Mafia Game 93 - The First Law

House Targaryen

Tomorrow, you and I are battling to the death. For now, I'll stop spamming the thread.

Spoiler for Storm of Swords, so don't read if you're just a show watcher I guess? (Heathens!)

Do you want to be Oberyn or Gregor? :D

You fit as Oberyn. (Well apart from being a badass). Like you've been taunting me about how you're going to kill me, but in the end I'll probably win just by virtue of GREGOR SMASH.

Spoiler for Storm of Swords, so don't read if you're just a show watcher I guess? (Heathens!)

Do you want to be Oberyn or Gregor? :D

You fit as Oberyn. (Well apart from being a badass). Like you've been taunting me about how you're going to kill me, but in the end I'll probably win just by virtue of GREGOR SMASH.

:lol: Do you realize how scummy the character you just compared yourself to is?

Just wow.

I'd bet money Dow is Shylo's partner. He needed to keep the NK target off his back and Shylo was going down anyway. This way he at least has a chance to whine and wheedle his way out of it tomorrow.

But why didn't he do that yesterday, when it would have given him even more credibility? He had the chance to lynch either Shylo (distancing) or Ferro (protecting Shylo), but he chose to push a lynch on Jezal instead?

I'd bet money Dow is Shylo's partner. He needed to keep the NK target off his back and Shylo was going down anyway. This way he at least has a chance to whine and wheedle his way out of it tomorrow.

Um. Is this a serious post? lol. I mean read the shylo/me interaction. you think he'd FAKE not recognising me as my scumbuddy.

-.- come on Tul, you're smarter than that. I mean it was fairly obvious I didn't know it was 'Molla too.

Um. Is this a serious post? lol. I mean read the shylo/me interaction. you think he'd FAKE not recognising me as my scumbuddy.

-.- come on Tul, you're smarter than that. I mean it was fairly obvious I didn't know it was 'Molla too.

It has happened and it will happen. FM do a lot to draw a line between them. It includes lying and faking stuff. This rings just false to me that you don't consider that.

Tul and Dow stand out best as possible partners

It's Shivers, Tul or me, I think objectively? It's probably someone off wagon (and I don't count for this anyway)

So, I think Shylo's most likely partners would be Friendly, Grim, Tul and Gorst (independent of my individual reads on those players). What do you guys think?

It's either Tul Duru or Jezal. Leaning towards Jezal, as Shylo's case aganst him looks like she was distancing

Everyone throwing out partners for Shylo, could you at least give some reasons so we're not just flailing about on gut? Also, notice that even Dow thinks he is a possible Shylo partner.

Question to everyone: do you actually think I could fake this level of indignation re: the hammer. Come on Shivers, I'm not Tom Hardy!

How is this even a question - of course you could. I don't actually find it all that convincing. But I'm not really your target audience.

Shivers - why he didn't do it yesterday? Why give in until you absolutely have to? The Ferro lynch was obviously viable and I'd have to check, but the Jezal one probably was too.

Dow - so the part of my theory you want to dispute is that fact that you didn't recognize an alt? The rest is good, huh? (and like Grim says - Northman please.)

Everyone throwing out partners for Shylo, could you at least give some reasons so we're not just flailing about on gut? Also, notice that even Dow thinks he is a possible Shylo partner.

My conclusions are based on vote counts.Players who seriously pushed a Shylo lynch on day 3, at a point where loosing a partner would be devastating, given that the other team was still intact. I put myself out because 1) I know I'm not her partner and 2) I pushed a case on her seriously on day 1.

By process of elimination only Jezal and you remain.

To flesh out why I think he did it and is partners with Shylo.

Shylo was going down today - given.

Dow has been protecting Shylo all game. Dow is not the type of player that analyses by strong suspicions, but rather by strong town tells. There is a form of distancing that is buddying up so hard that it seems too obvious to be a partnership. With Dow's playing style and the multifaction game, this is a safer play.

If Dow is off the train, it is noted that he has been protecting BB. He becomes a large night kill target by the other FM. He's not going to be easily lynched plus he looks bad for protecting Shylo for so long. He can't hammer Shylo as it would be a big contradiction to his playstyle so far.

A fake hammer does a couple of things. It lets him end the day and potentially shut down a Calder case on him. He causes a distraction and everyone is pointing fingers at him and it looks like he is the lynch for tomorrow. Should the FM waste a kill on him tonight? He is the obvious choice for a lynch tomorrow and will take that space instead of it swinging onto one of them. It lets him live another day and gives him the possibility of talking his way out of it by batting his eyes and talking about his hurt feelings. Because it's too outrageous to be true, obviously.

It has happened and it will happen. FM do a lot to draw a line between them. It includes lying and faking stuff. This rings just false to me that you don't consider that.

I don't consider it, though? I've never seen it, and certainly wouldn't use it? It seems like a sub par strategy. Plus, it was fairly obvious I thought I was genuinely trolling Shylo I think. Do you disagree or is it just 'FM wouldn't do that' you don't agree with?

Also, notice that even Dow thinks he is a possible Shylo partner.

Objectively, sure. I don't even get why Harding is clearing me as a partner, because I think starting a third wagon would be a good thing for a buddy to do? Get Jezal lynched, and then Ferro might get lynched the next day. So it doesn't just buy one day, but 2? It's for that reason I don't think Caul is clear either.

How is this even a question - of course you could. I don't actually find it all that convincing. But I'm not really your target audience.

I don't think I could? But okay, thanks for the compliment.

Dow - so the part of my theory you want to dispute is that fact that you didn't recognize an alt? The rest is good, huh? (and like Grim says - Northman please.)

Obviously if the first part is incorrect then it follows the rest can't be correct, since by virtue of the first part being correct I'm not scum with Shylo? This is a fairly obvious thing.

My conclusions are based on vote counts.Players who seriously pushed a Shylo lynch on day 3, at a point where loosing a partner would be devastating, given that the other team was still intact. I put myself out because 1) I know I'm not her partner and 2) I pushed a case on her seriously on day 1.

By process of elimination only Jezal and you remain.

Why is Dow not on that list?

Archived