Cersei screwing up

TheDrawback

Hi this is my second topic so far so don't expect much of it but this is what i wanted to say.

I'm halfway through aFfC now and starting to enjoy it more the further i am reading. Especialy the Cersei chapters (although i hate her guts). Love to see her squirming to keep control of KL but everyone is defying her and that really pisses her off. I wonder what desperate means she will turn to when it really gets out of control. Hopefully she'll be kicked out of KL by Jaime himself but thats just a fun thought :P

Hi this is my second topic so far so don't expect much of it but this is what i wanted to say.

I'm halfway through aFfC now and starting to enjoy it more the further i am reading. Especialy the Carsei chapters (although i hate her guts). Love to see her squirming to keep control of KL but everyone is defying her and that really pisses her off. I wonder what desperate means she will turn to when it really gets out of control. Hopefully she'll be kicked out of KL by Jaime himself but thats just a fun thought :P

Have fun reading Cersei... I think they are among the best written chapters. :thumbsup:

I am also about half way through the book. I completely agree, Cersei's chapters are by far the best so far. I know there's some more interesting things coming up for her. I did a private little cheer

when Ser Kevan verbally b**** slapped Cersei after she asked him to be Hand.

Cersei may be evil to the core, but damn if she's not an amazing character.

Her POV's are fantastic and I also hate her. There is just nothing redeeming about her and I tried hard to find something, anything, but it is just not there.

Her chapters definetly gave the reader a little more insight; the political situation in KL and Cersei's paranoia.

Though if you look deep enough, I could see Cersei doing everything she did for her children (Still don't like her).

I think she is terrible to Tommen...

I think she is just scared to lose him to the Tyrells, because she already lost Joffrey and Myrcella, he's her only child left.

Cersei's chapters in AFfC are excellent, the best of the book IMO. She is finally able to step out of the long shadow that Lord Tywin cast. She has Tyrion out of the way and on theory this should have been her time to shine. But she manages to fantastically destroy everything that her father built with her incompetence, shrillness and complete lack of foresight. In the first three books I thought Cersei was shrewd and calculating, her father's daughter truly, but once we get a glimpse inside that warped mind of hers in AFfC we learn that she is anything but in control.

• 2 weeks later...

Her chapters definetly gave the reader a little more insight; the political situation in KL and Cersei's paranoia.

Though if you look deep enough, I could see Cersei doing everything she did for her children (Still don't like her).

I think if you look deep enough, she does everything she does because she's on a major power trip. Before Joff died I would have agreed with you, but now he's out of the picture it's clear her children are an afterthought. For one thing, we never see a single thought about Myrcella in any of her POV chapters (or if there are they're so minor that I was able to forget about them).

For another

She wouldn't constantly deny EVERYTHING Tommen wants i.e. training with Loras (even though he's clearly the best teacher he could hope to have), or disallow him to make any sort of decision concerning the realm. Especially in the last case, it's clear that it's about Cersei and only Cersei.

I would have liked to see her POVs before Joffrey died. In her few recollections of him, she had him pictured to become the perfect king. Or her imagining of what a perfect king should be. But as far as I can remember, everyone else thought Joffrey was a horrible person. Starks, King Robert, Jaime, Tyrion and maybe even Tywin. Her whole perception must be backwards if she thought Joffrey was fit to be king or that she was doing anything the way she thought her father would do it.

I would have liked to see her POVs before Joffrey died.  In her few recollections of him, she had him pictured to become the perfect king.  Or her imagining of what a perfect king should be.  But as far as I can remember, everyone else thought Joffrey was a horrible person.  Starks, King Robert, Jaime, Tyrion and maybe even Tywin.  Her whole perception must be backwards if she thought Joffrey was fit to be king or that she was doing anything the way she thought her father would do it.

I think this is becouse she's proud of her son becomming king and Joff is her firstborn so I think she is just blind to all the things he does wrong like some mothers tend to do sometimes as to protect their children. But I agree that he was horrible glad he's dead now :D

Archived