Drifiting aimlessly

MizasterJ

Ok so Ive been reading and reading and im on book 4 "a Feast for Crows" and the plot is really beginning to slip away. I am starting to feel like this series is just a wandering plot . Is there a point in all this, i dont see a direction at all in GRRM's writing.

Im getting a little sea sick of this adventure and need some reassurance of

turnaround and a point to the plot. Is there any? and when will i begin to see it?

What im asking is, which characters are essential to the core plot and which are not?

What I'm asking is would the answer to that question make the book more or less enjoyable?

I agree ADwD does start more things in motion, but AFFC takes place during the aftermath of major fighting, not all of which turned out how the participants planned. If nothing else, the books chronicle a history of a world we've never seen, so there will be periods where the future isn't apparent...just like real life.

GRRM is a bit less formulaic than suits the taste of some folks. But, if you prefer knowing who is important, I'd suggest LOTR.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully GRRM is able to make it right (and still the way he wanted) on the tv series. We'll they said that if ever they have a chance to do book 4 & 5, they're gonna merge it together and try to do it chronologically like usual. And they also admit they there will be deviations (well since this season) so I expect a shorter Brienne adventure and a more meaningful Mereen "vacation". :P

Archived