The war

Glom

The problem with this though is a Renly and Robb alliance. Had Renly been open to formally acknowledging Northron sovereignty, then I feel Robb and his Lord bannerment would doubtless enter an alliance. However, IIRC Renly's disposition was to rule the Seven Kingdoms--not six. In turn, I doubt Robb would bend the knee and sacrifice the freshly minted title of King of the North his men bestowed upon him, regardless of how much more favorable the odds of accomplishing the ends would become if he did so.

As I remember, the bannermen of Robb advices him to join forces with Renly. Robb hesitates as he still thinks that Joffrey has the right for the crown. The solution is to crown himself as King of the North.

Spoiler ACOK:

It would have been easier for Robb if Stannis had sent his ravens earlier, where he claimed to be the rightful king-that would have been a possibility for Robb to stand up against Joffrey without being on his own.

I do not think Robb crowned himself. His bannermen argue upon a course of action once the news that Renly has proclaimed himself King is manifest. Greatjohn Umber then proclaims Robb King in the North.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived