Mafia Game 93 - The First Law

House Targaryen

Grim is playing it safe. Null reading, based on meta.

Meta sucks, don't use it, especially because meta can look differently all the time.

He is being non commital, wishi-washi and stuff. He is not reaviling his cards until the other players do so. And by null I mean that I saw people and maybe that player if my alt-guesses are right playing this as both Fm and inno.

Thats a scum tell there buddy.

Hopefully I am not too late.

I think clearing something on day 1 because of meta is ok tactics. You need to cut your suspect pool somehow.

I probably won't vote Bremer or Collem today.

Summon Ardee West.

*Comes in late*

*Doesn't know who to vote for*

*Votes someone who hasn't shown up yet*

*scummy*

I'd like to kick you into that pit Rudd

I am slightly suspicious of most of you,. but I think summoning Ardee is more important for now.

It works at times, you know.

So trying to get someone who hasn't posted yet to post is more inportant than interacting with the active people on the game.

Sorry your master plan to break me with a wagon didn't pan out, Dow. (protip: even if I was evil, you wouldn't break me that way).

I probably won't vote for Dow, Collem, or Jezal today. I'm not sure what to make of Glokta, but I didn't really like Vitari's post either. However, there are multiple factions so ... yeah.

Not sure if Rudd actually thinks he's being useful. I'd much prefer it if you'd comment on someone who has actually posted - the Ardee vote is wasted right now and it gives us no reason not to vote for you. Which is fail for your team, and if it's my team as well - you suck :P. Someone else popped in and didn't comment ... Calder, that was it!. That's bad for your team too. Grimm is getting annoying, but at least he has some comments scattered in.

Cosco seems like he's making a technically sound argument, but I'm not convinced he truly believes it.

Clearing someone due to an alt guess during RP phase seems extremely lazy to me. And that's even looking past the fact you are basing it entirely on meta. I don't like that at all. Not in a "it makes you suspicious" way, but more in a "it's poor game play" way.

I like the underlined, Cosca could have easily attacked that as scum, but didn't.

Sorry your master plan to break me with a wagon didn't pan out, Dow. (protip: even if I was evil, you wouldn't break me that way).

I probably won't vote for Dow, Collem, or Jezal today. I'm not sure what to make of Glokta, but I didn't really like Vitari's post either. However, there are multiple factions so ... yeah.

Not sure if Rudd actually thinks he's being useful. I'd much prefer it if you'd comment on someone who has actually posted - the Ardee vote is wasted right now and it gives us no reason not to vote for you. Which is fail for your team, and if it's my team as well - you suck :P. Someone else popped in and didn't comment ... Calder, that was it!. That's bad for your team too. Grimm is getting annoying, but at least he has some comments scattered in.

Bolded + Underlined. Why'd you feel the need to say that.

The Holy shit was in reference to how forced both of those felt.

Caul's post is 'meh', I like his follow up point on Cosca (and agree with it) though. Apart from that I'm not sure I buy that you have much conviction in your vote on Rudd. I can believe you think it's poor play, but I'm not so sure it veers into scummy?

Dow, just saying that it was apparent from the vote with no reason what you were trying to do. It was always going to be a waste of time because it was easy to see through. As for the underlined ... dunno. Just posting my thoughts as they came and my feeling about Glokta had me thinking of multiple factions.

Meta sucks, don't use it, especially because meta can look differently all the time.

Thats a scum tell there buddy.

*Comes in late*

*Doesn't know who to vote for*

*Votes someone who hasn't shown up yet*

*scummy*

I'd like to kick you into that pit Rudd

So trying to get someone who hasn't posted yet to post is more inportant than interacting with the active people on the game.

shivers

Don't like how you jump on him for harmless first day voting. Not like there's anything of substance posted yet to really interact with.

Dow, just saying that it was apparent from the vote with no reason what you were trying to do. It was always going to be a waste of time because it was easy to see through. As for the underlined ... dunno. Just posting my thoughts as they came and my feeling about Glokta had me thinking of multiple factions.

It was more the fact you felt the need to throw out 'If I was evil' that I didn't like. Doesn't feel a natural thing to say, same with your ';MY TEAM YOUR TEAM WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM' thing.

I don't understand why an innocent would give this sort of explanation.

And why would he say that if he was guilty? Seriously, that's more or less the dumbest reason you can give to vote someone and I have a really hard time expecting a guilty player to consciously make a choice to post that reasoning behind a vote.

MOD WARNING -

There have been a few posts that have come close to violating the alt rules. Please refrain from open speculation about the identity of any other player. Thank you.

Thank you. The 4 pages of alt speculation argument was painful to read.

Not thrilled by Tul's #164. The "if I were evil" bit in particular seems a bit smug (not taking that as anything other than a personality flaw for now :P).

- Shivers, Dow a question for you both.

I like the underlined, Cosca could have easily attacked that as scum, but didn't.
Caul's post is 'meh', I like his follow up point on Cosca (and agree with it) though.

In the post Shivers reacts to, Cosca is respondoing to Bremer. And it's true that in that first post Cosca doesn't attack Bremer but just accuses him of possible "poor play".

But then in #122 he says "After all, having a decent amount of thoughts but none of them particularly concrete and all based on "meta" is pretty scummy." and ... votes Bremer.

This seems to completely undercut his earlier post, no? I mean, you're telling me that you're pleased he doesn't attack as scum ... somebody who he's currently voting for and attacking as scummy? Does not compute.

shivers

Don't like how you jump on him for harmless first day voting. Not like there's anything of substance posted yet to really interact with.

And how exactly do you create substance? Why is his vote for something worse than yours when there isn't any "substance to interact with?"

To be honest, Dow, I almost took that out because it felt weird to say it, then decided to go with my first instinct. (the 'if I was evil' part.) The other was just ... what it was. There's nothing I can say at this point to convince you otherwise.

Archived