Maggy/Maegi

Vincent23

I believe that the "Maggy" that gave Cersie the prophecy is the same woman that gave another prophecy to, and was killed by, Dany. However i know that Maegi is basicly a word the witch but they have a similiar describtion and both get given a 3 point prophecy. Also, i think it is the same woman then it gives Cersie and Dany more of a connection which hints to Dany being the one to talk everything away from the queen.

What do you guys think? :)

Interesting theory but how do you explain the location differences? I got the impression the witch who tricked Dany had been at that village the Dothraki destroyed her whole life. She mentioned the temple being destroyed and how her mother had been a healer or whatever and her grandmother and how she had kept the tradition. The witch Cersei visted was in Casterly Rock on the other side of the Narrow Sea. Although the witch Dany save could be full of crap.

I never picked up on the similarities that both women are given three prophecies that have come true so far.

the time difference could give many answers for the location difference as Cersie saw her when she was quite young so it gives atleast 15(?) years to have gotten across the Narrow Sea but if she says shes been there her whole life then fairenough :) i didnt the book to go back and check, was just speaking from memory

That would be too big a coincidence for it to be believable.

There are probably plenty "maegis" in westeros and essos, just because we only know of two doesn't mean they are the same person. We've encountered plenty people who makes prophecies so far, Quaith, the Ghost of High Heart, Melisandre, Moqorro... etc.. Prophets don't seem to be a dying breed in ASOIAF.

They were definitely not the same person. Maggy the Frog was already an old woman by the time Cersei encountered her as a preteen.

Mirri Maz Durr(the Maegi who betrayed Dany and gave her the prophecy about Drogo's "return") was middle-aged. She told Dany that she'd traveled around Essos but never gave any indication that she'd been to Westeros.

Archived