings for Dany, and while we don't know Daario's true mind, we do know that Dany doesn't even think he loves her; rather he loves sleeping with the Dragon Queen.

As for casting, I am sure they will find someone suitable. Finding an attractive actor that can do cocky is not exactly a tough thing.

What I hope is that they (and Marting) resist giving him that Ryan-Gosling-in-that-Steve-Carrell-movie backstory that he just needed the right girl to bring him around. A lot of these guys are just dicks. They aren't all hiding a sensitive soul behind a tough guy veneer.

After watching Red Riding trilogy a year ago I thought Robert Sheehan would make a great Daario, he's beautiful the way a teen girl (like Dany) would love.. Now watching Misfits I'm positive he would make a perfect Daario... I think he could play dangerous/charming, and make Dany laugh- he's the perfect sexy bad boy that Dany would fall for.. I never thought of Daario as buff the way Drogo was, but a more slim/tall muscular build..

Sadly the actor may be too busy, he's a hot item these days.

Archived