{Spoilers} Compiling all of GRRM subtleties you may have missed

Ghostwriter

Well, I do not believe it outright, as you say, there is too little evidence.

Yet it would just fit Ramsay's wholly cruel and sadistic behaviour to make

Theon kill his own son (only the younger would fit) and It is mentioned

one or two times that Theon bedded the Miller's wife + the various kinslaying-

comment.

Definitely far from a proven theory, but I would consider it a subtlety by George RR Martin ;)

Well, first of all it was Ramsay who killed the boys. Second, Ramsay couldn't have known that Theon has bedded the miller's wife. Thirdly, I believe the "kinslaying" comes from someone who was very close to the Stark affairs and knows Theon was treated as kin. I think that's Harwin, but that's for another thread.

One subtle bit of characterization i missed in my first read that i found really disturbing the second time: LF doesn't know anything more than the broad strokes of Westerosi history, and doesn't really care. In CoK ch3 Tyrion has to tell him who Aerys Hands were and what happened to them, and he shrugs off the information with a joke.

I dont' think this points to a greater mystery or anything, but it helps to paint him as myopic and uncurious. The idea of making the sort of sweeping changes to the political landscape that LF does w/o bothering to learn your history first strikes me as grossly irresponsible. It's not like Aerys was that long ago, hell, LF was alive for most of his reign.

Archived