TOP FIVE DEAD OR ALIVE

Mark Sawyer

Arya, awesome fiesty little girl who doesnt give a shit about being a "Lady"

Daenerys, powerful and strong and has DRAGONS

Tyrion, so unbelievably clever and devious yet admirable for it

Robb, humble and brave and bold and the nicest king

Hodor, so utterly random and mysterious

Robb Stark - I love the tragic boy king, "won every battle but lost the war" story. Plus his death was kind of the tipping point for the north fighting back.

Jon Snow - I can't even begin. I really like the parallels between Jon and Robb, and sometimes I think of Jon as an extension of Robb, if Robb put his own preferences aside and grew up, learned from his mistakes and became darker because of it. I really want Jon to finish what Robb started.

Catelyn Tully - I really don't know why. I could probably explain it by arguing back if someone was criticizing her, but I just find her character really compelling.

Rhaegar Targaryen because of the legend and stigma surrounding him. He's so damn interesting. Also love that he (well, Aerys) rejected Cersei :D

Ramsay Bolton because he's just such a psychopath. Where Tywin actually tries to justify his actions as a means to an end, and Walder Frey's a peevish old fart, Ramsay's just genuinely fucked up. And I love it.

honorable mentions to Asha Greyjoy and Meera Reed.

I haven't finished the all the current books yet so I will wait to list my overall favourite characters until then.

Slightly off topic but 2 things that made me laugh openly while reading were:

1. In A Clash Of Kings when the Boys(and Arya) of The Nights Watch are attacked and while Arya is screming "Winterfell" Hot Pie is screaming "Hot Pie,Hot Pie" as he kills someone, and following that all the talk of yielding and as soon as he sees the enemy he just says " I yield"

2. Is When Bran,Jojen,Meera and Hodor are hiding in the abandoned tower in the lake and Hodor gets firghtened by the lightning, Bran tells him no Hodoring or to stop Hodoring.

1. Ned Stark- a lot deeper of a character then just his nobility, he also hated the Lannisters with a passion which leds to some of the issues in the first book.

2. Jon Snow/Samwell Friendship- I find these two to be linked and I like them equally. Where would Jon Snow be without Samwell and where would Samwell be without Jon Snow. They both go through their own adventures, but i really enjoyed reading their interactions.

3. Bran - I looked forward to all of his chapters.

4. Tyrion- how can you not like his character, his adverntures are non-stop always taking incredible turns.

5. Littlefinger- so much to him its incredible.

Lists usually bring me out of lurking at threads. :(

I have obvious favorites--Jon, all three Lannisters, Ned Stark, Littlefinger, but it will be impossible for me to create a Top Five from all of them so I'll just make a...

Hipster's Choice Top Five:

5. Olenna Redwyne

4. Mance Rayder

3. Oberyn Martell

2. Egg Targaryen

1. Bloodraven

Archived