Last words

Bride of Winter

It will probably be his last words too, besides cackling

No, I mean that that's what he said to get his tongue chopped off. There's nothing to say that he didn't say anything after that before he lost his tongue, like, you know, some extra snide remark or something. It's the last meaningful thing he said - not necessarily the last thing he said. Like Chett in ASOS. The last thing we hear him say is "Others", but he probably had a bunch of other colorful things to say before they killed him.

I think that's what he said to get his tongue cut off. Not necessarily the last thing he said.

i'd imagine him studdering while he said his last words, and the studdering would be the reason he lost his tongue.

I am sure this is some clever line from a famous book or a movie, but I can not seem to remember reading/hearing it. Can you please explain? :-) Thanks.

Blue Öyster Cult has a song, named Me 262, where they sing that line. Tumnas the Torpid is a classic rock fan, while you are a fan of old jet fighters (I assume) --- cue confusion.

Blue Öyster Cult has a song, named Me 262, where they sing that line. Tumnas the Torpid is a classic rock fan, while you are a fan of old jet fighters (I assume) --- cue confusion.

You are very correct, my friend. And thank you very much for this explanation.

Yes, a song and a band name. Easily googled. Confusion?

Sorry, Jon, I did not feel the need to google it, because I thought it was something from classical literature I missed in highschool. Now that the three of you explained it to me, I get it. ;-)

Thank you so much.

I don't remember the speach exactly, but what Rickard Karstark said to Robb before he took his head. If someone could post it that would be awesome.

"I'll thank you for taking my head yourself Robb and nothing else. The Karstarks and Starks are related, and there is nothing in this world more cursed than a kinslayer." Then he spits.

No, now it ends.

How could you screw up what is easily the best quote in the whole series. Ser Arthur Dayne says his last words of "So it begins" while unsheathing Dawn before the most epic of battles, and Ned responds with "No, now it ends." Anyways that is with out a doubt the best last words ever, in any book, or in real life.

I don't remember the speach exactly, but what Rickard Karstark said to Robb before he took his head. If someone could post it that would be awesome.

"I'll thank you for taking my head yourself Robb and nothing else. The Karstarks and Starks are related, and there is nothing in this world more cursed than a kinslayer." Then he spits.

How could you screw up what is easily the best quote in the whole series. Ser Arthur Dayne says his last words of "So it begins" while unsheathing Dawn before the most epic of battles, and Ned responds with "No, now it ends." Anyways that is with out a doubt the best last words ever, in any book, or in real life.

Meep, I am so sorry, that scene just makes me all shiver and spine tingly.. :blushing:

Archived