Loras Tyrell

Mattyp

Am I the only one massively irritated by his (pretty much) death? I think he is a really interesting character. He is this handsome ladies man, who has lost Renly, and used to be full of so much kindness (especially compared to most of the characters in this series!). For him to be horrifically scarred/possibly die completely off screen, as a result of Cersei's dickish actions really irritates me. It probably irritates me than most things have in the novel so far. (Obviously certain deaths have shocked me, but never this feeling of FFS I have with Loras).

I think I just really wanted Loras to come out on top of Cersei being a douche. I haven't quite finished the novel but judging by the remainder of the chapters I'll harbour that he isn't mentioned again.

Kind of hope it is all a big trick and he's perfectly fine. Either that or he becomes like the Hound v2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Even if he doesn't die beatiful Loras is scarred and burned. Wonder how Sansa will react when she learns about it.

I think that he will live and that he will help bring Cercei down. I want him to be the Valonqar, after all, he is the youngest brother of the Tyrell sons...

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like the people will love him regardless, from the way that the 'smallfolk' bid him goodbye. not so with the hound. its interesting, because he is kind of the antithesis to Willas (his brother) until the injury, so now it may be he who will be maimed as well. Garth the gallant to the rescue anyone?

Well, once you are done reading the book maybe you will want to take a look at this thread:

http://asoiaf.wester...spiracy-theory/

Thanks for the post. Very interesting and hope that it is true.

I found what happened to Loras somewhat annoying, especially since it happened 'off stage' in a sense. I thought GRRM's treatment of this was somewhat odd but after reading the above it makes sense. Curious to see if the theory is correct.

Even if he doesn't die beatiful Loras is scarred and burned. Wonder how Sansa will react when she learns about it.

I think that he will live and that he will help bring Cercei down. I want him to be the Valonqar, after all, he is the youngest brother of the Tyrell sons...

Honestly, I believe Jaime will end up being the valonqar, but i could be wrong..

i am confused about dragonstone. Littlefinger tels sansa that riverrun has fallen, and that dragonstone is still undersiege, but cersei get information of loras taking dragonstone before and she never gets info about riverrun. maybe someone has misinformed her about some things. mybe loras just went to lift the siege and ordered the redwayne fleet to go fight ironfleet, then secretly came back, or is waiting on the sea.

i am confused about dragonstone. Littlefinger tels sansa that riverrun has fallen, and that dragonstone is still undersiege, but cersei get information of loras taking dragonstone before and she never gets info about riverrun. maybe someone has misinformed her about some things. mybe loras just went to lift the siege and ordered the redwayne fleet to go fight ironfleet, then secretly came back, or is waiting on the sea.

It takes time for news to get to the top of the Eyrie, I guess. Just some delay, I don't think Auran lied.

• 4 weeks later...

It seems like a GRRM trope to maim his most good looking characters. Ie, Jamie and his hand. I found myself not liking Loras as much while reading Cersei's chapters, probably because she didn't....strange. And I'd loved him up until that point. I haven't read any conspiracy threads yet but it wouldn't surprise me if all is not what it seems with her account of the battle.

Archived