Character who gets his leg/legs chopped off

Alan of Rosby

I can't think of any specific characters who get their feet chopped off in CoK. Although the most likely perpetrator of the act would be Vargo Hoat, leader of the Brave Companions. He is known for chopping off hands and feet of his captives.

What "type" of character could your friend portray (small guy, fat guy, warrior, peasant?) That might help to deduce the answer. Also since apparently they are changing small details to suit the TV show (Jaime stabbing Ned in GoT, rather than his horse falling on him,) and depending on how big of a role your friend is auditioning for, it could be Amory Lorch.

Lorch was a Lannister knight who

acted as Castellan of Harranhal for Tywin, and was fed to a bear for sport by Vargo Hoat, after the Brave Companions took over the castle in the name of Roose Bolton

In any case, good luck to your friend, I hope he gets the part!

I actually was mistaken, he got the part and filmed it!. He got back from Belfast a week ago (I haven't actually had a chance to meet him since he got back).

Anyway, he's a guy in his early twenties and it's a bit part so I doubt it's Armory Lorch. I'd say it's the Brave Companions though, they're a lovely bunch of guys.

I actually was mistaken, he got the part and filmed it!. He got back from Belfast a week ago (I haven't actually had a chance to meet him since he got back).

Anyway, he's a guy in his early twenties and it's a bit part so I doubt it's Armory Lorch. I'd say it's the Brave Companions though, they're a lovely bunch of guys.

Cool! Keep us posted with more details if you'd care to. I for one am interested in as much behind the scenes juiciness as possible.

He's given me some more juicy details by text. He says that it's a small scene with a few lines involving Robb Stark and Jeyne Westerling (or as he calls her, "Jeyne something-or-other", so I guess it's nothing to do with the Blood Mummers. I think it actually might be a scene added for the show because I can't recall anything involving Jeyne and legs being chopped off.

Anyway, stay tuned for more details. If he's going to credited I'll post his name. If not, then it'd be pretty sh***y of me to trample over his anonymity :)

I'm pretty sure Amory Lorch has already been cast. But there's been no word on who's playing Lord Goat. Does your friend have a lisp by any chance (not as if it's hard to fake a lisp, but I figured I'd ask anyway)? Kingthlayer! Thapphireth!

I finally wormed the details out of him.

He's playing a Lannister soldier (not a member of the Lannister family) who is captured by the Starks, who chop off his leg because of gangrene. The scene he is in features Robb Stark and Jeyne Westerling in some capacity.

He actually has dialogue, so he has to be credited. His name is Emmet O' Riabhaigh.

• 2 years later...

Archived