So this Dany/Ironborn rendezvous can't go well, right?

StannisBamfatheon

How exactly is this gonna go down? Say Dany wins the battle of Meereen(big if I know!) with the help of the Ironborn and Victarion. They convene afterward "hey thanks for the help!" "boy that was a kah-raaaazy battle" etc... but afterward the whole business of Daenerys wedding Victarion and/or Euron, sailing to Westeros and conquering together business comes up. Victarion is basically an aquatic Stannis with half the charm and Daenerys is well....Daenerys. There personalities are Ice and Fire(sorry). Needless to say unless Victarion grows a blue beard Dany won't exactly fall for him. Nor do I think her ideal return to her homeland will be flying the Ironborn banner and fighting with the squids.

Now there's always the chance Daenerys never makes it back to Meereen and instead returns with Khal Jhoqo or something. That would leave the Ironborn reaaaaally peeved having come all the way to Westeros for nothing. Hah maybe they'll conquer Westeros with Jorah or something. But anyway say Dany does meet with him and her dragons are awol, would Victarion take her by force? Would the dragons come to her aid against the Ironborn as they have done so many times before? I just can't see the two groups, Dany and her retainers and Victarion and the Ironborn working together. What about you!?

I think that Dany thinking she can win Westeros' love and support by arriving at the head of a slave army on board ironborn ships is about the closest thing to a shit sandwich this series can offer.

... which of course means, that's how it'll go down.

It's so true, Dany's army is basically "Things Westerosi hate" stew. And I always felt the way she got the unsullied was a total doublecross and really dishonorable and shitty.

I think that Dany thinking she can win Westeros' love and support by arriving at the head of a slave army on board ironborn ships is about the closest thing to a shit sandwich this series can offer.

... which of course means, that's how it'll go down.

I'd like to know how this arc could play out in a satisfying manner if she ends up with less support from the commons than Stannis got.

And by "this arc," I mean Dany's as a whole.

It's so true, Dany's army is basically "Things Westerosi hate" stew. And I always felt the way she got the unsullied was a total doublecross and really dishonorable and shitty.

Yeah, almost like something Stannis would do if he were smart enough.

Which, of course, he isn't. He needs Davos and Melisandre to do all his thinking.

But those poor slavers! Boy, I feel sorry for the fucking slavers! Let's pity slavers and how they got doublecrossed!

Christ. Jesus fucking Christ. :bang:

That's a poor precedent to set for morality...

Yes, it's terrible! Doublecrossing slavers is horrible, and we should totally feel fucking sorry for the fucking sick slavers who fucking mutilated small boys and then made them kill puppies! Yes, I see it now! Dany is totally horrible for cheating and killing these people, who are after all goddamned saints!

I give up. Sanity is not to be found here.

Which, of course, he isn't. He needs Davos and Melisandre to do all his thinking.

But those poor slavers! Boy, I feel sorry for the fucking slavers! Let's pity slavers and how they got doublecrossed!

I mean it doesnt matter if they were slavers or whatever she still reneged on a deal and basically murdered those dudes and stole the unsullied. Now there essentially her slaves, they can go at any time but they only know a life of servitude so they just kinda follow her by default.

hah I believe the OP is Stannis free if I recall, I did write it.....why the straw man argument? Is it cause my user name has Stannis in it, BE STILL MY HEART, you have insulted my hero!! :crying:

Yes, it's terrible! Doublecrossing slavers is horrible, and we should totally feel fucking sorry for the fucking sick slavers who fucking mutilated small boys and then made them kill puppies! Yes, I see it now! Dany is totally horrible for cheating and killing these people, who are after all goddamned saints!

I give up. Sanity is not to be found here.

You get how you're just making a big ole strawman right?

Doing something bad or dishonourable to a person who is bad or dishonourable does not make the act good or honourable.

Or you can insult me.

It sets bad precedent. "If we don't have to care about slavers, then we don't have to care about x,y, z, etc."

You're right. What we did to the Nazis was wrong, and we should all be ashamed. I shall also weep tonight for Jeffrey Dahmer and the cruel fate our evil society visited on him! For clearly, I must care about all people equally, with no regard for anything they've done at all, else I might not care about x, y, z and of course let's not forget etc.!

You're right. What we did to the Nazis was wrong, and we should all be ashamed. I shall also weep tonight for Jeffrey Dahmer and the cruel fate our evil society visited on him! For clearly, I must care about all people equally, with no regard for anything they've done at all, else I might not care about x, y, z and of course let's not forget etc.!

Godwin's Law, right on schedule.

Would the Ironborn follow Daenarys if she/Jorah/Selmy/Drogon/Unsullied/Pale mare killed Victarion? The fact that she's a woman is less important to them than most Westerosi,as seen by Asha's example, and if she was to "pay the iron price" and take them by force, would they accept her as their new leader?

Holy fucking strawman, Batman.

ETA: I also love how, even when you're insulting Stannis, you can't give Jon credit for giving him good advice. :D

I'm not sure what I did to you to incur such ire.

Nothing. Any criticism of Dany will be turned into something about Stannis. Just, you know, because.

Godwin's Law, right on schedule.

Yes, you're absolutely right. The actual point is not important, only the fact that Wikipedia offers an easy dismissal!

In fairness, the Nazis weren't nearly as bad as the slavers in this case, so it may be an unfair comparison. To the Nazis.

But after all, it's important to x, y, z and etc., who I will surely mistreat if I dare to judge or not care about absolutely everyone ever, that I must feel badly for these poor, mistreated slavers! Oh Dany, you cruel monster! How dare you do this evil deed?!!

Would the Ironborn follow Daenarys if she/Jorah/Selmy/Drogon/Unsullied/Pale mare killed Victarion? The fact that she's a woman is less important to them than most Westerosi,as seen by Asha's example, and if she was to "pay the iron price" and take them by force, would they accept her as their new leader?

Dany is not Asha. Asha is a warrior, and no doubt has gelded a few male doubters personally.

Dany has never killed anyone with her own hands, save her Khal (and he was in no condition to fight).

The Ironborn are not likely to follow Dany out of anything like respect.

Fear of dragons, maybe.

Yes, you're absolutely right. The actual point is not important, only the fact that Wikipedia offers an easy dismissal!

Interesting stance to take from someone who inferred a non-sequitur from "Dany acted dishonourably/badly" equals "the slaver's deserve sympathy, they're saints".

In fairness, the Nazis weren't nearly as bad as the slavers in this case, so it may be an unfair comparison. To the Nazis.

Archived